GDT: Buffalo Sabres @ NJD

Steven M.

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

This was last game but!, Ward's goal, Kovy passed it like a bullet and Adam missed it. it looked like it was poked a lil by the Hurricane, if so why was it given to Cam Ward and no that Hurricane?

Great game tonight by the Devs. Kovy just firing like a damn howitzer!! Thats how it should be! Nice crowd it looked like on TV tonight. Maybe about 15,700?

I was at last years NYE game definately getting tix for this years game against the fat flightless birds!

Great game tonight by the Devs. Kovy just firing like a damn howitzer!! Thats how it should be! Nice crowd it looked like on TV tonight. Maybe about 15,700?

I was at last years NYE game definately getting tix for this years game against the fat flightless birds!

It was a sellout man! A lot of empty seats down low but like unknown poster said (I believe in another thread) the owners of those seats were probably in the Fire & Ice lounges... Uppers were packed!

Hey guys, remember when I said I was hoping to see this again? :

387920_10151003012330014_701540013_22275671_207308983_n.jpg

wellllllllllll...:

NJJC102_1259588e.jpg

Pominville is wondering what he did in a past life to Marty, because he owns him right now!

Everyone drills Marty after a bad game, but I think he had a good one last night and no one has anything good to say. Hopefully this will be the start of some consistency from him!

42 goals combined for Clarkson, Henrique, Sykora, and Zubrus thru 36 games. Don't think any of us saw that coming. That has helped offset Parise's and Kovy's lack of goal-scoring big-time...they've both been scoring more lately, but overall neither player has been where you'd expect them to be at this point in the season. The Devils could very well wind up with two or three players with 30+ goals (if Kovy and Parise continue to shake off their slow starts), and four or five with 20+, if all goes well. Not bad for a team that probably won't even rank in the top half of the league in offense.

Overall, the state of the Devils could be a lot worse. They're not terribly far out of first place in their divison or conference (not saying I expect them to get there, just that it's not like they're miles behind). They lose ugly on occasion, and can be a tough watch, but they're about to turn in their second straight winning month.

Their monthly records to date:

October: 4-4-1

November: 8-6

December: 8-5 (with one left to play)

I fully expect more "WTF?!"-type losses, but they do seem to shake those games off. 20-15-1 isn't bad...if they win four out of their next five, suddenly they're on pace for a 100-point season. Can't complain about that!

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I found this exchange between Chico and Cangialosi a tad puzzling...

CHICO: "Well, my New Year's resolution is that I'll try to stop being so awesome."

STEVE: "Oh yeah? How do you like your chances?"

CHICO: "It's gonna be tough, man. Gonna be tough."

They played a hell of a lot better than they did on Monday. Lots of positives coming from this game.

And, like CR pointed out, the team's December record looks pretty decent. Consider that the month started with the team mid-way through a four-game skid, and the team is 8-3 since that losing streak ended. Also, three of the last four wins have come in regulation by two or more goals. Very nice little stretch.

I had a lot of fun at this game, but for different reasons. N.J. Devil came up to my little boy (3 years old) and high-fived him, signed his N.J. Devil doll, and personally handed him the last T-shirt during the free T-shirt toss. Plus the arena camera guy put him up on the video screen for a few seconds. Add to that the Devils won. I suppose it doesn't get much better ...

• Like 1

I had a lot of fun at this game, but for different reasons. N.J. Devil came up to my little boy (3 years old) and high-fived him, signed his N.J. Devil doll, and personally handed him the last T-shirt during the free T-shirt toss. Plus the arena camera guy put him up on the video screen for a few seconds. Add to that the Devils won. I suppose it doesn't get much better ...

Haha nice and yeah I saw that on the jumbrotron.

I still say the Devils mascot is the best in the entire NHL.

How is Wyatt these days?

I plan on getting Natalie to at least one game this year...hopefully soon! Wouldn't surprise me if she hugged the NJ Devil on site...she tends to do that when she sees "characters".

It was a sellout man! A lot of empty seats down low but like unknown poster said (I believe in another thread) the owners of those seats were probably in the Fire & Ice lounges... Uppers were packed!

Good to hear!! Yea I read about that in the attendence thread. The Yanks have the same issue with the seats behind homeplate with the club under the granstand.

Great win last night. Was really hoping to see Sykie get the hat trick but Marty at the end shooting for the goal.....man that was awesome. I guess he wanted to show that he can score a goal on his own without the help of the other team. :whistling:

Last night is the team I want to see for the rest of the season.

Great win last night. Was really hoping to see Sykie get the hat trick but Marty at the end shooting for the goal.....man that was awesome. I guess he wanted to show that he can score a goal on his own without the help of the other team. :whistling:

Last night is the team I want to see for the rest of the season.

You know Marty's done that, right? Of his two career goals, one was all him (against Montreal in the playoffs)...the other one was a "last one to touch the puck" deal (against the Flyers, I believe).

Both of Hextall's goals were all him.

You know Marty's done that, right? Of his two career goals, one was all him (against Montreal in the playoffs)...the other one was a "last one to touch the puck" deal (against the Flyers, I believe).

Both of Hextall's goals were all him.

Ofcourse I know Marty has done it before. Im just saying he wanted to prove a point after Ward did it the game before.