Trade Rumors and minor team trades.

SS-SS

After two years now you guys are finally getting the hint in regards to my avatar? Lol I chose it when I was a lot more negative about the franchise. I still kinda am about a number of things but softened a little bit.

Btw one of my favorite things from this forums is when some members who have met me in person or seen me and said they pictured me as him. I think PK was one of them. I never claimed I look like randy quaid lol.

I don't hate everything about the Devils. I do hate the fact that Lou signs a guy every year at the deadline that doesn't do anything. I also hate that Marty is playing a ton of games going late into the season. I hate the fact that this late season is looking like 08-09, 09-10 where we hit a scoring slump and stumble into the post season.

So who thinks the devils will make a move before deadline? Or do we think zidlicky will be the only new player to join the team?

Id say its coinflip, but I lean no. Id not be surprised if a move is made, but Im not expecting one. I just dont want to see a move for a move's sake.

Id love to see us make a move for Dustin Brown, but obviously that's not going to happen.

That's the character that hates EVERYTHING about the Indians

In a way though, you could understand his frustration...he's the guy who went into season after season hoping for the best for his Indians, and kept seeing his team fall short...usually far short, since the character was clearly a longtime Indians fan.

Carpathian just bitches and bitches and bitches and when he's done, bitches some more...never happy about anything the Devils do. Teams lose two friggin' games in row sometimes Carpathian! They were 9-1-1 since the break...they were due to lose a couple. But I guess those two losses somehow override the 11 games that came before them.

Anyway, with some injured players coming back, if Lou is done, I'm fine with that.

Id say its coinflip, but I lean no. Id not be surprised if a move is made, but Im not expecting one. I just dont want to see a move for a move's sake.

Id love to see us make a move for Dustin Brown, but obviously that's not going to happen.

This is how I see some improvements we can make on offense:

Parise-Henrique-Kovy

Sykora-Elias-Zubrus

Poni-???-Bernier

???-Josefson-Clarkson

Extras: Carter, Janssen, Boulton

Zajac is injured, when he comes back, we can worry about it then, for now assume he is not coming back.

I think Lou can definitely try and make a couple of more moves prior to the deadline which can help this team here.

1. A legitimate third line center of Zubrus' caliber

2. A third line LWer for the fourth line, someone who can score, skate, grind and maintain pressure.

This makes us four lines deep, like the Canucks.

WRT to D, we have gotten rid of Fraser and Foster, so far Zidlickey made a couple of nice long passes so I think good pick up (again Foster played well the first couple and didnt stand out as much).

Salvador-Volchenkov

Greene-Larsson

Fayne-Zidlicky

Extras: Tallinder, Tao

On D, Lou can go BANG and get a #1 Defenseman (something we sorely lack, but know it wont happen).

Most likely, a depth Defenseman, a BIG stay at home guy.

Edited by Anhkheg

I don't think we can bank on Zajac as being a huge add up to our roster. He will be very rusty since he didn't play all season long and it will take a long time for him to come back at the level we are imagining when we say he will be a great add up. So I'm not really happy with our second line to be honest. I don't think Sykora can play the way he is playing right now with consistency. He just started playing great after a long span where he wasn't really performing like he did in the beginning of the season.

I certainly would like to see Lou making a move that would make us not rely on Sykora on the 2nd line (I don't like that), but we are a little bit tied up with the cap problems that we would get if we were to pick a player that is not a rental.

At this point I think Lou will be waiting for the phone to ring and if he gets an offer that he likes and that doesn't break the team skeleton too much then maybe he will move.

Edited by SS-SS

I dont see us making a defensive move. There's no way we're getting an impact defenseman out of this deadline and I dont see us getting a depth guy when we have a bunch of those.

Id not mind seeing Lou make a run at Gaustad depending on the price espc since Zajac is such an unknown.

I dont see us making a defensive move. There's no way we're getting an impact defenseman out of this deadline and I dont see us getting a depth guy when we have a bunch of those.

Id not mind seeing Lou make a run at Gaustad depending on the price espc since Zajac is such an unknown.

Not sure if serious.

Not sure if serious.

Whats not serious? The defense? I dont see us making another defensive move when players cost so much and someone in the third pairing for another team is probably not going to help us. Gaustad? A 6'5 center for depth thats good on draws, plays physically, and is a pending UFA. Zajac may not be able to do it to his normal level once hes back.

At this point, whatever move Lou makes will be minor. Could be a mini Zubrus Center or a mini Poni LW for max, a late pick and low prospect/ahler. He'll also most likely unload Janssen/Boulton/Mills/Carter in the process. Many things can happen tomorrow, agreed we dont see Lou making any kind of a splash.