My Scott Stevens thread

Pepperkorn

• 3 months later...

I… I wanna bitch about - and praise my new fitbit.  First off yeah- I’m one of those ahole addicts. And yeah if you pass by my house you will indeed see me see aerobicizing at 11:30 pm getting in my 15k. (I’m a fatass so not bragging here. WTF?  My metabolism is at its most efficient. I could survive easily on 800 effing kcals an effing F F F Fing F day!!!   Infuriating … 

ANYHOW … I have the inspire because  I’m cheap. And it’s great for my health metrics. My old charge 3 said my HRV was like 35. I thought I was a goner at 72 for sure at that rate. Anyhow. Now it’s a respectable 40-60. As if you can even trust that shiz really.  It’s like astrology on a fitbit. 
So it’s the “readiness” calculation drive me nuts.  If I walk 10k steps they’ll say thes extremely active.  Wth is THAT? I burn a truly measly 2100kcal I a day I get this nonsensical message “ oh dear!  You over did it. You better take it easy and watch some fvckin’ meditation videos to control you stress and don’t work out today take a nap. Read a book.  AHHhH)&/“(07/?&@:

just call me a lazy fatass even.  Ahh!  SO annoying.  My own mother called me porky OK?  I don’t need my fucin fitness expert tell me to chill …. 

fck.  This aging thing SO fing blows.  

• 1 month later...

Know what you mean about fitbit. I have a Charge 5 and realized that the "pro" connection was just there to nag me about how active I was, wanted to know about my sleep habits and suggest meals. As if the 675 cookbooks my wife has are not enough already. 

And really, what are they doing with all that information?  Who are they selling it to?

I'm happy to get enough exercise doing yardwork to keep my back from getting stiff. And let Google F-off. I let the " free" six months expire. 

Mostly I check it once or twice a week to see if my a-fib has come back. 

If you want to take control of your physical and mental wellbeing dont subcontract it to a Google bot... And HAVE A LIFE! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

BILL

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

Weird Stevens dream. I don’t remember details. We met up and had to catch up on a bunch of errands. I thought I was doing them alone but the Scott showed up and said of course he wouldn’t let me go it alone   We were kind of traveling all over the world trying to get everything done in one night.  It was interesting and fun and I felt like we were accomplishing a lot.   So… hmm. That was that.  

just got over COVID. My mother brought it to us!!!!  She was mortified she was the carrier!  It’s been a weird 2024 so far. Going to a funeral today.  My baby turned 21!!  Life is good. Marching on…

On 2/21/2024 at 12:18 PM, Pepperkorn said:

Weird Stevens dream. I don’t remember details. We met up and had to catch up on a bunch of errands. I thought I was doing them alone but the Scott showed up and said of course he wouldn’t let me go it alone   We were kind of traveling all over the world trying to get everything done in one night.  It was interesting and fun and I felt like we were accomplishing a lot.   So… hmm. That was that.  

just got over COVID. My mother brought it to us!!!!  She was mortified she was the carrier!  It’s been a weird 2024 so far. Going to a funeral today.  My baby turned 21!!  Life is good. Marching on…

Scott is your inner self telling you to ask for help.

• EvilHeart 1

18 - a good quatranos. I invented a word there 

and about dreams - my mom and I were talking and she’s always afraid she’s going to fall out of bed  she hasn’t but it’s a fear  then she said “You’re dad fell out of bed  I’ll never forget that … but he was just catching a pass and didn’t even get hurt so   It was nothing”

Yes, we all talk this way in my house  that means he dreamt he was running for a pass and apparently lept out of bed for it…   

Edited by Pepperkorn