Hunter Mini Cups

Jimmy Leeds

I own all 3 actually.. They are easily to coolest bookshelf Devils item you can own.. I got them to put in my eventual fan cave.. Funny how these used to only be available in the Devils Den and not online, but now Devils Den doesn't carry them and you can only buy online

They're solidly built.. Pretty heavy too for their size.. They have a felt bottom so as not to scratch any surface they're on.. Only issue I have is that they don't seem to spend a lot of time making the plaques on the front centered properly so it will bug you if you are a perfectionist.. This is only visible from like 3 feet and closer though.. They add a good amount of detail to make them really resemble the actual Cup (no, they don't have tiny names on it, but otherwise it's pretty close to the real deal)

I'd say they are definitely worth it.. They look just like real Stanley Cups and they commemorate our championships nicely.. They are definitely an eye-catcher piece in my collection

I own all 3 actually.. They are easily to coolest bookshelf Devils item you can own.. I got them to put in my eventual fan cave.. Funny how these used to only be available in the Devils Den and not online, but now Devils Den doesn't carry them and you can only buy online

They're solidly built.. Pretty heavy too for their size.. They have a felt bottom so as not to scratch any surface they're on.. Only issue I have is that they don't seem to spend a lot of time making the plaques on the front centered properly so it will bug you if you are a perfectionist.. This is only visible from like 3 feet and closer though.. They add a good amount of detail to make them really resemble the actual Cup (no, they don't have tiny names on it, but otherwise it's pretty close to the real deal)

I'd say they are definitely worth it.. They look just like real Stanley Cups and they commemorate our championships nicely.. They are definitely an eye-catcher piece in my collection

I have the 2003 cup and you are spot on about the plaque not being centered on it. Mine thankfully is pretty good centered, but I have seen others where it is not close.

I still see the 2000 one here and there and haven't seen the 95 one in some time, but I do see both online on ebay.

Also the retail price of $50-60 is ridiculous since it is just a heavy paperweight.

Another cool desktop/bookshelf item (though not Devils-specific) is the Canadian McDonalds trophy collection. I bought these on ebay a long time ago (I think this was sold in 2003 or 2004) and they were only available in McDonalds in Canada where you can get them for 2.99 each with the purchase of a meal. The complete collection consists of the Stanley Cup, Vezina, Hart, Art Ross, Conn Smythe and the Norris trophies. I have the whole set on my shelf at my desk at work and people always mention them. The only problem is that people on ebay usually ask ridiculous prices for these on ebay now too.

mcdonalds-2003-nhl-trophy-set-with-stand_5575987.jpg

I have the 2003 cup and you are spot on about the plaque not being centered on it. Mine thankfully is pretty good centered, but I have seen others where it is not close.

I still see the 2000 one here and there and haven't seen the 95 one in some time, but I do see both online on ebay.

Also the retail price of $50-60 is ridiculous since it is just a heavy paperweight.

Another cool desktop/bookshelf item (though not Devils-specific) is the Canadian McDonalds trophy collection. I bought these on ebay a long time ago (I think this was sold in 2003 or 2004) and they were only available in McDonalds in Canada where you can get them for 2.99 each with the purchase of a meal. The complete collection consists of the Stanley Cup, Vezina, Hart, Art Ross, Conn Smythe and the Norris trophies. I have the whole set on my shelf at my desk at work and people always mention them. The only problem is that people on ebay usually ask ridiculous prices for these on ebay now too.

Those are sweet!! Can't believe they cost so little originally

Those are sweet!! Can't believe they cost so little originally

Now on ebay each goes for around $15-20 bucks and whole sets go for about $100.

They also did mini-sticks too in McDonald's Canada. These are not the sh!tty plastic ones we get at the Devils Den or as SGA, but very accurate replica's in a nice case. Here is the best picture I can find of the one they did for Brodeur.

425340801_tp.jpg

Edited by DevsMan84

They also did mini-sticks too in McDonald's Canada. These are not the sh!tty plastic ones we get at the Devils Den or as SGA, but very accurate replica's in a nice case. Here is the best picture I can find of the one they did for Brodeur.

425340801_tp.jpg

These were my favorite, I bought the whole set on ebay a few years ago.

425340801_tp.jpg

I've actually got that one as well. I think Annabelle was kind enough to pick one up for me.

I've got a mini Cup as well, but it's plastic and has the three Cups logo on it. I got it from the fan club, I believe, at an event I was working with them at Alstede Farms a few years ago. It's not bad for what I paid for it (which was something like 7 bucks).

