"F U Sam Rosen"?

daneyko_booster

Sam Rosen, when the Rangers score on a power play, will announce on TV "blahblahblah scores, It's a power play goal!" It's one of those "I need a schtick" announcing gimmicks that draw attention to the announcer rather than the players on the ice.

So, when we score a power play goal (y'know, once every three years or so), they do the "It's a power play goal!" "fvck you Sam Rosen!" chant.

There's a bunch of rowdy fans in the last rows of section 208 who have a cheer after any power play goal where they curse out Sam Rosen. Anybody care to enlighten me on why they do that?

Every time the Rags score a power play goal, Sam does an over-the-top annoucement that it is "A power play goal!"

There is a whole back story that JD encouraged Sam to be more excited during power play goals back in the 80's and Sam responded with the over the top annoucement of every single power play goal the Rags score to get even with JD.

The Devils fans do it sarcastically to make fun of Sam and how ridiculous it is.

Edited by DevsMan84

I think it's just another reason to use the f-word at a hockey game. Whatever. Unless you have kids with you, but no one cares about that anyway. What bugs me more about Rosen, isn't the ppg call, it's his constant in-game complimenting of the ranger players practically every shift. If I was in college still, it'd be a drinking game. Whenever rosen (and joe m. too) say: 'nice play by ______' take a gulp. It is perpetual annoyance, I know, combined with the fact that I hate everything about them & when they play well, I know, I know.

Absolutely my least favorite chant in the history of sports, the United States, and the universe as a whole and however far it expands.

Jeez, and you're a soccer fan. All the racist garbage that gets chanted over there on a regular basis makes anything that could possibly be chanted at a Devils game look like an episode of Sesame Street.

Jeez, and you're a soccer fan. All the racist garbage that gets chanted over there on a regular basis makes anything that could possibly be chanted at a Devils game look like an episode of Sesame Street.

eh... I just never really thought it was great. I would rather have Sam Rosen over Stevey C any day.

Also, NHL fans can't hold a candle to soccer fans as far as atmosphere and such goes..

There are, however, a ton of problems in soccer stadiums. It's seriously not out of the ordinary for people to get sent to the hospital and a death or two in some of the Scottish/Irish league games.

In Italy... Juve was playing Udinese and the game was halted for fans throwing a smoke bomb and flare on the field.

But seriously, if you find some youtube videos of racism in European soccer crowds... you'll be horrified.

Sam Rosen is a good announcer. He's gone way over the top in the last 5 years with his calls on Ranger goals, but he calls a solid game overall.

I've actually been impressed with Cangy this season. He does use the phrase "sharp angle shot" alot during games, but he is clearly trying to get better, and actually pronounces the word "score" instead of "scarrr" now. Overall, he's not that bad.

Also, NHL fans can't hold a candle to soccer fans as far as atmosphere and such goes..

There are, however, a ton of problems in soccer stadiums. It's seriously not out of the ordinary for people to get sent to the hospital and a death or two in some of the Scottish/Irish league games.

In Italy... Juve was playing Udinese and the game was halted for fans throwing a smoke bomb and flare on the field.

But seriously, if you find some youtube videos of racism in European soccer crowds... you'll be horrified.

Scumbag Philadelphia fans could probably go toe-to-toe with most scumbag soccer hooliganism, but yeah, the rest of the NHL (and North American sports, for that matter) fans can't hold a candle. That's part of why I always get surprised at the strong negative reaction to stuff chanted at Devils games. Some perspective goes a long way. We're tame.

Hell, we get bent out of shape over stuff that even Nashville fans would consider tame. Nashville.

Scumbag Philadelphia fans could probably go toe-to-toe with most scumbag soccer hooliganism, but yeah, the rest of the NHL (and North American sports, for that matter) fans can't hold a candle. That's part of why I always get surprised at the strong negative reaction to stuff chanted at Devils games. Some perspective goes a long way. We're tame.

Hell, we get bent out of shape over stuff that even Nashville fans would consider tame. Nashville.

We expect that from Nashville fans. They are in-bred hillbillies.

I think the "rangers suck" chant has died down a little this season. I even think we made it through a game a few weeks ago where it was never done. That being said, I don't mind the chant 1 or 2 times per game, or any other chant for that matter (other than the supports section "score a goal" chant - for some reason I can't stand that one). At least it brings some noise and atmosphere to an otherwise dead arena.