GDT: Boston Bruins @ NJ Devils

Steven M.

Seriously, just shut your fvcking trap. Not just you, and I'm sorry you had to be the scapegoat for this one, but the whole collective group of butt-hurt fans who act like they're entitled to see the Devils clean the schedule in first place and waltz to a fvcking stanley cup... as if the Devils were doing you some personal injustice by losing this game.

It's a game in January against the best team in the conference and we got our butts handed to us. It happens. But all of these stupid fvcking fans who think that just because we won 3 cups in 9 years almost TWO DECADES ago, we're going to skip our way to the playoffs with a division crown and home ice advantage, need a fvcking reality check. Go look at our fvcking roster, we have talent to COMPETE, but we have a blue-line dominated by kids who are BOUND to have bad games, erratic-at-best stars and a top 6 that changes every fvcking night. Our goalie uses fvcking rogaine, our coach has barely been in place for 6 fvcking months, our superstar goes from Wayne Van Dorp to Wayne Gretzky and back every fvcking night, and our 'sniper' has a daughter that's old enough to sleep with legally... we are not going to dominate like we used to and that's just a simple fact.

Accept it that this team is a playoff contender, accept it that we won't dominate teams with any consistancy, ENJOY the fvcking season because you LOVE the team you root for, or go the hell away.

Love it. Great post bro.

Seriously, just shut your fvcking trap. Not just you, and I'm sorry you had to be the scapegoat for this one, but the whole collective group of butt-hurt fans who act like they're entitled to see the Devils clean the schedule in first place and waltz to a fvcking stanley cup... as if the Devils were doing you some personal injustice by losing this game.

It's a game in January against the best team in the conference and we got our butts handed to us. It happens. But all of these stupid fvcking fans who think that just because we won 3 cups in 9 years almost TWO DECADES ago, we're going to skip our way to the playoffs with a division crown and home ice advantage, need a fvcking reality check. Go look at our fvcking roster, we have talent to COMPETE, but we have a blue-line dominated by kids who are BOUND to have bad games, erratic-at-best stars and a top 6 that changes every fvcking night. Our goalie uses fvcking rogaine, our coach has barely been in place for 6 fvcking months, our superstar goes from Wayne Van Dorp to Wayne Gretzky and back every fvcking night, and our 'sniper' has a daughter that's old enough to sleep with legally... we are not going to dominate like we used to and that's just a simple fact.

Accept it that this team is a playoff contender, accept it that we won't dominate teams with any consistancy, ENJOY the fvcking season because you LOVE the team you root for, or go the hell away.

amen. I feel exactly the same, minus the vulgar language.. We saw a great team play tonight..it was not ours. I can say I our D is young and so on.. but no excuse for our forwards..

It also kinda sucked see Lou's face on the screen and the lost expression. That was not good.

That struck me as a frustrated look, and considering what (if anything) to do now...

There are some moves that could be made immediately for a reasonable price, I'm sure. That being said, the prospects that the Devils have now are all fairly average, and they're getting somewhat thin (comparatively). The fan in me wants to see him go for a deal to get a reasonably priced impact rental player, but I don't have any problem with standing pat either. The team can be better next season, and I still believe we'll make the playoffs (where anything can happen).

This season reminds me of how it was in the late '80s. Good, not great team, very competitive. It can be really fun to be the underdog, you've just gotta embrace it.

Amen brotha :koolaid:

People blame Marty because they don't want to face the fact the entire team's just as spotty, so it's easier to blame the one guy.

And his age makes him an easy target.

You're not understanding what I'm saying. 1 or 2 bad goals tonight obviously mean nothing. But in the grand scheme of things, we can't go anywhere with goalies who reliably let up bad goals on most nights. It may or may not have cost us the game on Monday, but it should never get to that in the first place. Again, every goalie lets in bad goals - it's part of the game. But when your goalies do so consistently, it makes it very hard to get into a rhythm, a winning streak, a playoff appearance, and most of all winning a Stanley Cup. And that's exactly my point - no matter how much this team gets healthy, no matter how much it continues to grasp DeBoer's system, no matter how much better Larsson and the D get, we simply have no chance this year with the current state of our goalies, unless Brodeur suddenly goes back in time a few years and puts up a good run.

