Adam Henrique NHL ROTM

njdevil26

Who would have predicted this in the beginning of the season? He was viewed as a typical third-line winger, we've seen for years, coming out of Albany

I had a friend with me at the Devils-Pens game who hasn't seen the Devils this year and he called Parise and Henrique on the PK like "2 Hyenas" out there.

Finally forward with a finishing touch from Albany! I hope it lasts.

As far as the calder goes i think henrique might have the edge even though RNH has more points. he has a better +/- and a better faceoff % on top of that he has 3 game winning goals and 2 short handed goals to RNH 1 and 0, respectively. also henrique has less pim, only 2 so far so i would also mention him for the lady byng.

RNH has 3 assists in the last 8 games, he's slowing down with the Oilers while the Devils are heating up with Adam

but to be honest i'd be SHOCKED if Adam could win the calder over RNH... there's so much hype around that kid that im pretty sure its gonna work in his favor... not that it's fair but it also wasnt fair to give Giguere the Conn Smyth in 2003 when Brodeur had 3 shutouts just in the finals so...

Congratulations, Adam! :)

There's no way that Henrique wins the Calder over Ryan, though. The only way that I see that happening is if Henrique wins the ROM every month from here on out.

RNH is a pop-rockie star of this year

adam?... adam is a late round pick from devils. judgment for him

like logan from sharks lose and skinner from carolina win last year - much better FO PK PP EV GW +/- but skinner is a pop-rockie star

Edited by Guadana

He's only 7 points behind the Nuge with three less games played. He could really run for the Calder.

Yea but he wont get a chance to make up those 3 games unless RNH misses them.

If Adam can close the point gap to be within 2-3 by seasons end and keep pace with his other numbers I think he can steal the calder based on having a decent F/O % (RNH is terribad) and playing better at even and shorthanded strength (RNH is a powerplay point machine). Right now he isn't RoTY but I think he can win it, it's not like 2 Devils haven't won it in the past couple decades. Last year Skinner had 9 more points then Couture, you really need some other great tangibles to be able to make up that difference.

Yea but he wont get a chance to make up those 3 games unless RNH misses them.

If Adam can close the point gap to be within 2-3 by seasons end and keep pace with his other numbers I think he can steal the calder based on having a decent F/O % (RNH is terribad) and playing better at even and shorthanded strength (RNH is a powerplay point machine). Right now he isn't RoTY but I think he can win it, it's not like 2 Devils haven't won it in the past couple decades. Last year Skinner had 9 more points then Couture, you really need some other great tangibles to be able to make up that difference.

right on cue, Henrique has the chance to make up some games.