GDT: Florida @ New Jersey - 1/6/12

NJCroMag

Tonight, the New Jersey Devils host the Florida Panthers in a crucial matchup that will undoubtedly decide the rest of the season.

A Devils loss and this message board will be up in arms about their impending last-place overall finish and who they will select with the first overall pick in the upcoming draft!

A Devils win and they will win the Stanley Cup...parade routes will be planned, banner raisings will be discussed and it'll take about two seconds before the chances of repeating are debated hotly!

Who will win? Tune in and find out (or just check the scores later - it's a free country, man, so it's up to you!)!

Today's cryptogram:

VRW'X YU ZRLSVX!

ZUM'W YU NQMWORPX!

(XUPPB. ARRVSMY TMSMXNSPRZ WUZQB.)

GDT RECORD: 0-542 (but I'm feeling lucky today).

[Enclosure: Arby's coupons]

This made me laugh. It's probably true :giggle:

No but seriously if the Devils don't want to come back and win a game and prove something to themselves after what happened a few nights ago then I don't know what else they would need in order to fire them up. Florida played a tough game last night so they'll be thinking the same way I'm sure. It should be a good game. It would be great if the out come ended in our favor and we were back in the position of only being 1 pt. out of a 5th seed with a Penguins loss tonight.

Fvck Arby's. I hate that restaurant with a deeply seeded passion.

On the other hand...Let's go Devils!

Yea.

If you chow down at Arby's it's like wearing sweat pants out in public. You have sadly given up on life. :boogie:

These look like our lines for tonight:

Parise-Henrique-Kovy

Zubrus-Elias-Sykora

Sestito-Zalewski-Clarkson

Boulton-Carter-Janssen

Personally, I am not getting my hopes up for tonight. Boulton/Janssen are a complete waste of a roster spot and help steal momentum from our side (I dont know how DeBoer is blind to this). Tedenby is being scratched, I know a lot will say because he makes mistakes, but this damn entire team has not been spectacular in any way. Our defense has been, to put generously, average. I seriously believe Teddy's true potential is with players like Parise and Zajac. Until we can put four scoring lines on the ice, I am not going to get hyped about tonight, it is upsetting afterwards.

Is it weird to say I think Kovalchuck and Tedenby would be good on a line together? I mean neither are really lighting it up this year, especially Tedenby but they seem to have that same raw style of play and could maybe feed off one another. I know that would be weird considering someone would have to either move up or drop down a line but at this point who cares.

As for the bash brothers, Boulton and Janssen. Uh yea, two is too many. Maybe leave Janseen out there some nights and Boulton the others and bring up someone who can actually, maybe, kinda score.

who else watches with a hockey stick in hand

been trying to get through 40 pgs of panthers reaction to DeBoer makes me want a knish hah

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=863986

edit:LGD!

LMAO! I sh!t you not, my friend and I have been watching with wiffleball bats in hand and smack the table and cement floor in my basement. Its our "Devils bat".....mine has dents in it and its all crooked.....I have an African Gray parrot who copies everything as soon as he hears it....he now makes the banging noise of the bat. :D

Edited by Quinn01

who else watches with a hockey stick in hand

been trying to get through 40 pgs of panthers reaction to DeBoer makes me want a knish hah

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=863986

edit:LGD!

Wow. Looks like most were happy to see him leave. I'm not exactly thrilled with him at this point in time.

OK THISSSSSSS SCARES ME WTF!!! 'So we've had a 2 goal lead 6 times, and have only been able to hold it ONCE.'

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3

Wow. Looks like most were happy to see him leave. I'm not exactly thrilled with him at this point in time.

from what i gather all you need is the first two pages to get the message; and the last two pages

i cant say myself i was and then i wasnt hah but seems similar to whats going on

i guess the potential of this team makes me want more, especially since its now or not for a while imo; im not saying they are more than what they are but i appreciate their effort on game night

but by the looks of it deboer dont go changin

Edited by lazer

from what i gather all you need is the first two pages to get the message; and the last two pages

i cant say myself i was and then i wasnt hah but seems similar to whats going on

i guess the potential of this team makes me want more, especially since its now or not for a while imo

but by the looks of it deboer dont go changin

Dude it's scary how similar the season is starting to turn out after reading those posts. Wow. This is not cool at all.

Terrible PP.

Keeps the same personal out there all season no matter what.

Doesn't use time outs correctly.

Shows no emotion.

Terrible defensive play.

and last but not least, constantly unable to hold leads.

Sorry the Devils have a better team then last years Florida team. He should have been able to put together a few more wins than this at this point in the season.

Crap I have a bad feeling in my gut now and it's not because of the Chinese food I just devoured.

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3

Tedy scratched tonight :noclue:

for zalewski

i feel a win here i do, play more than 3 periods j/k...i mean 2 periods play more than 2 periods hah

if anything debo changed from florida it looks like a goon line

here we go devils!

Edited by lazer

LMAO! I sh!t you not, my friend and I have been watching with wiffleball bats in hand and smack the table and cement floor in my basement. Its our "Devils bat".....mine has dents in it and its all crooked.....I have an African Gray parrot who copies everything as soon as he hears it....he now makes the banging noise of the bat. :D

Whoa those parrots are expensive be careful not to hit it by mistake lol

Whoa those parrots are expensive be careful not to hit it by mistake lol

yeah we have three of them. They are actually my moms but when she dies, I guess I get them because they can live up to 80 years. The one she has had longer then me so I guess hes like my big brother? Dude hates me. The African Gray says things like "Blow me jackass." I have taught him the Rangers Suck Whistle. We have to work on the Rangers suck Flyers swallow at the end though but the whistle is spot on. Its hilarious. He also makes farting and burping noises. Its a trip.

Edited by Quinn01