It's also hard to win consistently when you have D that make multiple first-grade mistakes every game and forwards that are retarded on the power play and not only fail to score but give up at least one SH breakaway a night.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I think it is time to break up the top line. When Zajac is healthy we have the talent to role 3 very solid lines. If Zajac is healthy enough, I think he needs to be put with Parise or Kovy with Henrique centering the other one. This top line just doesn't work together. Kovy is trying but this line does not suit his game at all and it hurts Parise's on top of that.

This crappy 4th line has to go too. Eric Boulton is truly awful. We'll soon have the talent to role 4 very solid lines. We have had no need all year for 1, let alone 2, goons in the lineup. Every Cam fight has been staged.

Edited by devilsrule33

Wait....who has a daughter of legal age?

LOL

I dont see anyone here calling out Tallywacker (Tallinder).....he friggen sucked tonight (again)

Tallinder was called out earlier in the thread. I'm still not convinced that he did anything wrong. That was a standard pass for a defenseman.

Bad penalty though, but that's what happens when you're team is outplayed.

+1

This guy (ScoreMorethan3) sounds like a troll or that Avery guy with a new username. He just joined recently and has been posting garbage ever since.Should be added to ignore.

Edited by Anhkheg

I think it is time to break up the top line. When Zajac is healthy we have the talent to role 3 very solid lines. If Zajac is healthy enough, I think he needs to be put with Parise or Kovy with Henrique centering the other one. This top line just doesn't work together. Kovy is trying but this line does not suit his game at all and it hurts Parise's on top of that.

This crappy 4th line has to go too. Eric Boulton is truly awful. We'll soon have the talent to role 4 very solid lines. We have had no need all year for 1 let alone 2 goons in the lineup. Every Cam fight has been staged.

I tend to agree, especially about the 4th line. Shuffle the guys around some and create 4 skating lines. The heck with the whole "energy line" thing. They're just terrible.

I thought they they finished off the second period strong, and that was mostly due to a bump from effectively killing off the penalty.

...then both teams went into the locker rooms, and that evaporated (obviously).

you mean this...?

im going to repeat myself here but this was technically another 3rd period meltdown.

Things that frustrated me this game:

2 of our guys were getting beat by 1 of theirs in the corner.

They were quick to intercept passes (thus too many turnovers)

Our fourth line really showed up tonight and killed momentum every shift

DeBoer didnt seem to interested in line matching till later in the period, personally, i think he should've moved Sykora to the fourth line and start shuffling the other combos (he hasn't shuffled lines that much at all, ironically, Lemaire would shuffle every damn minute which was also frustrating at times .... lol)

Our role players have no sense of creativity, its literally the same thing with Clarkson, its a wonder hes been scoring so much.

Anyways, I hope the guys realize that:

-they have to play 60 minutes of aggressive hockey

-Bruins were up 6-1 and trying to score a 7th, we normally pack it in after a 2 goal lead

-DeBoer has to start showing that mean streak a little more, benching players for their lethargic play

As per TG: Kovalchuk: "We’re going to have a meeting tomorrow (before practice), we’ll see what we did wrong and we’ve got to be ready for Friday."

I hope they fight each other fisticuffs and all to light a fire under their asses and point fingers at each other, each player will then have to be accountable for each shift and hold his own or face the anger of his teammates.

Oh please...it's not like they have to face the Bruins every single game. And it depends on what you mean by "going nowhere". No, they're probably not winning a Cup this year, but who was really expecting that? They do have a pretty good shot to get into the playoffs. That's a good thing for guys like Henrique, Larsson, Josefson, Tedenby, etc. A non-elite got blown out by a team that is clearly on top of its game right now. A result like that isn't a total surprise.

It still sucks..and oh just for good measure...

The Bruins will beat us 6-1. You heard it here first. I'm a pretty positive person but I'm also a realist. This team is just so terribly average and predictable right now.

I wish I could brag about me saying they'd win 6-1..but yea, no. I guess the Bruins embarrass every team they play now a days.

What a bad loss man.