JRZYRIPPER

Marek zidlicky traded to Devils.

433 posts in this topic

Foster, Veilleux, Palmieri and Washington's 2012 2nd round pick for Marek Zidlicky.

Per MSG telecast and numerous sources. URL pending!

This needed it's own thread.

Zidlicky

Relative CORSI - 9.0

Relative QOC - -0.031

Relative QOT - 0.489

PDO - 993

SF ON/60 - 26.4 SA ON/60 - 26.2

SF OFF/60 - 24.7 SA OFF/60 - 29.2

ozone start - 54.6

-.5 Penalty +-

He is a large upgrade when healthy over Foster. He has excellent passing ability along with a shot. I have an odd feeling Lemaire encouraged this move. Playing for Yeo has been hard on him, it seems his coaching plan is to allow a sh!tton of shots and hope to score on a high % of you own.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

So, who updated his Wiki page ???

On February 15, 2012, Zidlicky was traded to the New Jersey Devils for a second round pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.

Zidlicky waives no-trade clause to go to New Jersey, no deal done yet

Posted by: Michael Russo February 15, 2012 - 6:40 AM Central

No deal has been completed yet, but GM Chuck Fletcher and Devils GM Lou Lamoriello are working on it. No word yet on the Wild may be getting back.

Zidlicky has one more year left on his contract at $4 million.

New Jersey appears to be that team. I have heard NJ has been interested in Zidlicky for some point, but one thing that could hold it back was Kurtis Foster, a right-shot defenseman, playing in that role. But it appears a trade is close.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/139349703.html

What? no sutter or weber?!?! hopefully foster is part of the deal how much of the 1.8 mil do we eat?

Edited by EdgeControl

Youtube videos about him... So many of them are about him being crushed by a hit ; )

He is a large upgrade when healthy over Foster. He has excellent passing ability along with a shot. I have an odd feeling Lemaire encouraged this move.

That's not odd at all...I don't know about encouraged but I'm sure Lou asked him his opinion of the player while working on the deal and he gave a thumbs up.

signed for next year @ $4MM - that's the most puzzling. devils, you'd think, would be looking to open up a spot or two for competition and graduation next year. salvador's departure only left one opening. if zidlicky is in the fold, next year is already set:

larsson

talinder

volchenkov

greene

fayne

zidlicky

this leaves taormina, urbom and anyone else on the outside looking in.

He didn't have a great season points wise last year or this year but he did post 40+ in 09-10

I think he is what the devils really need...if healthy than he is very good puck moving defender. no so good in defense but definitely upgrade over Foster.

Well he was hurt last year, missed over half the season so he would have had another 40+ then too. This year, he hasn't been good but it could be the system, or he could just be washed up like Kaberle.

And yeah sundstrom, I do wonder why we're tying ourseleves to Zidlicky for next year when we have a couple of options almost ready. Plus with the way he's played this year I wouldn't have been shocked at a short-term deal for Salvador but now it isn't feasible.

Not exactly a seller's market for PMD's though, the only guy better than Zidlicky realistically on the market is Visnovsky, and I think he's also signed through next year, and he'd probably cost a first-rounder that we can't give up.

This has havelaind written all over it.

except that was a rental. zidlicky would be for next year as well. again, i'm not sure why they would tie themselves to him.

i think tall or green go out

or this trade is more problem for us than pluses

I would guess its one of the forwards going. They called up Veilleux and Palmieri for lastnights game for no reason. If one of the D was on the table my though would be that a Dman would have been called up instead.

Ugh, I wouldn't have traded for this guy 5-6 years ago, when he was somewhat decent for Nashville.

Terrible acquisition if it happens.

This has havelaind written all over it.

Hävelid was so misspelled that I thought you were talking about Haviland. :giggle:

Surprising move if it happens - another year at 4m?

This leaves me feeling like we won't see Tallinder any time soon.

Maybe this ends up being a three-way deal with Columbus?

Hävelid was so misspelled that I thought you were talking about Haviland. :giggle:

You aren't the only one! :laugh: I was like wtf does he have to do with anything?!

The dude is 35 but if we can get him for cheap the I guess? Cheap as in a 2nd rounder is too much IMO.

I'd like to see him here--would be a solid pickup--but the price is a little scary. Obviously why the Wild are unloading him, but the return is the real question.