I've actually got that one as well. I think Annabelle was kind enough to pick one up for me.

I've got a mini Cup as well, but it's plastic and has the three Cups logo on it. I got it from the fan club, I believe, at an event I was working with them at Alstede Farms a few years ago. It's not bad for what I paid for it (which was something like 7 bucks).

Sweet. It is pretty amazing how much quality Devils stuff was made that was not available through the team or even in this country.

wowww that is siiick. i wish it was still the same price

wowww that is siiick. i wish it was still the same price

Yeah they are pretty high for what they are. I think individually they are usually around $15 on eBay while for the whole set I have seen them go for anywhere between $50 to $125. It is a cool set and I have them on my work desk and people always admire them. I think someone is playing with them at my office since I sometimes see they are out of place lol. Also not sure if it shows but they range from about 3.5 to 5 inches in height.

Also the hockey hall of fame store in Toronto and on their website they sell other mini trophies too. These are made out of a plastic and metal hybrid unlike the McDonald's which are made out of good plastic that is weighted in their bases. I got the Richard trophy from the hof and I know they have the Calder too which I want to get, but other than that not much else. The richard trophy I got from there is about 4 inches in height.

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like they changed the shape of those Hunter Stanley Cups recently to look more like the real Cup. I was never interested in these before because I didn't like the shape, but now I really like the way the new ones look so I'll probably get them at some point.

New shape: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hunter-New-Jersey-Devils-2003-Stanley-Cup-Champions-Mini-Stanley-Cup-Trophy-/260949862962?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3cc1d2ea32

Old shape (like Demonic's): http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hunter-New-Jersey-Devils-2000-Stanley-Cup-Replica-/260959432549?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3cc264ef65

Edited by JWomp

It looks like they changed the shape of those Hunter Stanley Cups recently to look more like the real Cup. I was never interested in these before because I didn't like the shape, but now I really like the way the new ones look so I'll probably get them at some point.

New shape: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hunter-New-Jersey-Devils-2003-Stanley-Cup-Champions-Mini-Stanley-Cup-Trophy-/260949862962?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3cc1d2ea32

Old shape (like Demonic's):http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hunter-New-Jersey-Devils-2000-Stanley-Cup-Replica-/260959432549?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3cc264ef65

I want to say it is the other way around as to which is the older style as which is the new one but I could be wrong.

I have the style that looks more realistic. The other ones look like cheap Chinatown knockoffs.

Yeah they are pretty high for what they are. I think individually they are usually around $15 on eBay while for the whole set I have seen them go for anywhere between $50 to $125. It is a cool set and I have them on my work desk and people always admire them. I think someone is playing with them at my office since I sometimes see they are out of place lol. Also not sure if it shows but they range from about 3.5 to 5 inches in height.

Also the hockey hall of fame store in Toronto and on their website they sell other mini trophies too. These are made out of a plastic and metal hybrid unlike the McDonald's which are made out of good plastic that is weighted in their bases. I got the Richard trophy from the hof and I know they have the Calder too which I want to get, but other than that not much else. The richard trophy I got from there is about 4 inches in height.

The sizes are different because they are to scale. A set of these went for $250+ at the gameday auction a few months back. It was in a nice shadowbox but I couldn't believe that they went for 10x the original price. I got a set for my brother when they were first sold and got myself a Hart/Vezina/Conn Smythe.

The sizes are different because they are to scale. A set of these went for $250+ at the gameday auction a few months back. It was in a nice shadowbox but I couldn't believe that they went for 10x the original price. I got a set for my brother when they were first sold and got myself a Hart/Vezina/Conn Smythe.

The mini individual awards are to scale with each other, but not to the Stanley Cup that was part of the set. Otherwise the Hart trophy is 3/4 the size of the Stanley Cup lol.

Yeah I do not have the display case/stand that was avaialable for these back when they were first sold. Just the stand sells for like $30-60 online and I didnt want to pay for that so I just got the trophies. Got it for well under $100 for the whole set so I was happy with that.

The mini individual awards are to scale with each other, but not to the Stanley Cup that was part of the set. Otherwise the Hart trophy is 3/4 the size of the Stanley Cup lol.

Yeah I do not have the display case/stand that was avaialable for these back when they were first sold. Just the stand sells for like $30-60 online and I didnt want to pay for that so I just got the trophies. Got it for well under $100 for the whole set so I was happy with that.

The scale is pretty accurate:

53120912.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921F7C3FC3F69D929FD79614F681818451CE3AE30C922B512398B883AC7FCF8B1B34E9C89C783688B46

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.