Triumph

Ponikarovsky to NJ

167 posts in this topic

I like the trade, just so I can say his name all day (hopefully with respect and not hate). We can only hope this shores up a third or fourth line for us. The Devils won't get far in the playoffs (or regular season) if only two lines can carry them.

Anyone know if he at least made it to NJ?

He was apparently just given #12

I like this trade, a solid move for very little. And for the record, i also like Big Macs, Coke, and Jennifer Anniston :)

FYI, from Devils assign winger Mattias Tedenby to Albany (AHL):

The Hurricanes save $632,432, the remaining value on his contract, by dealing him to the Devils.

lol:

You can't spell "Plan The Parade" without "Ponikarovsky"! #WTFLou

I hate the criticism that players don't 'use their size' if they're not out there playing like Cam Janssen. Zubrus doesn't really hit people anymore, but he's able to outwork them down low, and that's Ponikarovsky's game.

how can we take on more salary when this team is broke !!!

...because they're not?

Like TG mentioned last night, this is the second trade this season where the Devil's added payroll.

Anyway, the Post is so weird. (N)Đ„verson comes up with Lou quotes that nobody else has, along with the seemingly obligatory Post style snark: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/devils/devils_swing_big_deal_y9pIPA73zmodhv5oSc26qM?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=

Also, just in via twitter, TG and Chere are saying that Poni made it here and is likely today.

I hate the criticism that players don't 'use their size' if they're not out there playing like Cam Janssen. Zubrus doesn't really hit people anymore, but he's able to outwork them down low, and that's Ponikarovsky's game.

as they get older they probably play a little smarter and a little less physical, because it's a long season, but come playoff time they bring up the physicality a notch.

DeBoer says that Poni is playing today.

Looks like you were right Triumph

3rd: Poni-Josefson-Clarkson

4th: Boulton-Carter-Mills

Zalewski is gonna be scratched.

palmieri doesnt use an ounce of his size or he takes 2

can we try teddy with poni and lewski

i like this, adds to that aggressive system

3rd line - mission accomplished. it's ponikarovski-zajac-clarkson leaving XXX-josefson-XXX for the 4th line. i'm not convinced anyone we have is right for those X's but we'll see.

You know, Boulton isn't that bad. He's not good either, but he can at least play hockey.

...because they're not?

Like TG mentioned last night, this is the second trade this season where the Devil's added payroll.

Anyway, the Post is so weird. (N)Đ„verson comes up with Lou quotes that nobody else has, along with the seemingly obligatory Post style snark: http://www.nypost.co...C-rss&FEEDNAME=

Also, just in via twitter, TG and Chere are saying that Poni made it here and is likely today.

Man that article is awful! And you're absolutely correct, where does he get those quotes that nobody else has? How do people make money by fabricating BS?

Man that article is awful! And you're absolutely correct, where does he get those quotes that nobody else has? How do people make money by fabricating BS?

The NY Post makes all of it's money with Page Six, so... :noclue: