Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
devilsrule33

Sam Gagner ties Gretzky and Coffey

17 posts in this topic

thats awesome

okay, they didn't have to give him all 3 stars. Frickin' Canadian media is so corny.

Edited by ben00rs
1 person likes this

Congrats to him! He's been one of my favorite non-Devils for quite some time, what an accomplishment!

By the way he becomes the first person to accomplish the milestone since Mario Lemieux had 8 points against the Devils in 1988. That was the game he scored 5 goals in 5 different ways.

By the way he becomes the first person to accomplish the milestone since Mario Lemieux had 8 points against the Devils in 1988. That was the game he scored 5 goals in 5 different ways.

The funny thing about that game is that the Devils were in it right until the end...they were trailing 7-6 and were pressuring big time with their goalie pulled, but then Mario got his empty netter to ice it.

I was at that game in Pitt, on new years eve with a bunch of friends. I still swear the empty net goal was after the buzzer, but conveniently there's never any video of that last goal.

By the way, last night's 8 point game has better memories for Devil fans, see the link:

http://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/198804220NJD.html

That was unforgettable.

Mark Johnson got 4 goals and still not good enough for the 1st star Patrik's 8 pts.

That night I sat next to Chris Russo, before he was Maddog. He had a sports talk show on WMCA & must've gotten free tickets. Not surprisingly he tried to talk basketball with me, of which I know or care very little.

I thought he was nuts, this was a 10 goal playoff game with tons of fights and hockey didn't faze him then either.

wowww that is just awesome... and he is in good company with that record damn

Finally, proof that goal was late. I've looked in the past, but I think after this Gagner game they put it on nhl.com

After clicking the link & the commercial, click on the side link 5 goals 5 diff. ways.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=35&id=154837

Then go to the end & freeze the video clock at 1:13 & see the green light on behind the net & start the 'wave off' signal.

F'n NHL. Kissed Mario's a__ . The NHL had to see that video & still allowed it to stand.

Holy Sh!t, Gagner has 2G & 1A in the first period tonight vs. wings, so that's 11 straight team goals he has a point on. Just amazing!

I just can't believe that this kid had 22 points on the season thursday morning and by saturday night had 33.

Edited by ben00rs