Flyers' Johnsson has broken hand

djstubbs

1. I at no point supported the comment about Johnssons hand... I just pointed out the reply as being humorous cause your fans were coming here before the playoffs and saying they hope Stevens career is ended if he comes back.. so I was just pointing out how ridiculous it would be to get aggravated about the comment.. broken hand wont end a career...

2. Someone said that every team has fans that are rowdy, in terms of the picture... but Im still going to go ahead and say that Flyers fans are extremely classless with the physical abuse they inflict.. its so ridiculous...on this board alone... 3 people went to Game 2 in Philly and All 3 of us dealt with physical abuse...2 I can honestly say didnt instigate anything(I had just gotten in the building.. never even opened my mouth) . Im not sure about the 3rd cause i wasnt there with him.. myself and the only 2 other devil fans I knew at the game... all getting touched in some way by flyer fans...this doesnt mean all flyers fans are abusive... but I believe there is a much higher percentage of classless people there... Ive never had a problem like this at another arena... and I have had Flyers fans tell me I should NOT go to their arena cause i will get hurt... We dont say that to people coming to our arena, cause it isnt common, clearly it says something about the character of your fans!!!

A photo sounds hypocritical? Fans get in fights sometimes. Somehow, this managed to get into print.

A prefer the photo of the two typical guy Flyer fans practically going down on eachother in Sports Illustrated.

Now THOSE are real Flyer fans.

Anybody got it to link?

Please, there are bad fans evey where. My 10 year old little brother got a beer thrown on him at game 3. You want to know why? Because he was wearing a Roenick jersey.

I got a beer poured on me for wearing a devils jersey... and i didnt even comment on that.. cause that isnt event he physical i am talking about.. for a 35 yr old man to push a 25 yr old female into a wall who wasnt even aware there was someone behind her is crazy... and when a friend who is a flyers fan gets nervous cause he is going to a game with me... wearing my devils jersey.. and says he is worried about going.. thats sad.. he was wearing flyers gear.. this was a few years ago... and he literally got cold feet before we went and asked if i wanted to just watch on tv... Its not right.. people shouldnt fear going to antoher arena.. and despite everyonet elling me this i still go.. but I constantly hear this only when mentioning flyers... how terrible it is to go and how this fight broke out adn that fight etc... even when its not the devils playing there.!!!

and now they get defensive cause of a broken hand comment!

We have no need to get defensive. We will be fine without him for 1-2 games. We have Kapanen back on defense and Seidenberg ready to go if needed. That's the difference, we have someone to fill in in case of an injury. You didn't when it came to Stevens.

SW you liar...you said you weren't coming back anymore...troll :puke:

As far as 1975, is that supposed to make me feel bad?

It doesn't bother me in the least. We played hockey between then and now and have this to show for it. Add 2003-2004 Atlantic Division Champs in there as well:

Flyers

The only thing the Devils have is a few banners. It doesn't show when they win the Cup, the arena always looks the same. Empty seats either way. It's a shame really. Most of the teams sold out their playoff games except the Devils, surprises no one. Most people are glad that the Devils are out of the playoffs. :uni:

Banners...yeah we have one that you wish you had and have yet to prove...3rd CUP...btw...quality is much better than quantity...attendance comments are supposed to make us feel bad???..Attendance comments shows you have nothing real to discuss...there is a fine line between confidence and cockiness...shows you chose the cocky side.

Edited by StarDew

Heres my stab at the attendance issue...

Which by the way doesnt insult me one bit...

If Philly were to pick up a second hockey team... would the current fans ditch the flyers to become fans of the new team... I dont think so? Cause if they did.. they would be hypocrites in saying they back their team up no matter what.. they say we dont the second our team loses... anyhow..

There are 2 teams within 30 minutes of our arena and one close to our southern border.. when the Devils were established here... many many hockey fans already had teams... I was only born 3 yrs before the devils were established.. so when i started likin hockey.. that was the team.. had i been 15 and already loved hockey i am sure I would have been an Isles or Ranger fan cause they are the teams I would have been able to go support and I prob wouldnt have switched over...

Many players come and go from my team.. but I sitll love my tteam.. and wouldnt start rooting for another team .... why would all the south jersey people who were philly fans or the northern jersey people who were NY fans switch teams when they already have a dedication...

I dunno.. i just find the argument Null and void... 3 teams local to NJ by the time the Devs get started of course we dont have the entire fan base of NJ...

And if those people left being philly and ranger fans to become Devil fans.. then the philly and ranger fans would talk about how our fans arent dedicated cause they will pick up and leave if another team gets established.

I know this doesn't justify it, but I knew the guy in the photo. He used to work at the same place as me, and the guy can push too far sometimes. He probably harassed the holy hell out of the fans, and never could keep his mouth shut.

The guy should have known when to shut up, but the fans also went too far.

If Philly were to pick up a second hockey team... would the current fans ditch the flyers to become fans of the new team...

Isn't Pittsburgh in the same state as us? Yes. Did people switch and cheer for them? No. They stayed with the team.

amazingly i didn't realize how much the flyers hate the devils, since i didn't really hate the Flyers too much. I guess it's hard to hate an opponent you keep beating, the only feelings that arise are ones of pity.

Don't really have a problem with the team, just some of the fans.

Banners...yeah we have one that you wish you had and have yet to prove...3rd CUP...btw...quality is much better than quantity...attendance comments are supposed to make us feel bad???..Attendance comments shows you have nothing real to discuss...there is a fine line between confidence and cockiness...shows you chose the cocky side.

Who knows, we could add #3 this year, ya never know. Does losing five straight to a team you supposedly were better than make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside? I'm very confident. Flyers handle Brodeur so I'm not really afraid of either goalie we may face especially Eddie with 5.05 GAA and .810 Save %.

So, I have confidence in the team based on everything they have gone through and still are on top.

If Philly were to pick up a second hockey team... would the current fans ditch the flyers to become fans of the new team...

Isn't Pittsburgh in the same state as us? Yes. Did people switch and cheer for them? No. They stayed with the team.

Again dearie... I beleive u have 4 arenas closer to u than Pittsburgh.. being in the same state isnt the issue... what im saying is we had 3 others and they added this one to people who already had teams... CLOSE TEAMS... Pittsburgh is fairly far from u I believe.. not under an hour and a half from u - I think DC might even be close ra drive then Pitt.... There is a huge difference.. Im not saying that if they erect an arena in Rhode Island its going to affect the Devils fans..

Im saying they established one that was under 30 mins from 2 and under an hour and a half from you guys.. not everyone in the state is a hockey fan.. u cant expect the poeple who dont like hockey to just beome devils fans... Many of the hockey fans already had a team they backed up...

Seriously... I might as well go talk to my wall... it would understand!

the way these flyers fans act so happy, its almost as if they believe they won the cup already, after beating one team.

This is a big step for them... They have had a difficult time against NJ in playoffs in the most recent years...