Rock

Parise: Money matters, but Cup chances are key to new deal

162 posts in this topic

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Єklund (2.3% accurate)/Parises-Time-Left-in-NJ-Looks-Short-Yotes-grab-Gilbert-Brule-off-waivers/1/41200

Єklund (2.3% accurate)

This comes amidst plenty of talk that Parise isn't thrilled with the current situation in NJ and hasn't been for some time. "Zach wants more playing time and to be the go to guy," a source said, "That has't happened since Kovalchuk arrived."

And there it is. Did I not call it earlier in the thread?

Well. That's not EXACTLY what I wanted to hear. If that's the case we are probably in trouble.

But has been the selling point of NJ for years... we're in it to win it, every year.

Take that away... to an outsider / non Devils fan, we're a team in the shadows of NYC with a small fanbase with questionable finances (not that it would effect his deal being paid out, but would defintely effect future signings or lackof)

the thing is he never said that he want the cup next season... i think if he sees that we have a bright future (which i think we do) that he'd like to stick around and really participate to something...

to me to win a cup like elias and the other guys did... they sticked with the team and won it... you have to feel way more accomplished if you worked hard for a few years and win it than just to with the easy way just going for the cup like Hossa did... i can understand the selfishness of it but to me its dirty and its taking away the pride of it as a team... i dont know, i think Zach is loyal and that he'd really like to be a part of the history of the franchise by winning it rather than just leave

I'd like to think so too but that quote is just scary. Seriously if he keeps saying things like this I think the Devils should just trade him while his value is still up there.

And there it is. Did I not call it earlier in the thread?

It's almost pretty easy to tell that when Parise is on the bench next to Kovalchuck he's like "Aw man, this guy is a tool." I seriously feel like Kovalchuck wants to try to adapt to Parise's style of play, but he's just trying too hard. Things have been better the last 16 games or so but the big picture is Parise being unhappy with Kovalchuck overall IMO. Which sucks because he should just play the game and not worry about it. That's what leaders do they make it work no matter what the situation is.

It's almost pretty easy to tell that when Parise is on the bench next to Kovalchuck he's like "Aw man, this guy is a tool." I seriously feel like Kovalchuck wants to try to adapt to Parise's style of play, but he's just trying too hard. Things have been better the last 16 games or so but the big picture is Parise being unhappy with Kovalchuck overall IMO. Which sucks because he should just play the game and not worry about it. That's what leaders do they make it work no matter what the situation is.

I have no idea why you think that. They're doing just fine together right now, and I've never gotten the idea that there's any friction there. People see what they wanna see I guess.

It all comes down to what you can get for him. If you can get a Bouwmeester + then you really have to think about it.

don't listen to ANYTHING Єklund (2.3% accurate) says... his "sources" are usually total garbage and lead to nothing, so take them with an entire mountain of salt...

yeah it would SUCK horribly if he left, and we as a fanbase would murder things...

the article doesn't really say anything we don't already know.. he wants to get paid but also win a cup.. so do the other 690 NHL players... whats so bad about that...

Easy to tell? you're reading into something that isnt there... i've never thought that while watching ANYONE on the bench.. they all seem focused and ready for the next shift.

Neither one of these guys are selfish, egomaniacal players (as Colin sarcastically stated in an earlier post, which i applaud by the way) and they will do what the team has them do...

The speculation is one thing, but people "knowing" his thoughts is pure garbage

IMO if he isnt signed before the trade deadline then you trade him. Imagine if we lose parise for nothing, that would be devastating. Trade him for a stud on D and or a young goalie.

Our offense is still deep without Zach...

Kovalchuk Zajac Henrique

Sykora Elias Zubrus

Tedenby Josefson Clarkson

Palmieri Carter Boutlon

The idea of Lindback and Weber or Suter on this team would be great.

Edited by Zubie#8

If we don't win at least one playoff round, chances are Parise will be partially to blame for it, just as he has been every other year we've underachieved in the playoffs. Zach hasn't exactly lit the world on fire in the postseasons he's been in, so maybe he should look in the fvcking mirror, eh?

Bang on.

If we don't win at least one playoff round, chances are Parise will be partially to blame for it, just as he has been every other year we've underachieved in the playoffs. Zach hasn't exactly lit the world on fire in the postseasons he's been in, so maybe he should look in the fvcking mirror, eh?

he's a PPG guy in the playoffs other than his rookie year. he's been the least of the problems. the biggest problems in the playoffs have been brodeur and luck.

C'mon SMT3, you're reading way too much into this, lol complete speculation! sure theres a gap, but that gap is due to a soft spoken russian vs a golden spoon NHL baby. any frustration your reading is chemistry, and that can be remedied by a health travis

his value at the deadline would be pretty slim - there's no "stud dman" coming for 2 months of parise.

exactly, even before that the scenario would have to be perfect. too many factors would have to align. its not realistic

We don't need Parise that money should be spent on defense.

lets not get spoiled yet! removing his scoring would but a serious dent in our offense

he's a PPG guy in the playoffs other than his rookie year. he's been the least of the problems. the biggest problems in the playoffs have been brodeur and luck.

Zach had one good playoffs, mostly against a bad Tampa team when he was a secondary guy but hasn't done as well since he's become the main scorer.

Good luck with that, I have to parrot a Tri comment in that there are about seven guys worth spending real big money on and they don't generally become available.

Tom Gulitti - Zach Parise: “I’ve said before, I’ve always liked to play in New Jersey. I want to stay here and nothing has changed.”

hes said this before, and hell say it again.. if hes lying or is saying that for this season.. we won't know until the signature

ok lets focus on this and ignore the negative things

Per TGL

Zach Parise: “I’ve said before, I’ve always liked to play in New Jersey. I want to stay here and nothing has changed.”

I wonder how much effort players like Brodeur, Elias and Kovalchuk put in to try and convince a guy like Parise to stay.

It's almost pretty easy to tell that when Parise is on the bench next to Kovalchuck he's like "Aw man, this guy is a tool."

Sorry man but this is Єklund (2.3% accurate)-level "make up bullsh!t to fit my agenda/idea/view".

Meh, I wouldn't call him the least of the problems. He's a scorer and his scoring hasn't been there when NJ has needed it. I'd give his playoff performances a B- or so.

If you like being depressed, here's something to check out:

http://www.hockey-reference.com/play-index/ppl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=combined&year_min=2007&year_max=2011&age_min=0&age_max=99&birth_country=&franch_id=NJD&is_active=&is_hof=&pos=F&handed=&c1stat=games_played&c1comp=gt&c1val=1&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=points

C'mon SMT3, you're reading way too much into this, lol complete speculation! sure theres a gap, but that gap is due to a soft spoken russian vs a golden spoon NHL baby. any frustration your reading is chemistry, and that can be remedied by a health travis

True. I'm only basing it off once or twice they've been on camera on the bench together haha. But I'm telling you man I remember one time during a time out it looked like Kovy was trying to talk to him about something and Parise just seemed like really annoyed lol

I have no idea why you think that. They're doing just fine together right now, and I've never gotten the idea that there's any friction there. People see what they wanna see I guess.

Just a few instances I noticed on the bench.

Parise is one of a kind player but yea I agree, if he doesn't want to be here let's trade him and get 2 solid D men. Defense wins championships!

True. I'm only basing it off once or twice they've been on camera on the bench together haha. But I'm telling you man I remember one time during a time out it looked like Kovy was trying to talk to him about something and Parise just seemed like really annoyed lol

Perhaps Zach had just missed a scoring chance and was pissed and Kovy was trying to encourage him? You can't tell anything by a snippet, other than creating a narrative you want (or fear).