Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HockeyPilot18

Did Gomez Score last night!?!?!?

42 posts in this topic

I hope Gomer doesn't score against us, that will mess everything up.

That would absolutely blow. It would also be typical that he would score his first goal in almost a calendar year against the Devils.

he'll score tomorrow and it'll be a slap in the face to us

Next thing you know the NHL will make one of those "History will be made" commercials if Gomez scores tomorrow night.

This is great. But yeah, I could see him scoring against us. Just how it goes.

It really is amazing how quickly his career came crashing to a halt after he left NJ. So much for him being a 30+ goal, 90-100 point scorer being held back by the NJ system. He might as well bring a gun into the GM's office when he collects his paycheck every week, because he is literally robbing Montreal blind with that joke of a contract.

WTF was Montreal thinking trading for him? That move is one of the biggest reasons the Rangers are where they are today.

I usually felt bad for him. A high school graduate(did he graduate?) who just wanted more money and lime light and just didn't have the smarts to have a plan.

I think Egomez should retire and save the Habs financially.

Yeah because the Habs are in such a dire financial situation. Also you know the Habs haven't won enough Cups in their long suffering history so let's feel sorry for them. They made their bed... let's laugh at them

Edited by roomtemp

It really is amazing how quickly his career came crashing to a halt after he left NJ. So much for him being a 30+ goal, 90-100 point scorer being held back by the NJ system. He might as well bring a gun into the GM's office when he collects his paycheck every week, because he is literally robbing Montreal blind with that joke of a contract.

WTF was Montreal thinking trading for him? That move is one of the biggest reasons the Rangers are where they are today.

He left for the wrong reasons.

I knew the team would be fine... and I knew he'd just stall.

Because he chose to start on a quest without knowing what he was looking for. He was deeply dissatisfied and didn't know why. He will always look appealing because he will send a positive message - actively seeking is usually a good thing. and a team wants to be the answer. It's not unlike spouse hunting.

I think what Scott needs to understand is things do not fall into place until you know what you want. You can't be so scared to make the wrong choice that you make no choice. He didn't choose his Devils departure - he fell into the Rangers lap and fell into Montreal.

You can think you're choosing when you decide to leave one place -- but you need to choose the destination - not let the destination choose you.

Gomez - one step at a time.

Choose hockey. Honestly choose hockey and the rest will just fall into place. Making a choice COMMITTING to a choice will bring clarity.

I usually felt bad for him. A high school graduate(did he graduate?) who just wanted more money and lime light and just didn't have the smarts to have a plan.

Funny, this is how I've felt about him ever since I heard him interviewed shortly after he signed with the Rangers. As diplomatically as I can put it, he came off as not terribly bright, and easily manipulated. I think it was very easy for Glen Sather to sell him on the "The Devils don't know how to use you, you come here you'll put up 100 points, no problem" mantra. Of course, it wasn't like Sather ever had any real plan in mind to make that a reality...pay Gomez lots of money and give him a blue jersey, and BAM! Instant superstar. It was pretty funny to see the Ranger fans buying into that as well...so many "Gomez will put up 100 points in his sleep here" posts when he first signed there.

I'm not sure how deeply Gomez cares about where his hockey career has gone, as he has million$ of reasons not to, but I wonder if he ever looks at his post-Devils hockey career and thinks to himself, "What the fvck happened?!" It's not like it's been ALL bad...he did put up 70 points in his first season on the Rangers, and enjoyed a deep playoff run a couple of seasons ago with the Canadiens...but to see where he is now...and not even really that old...yikes...

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Money isn't anything. You need real desire to have it worthwhile. Gomez doesn't have shifting priorities as far as I can tell. There is nothing to fill the void -- just a big dank void with only his youth, only his hockey. There is something to be said for personal history but without a future it becomes a kind of albatross.

He needs a serious self-affirming hobby and to find committed relationships beyond his immediate family. He doesn't strike me as self-destructive....

he's just sort of maybe a day dreamer. Is he stupid or just unsophisticated? I get the feeling he just doesn't know how to move forward. I hope he's embracing his Tao -- isn't that just floating down the river of life aimless but with a sort of surrender to the forces at large? If he is then that money will be put to decent use. It's not a life of action but a life of observation and that;s cool I guess...

BTSOM -- NDIGAF :evil:

Edited by Pepperkorn

If anything maybe Gomez doesn't have the ability to prevent the pressure of the contract and one bad year from snowballing into what it has become right now