JRZYRIPPER

Marek zidlicky traded to Devils.

433 posts in this topic

I dont want to see him come to NJ only to boot Taormina out of a spot. He has been super strong for us. Foster is the only one I would want to see him replace.

I would guess its one of the forwards going. They called up Veilleux and Palmieri for lastnights game for no reason. If one of the D was on the table my though would be that a Dman would have been called up instead.

If we can get rid of Palmieri it's a win!

I wouldn't trade our 2nd for this guy. His performance this season, coupled with his age and contract status are definite concerns. Maybe a third, especially since he is essentially a spare part in Minnesota, much like Foster was in Anaheim when we picked him up. Plus, I've read that he's been vocal about his situation so they are likely very inclined to get rid of him.

Maybe this is just part a small of a blockbuster trade that sends Parise to his hometown. :whistling:

Just saw on Twitter that he didnt wave the no trade.

Oops someone posted about already, my bad.

Dammit thought the days of Foster were done.

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3

What'd even be more ironic....next year on July 1st, the Wild sign Parise to a huge contract to bring him home, and state "we wouldn't have been able to do this if we didn't dump Zidlicky's $4 million."

Meh, not sure why everyone is getting so excited. He has a huge cap hit, he's 35, and he hasn't been very good since his injury. He says it's the coach, but it could just be the fact that he's aging and the injury slowed him down. I don't think he's that big of an improvement over what we've got, and for the additional cap hit plus giving up something in return, it's really not that worth it IMO.

Is it just a little bit silly that I don't want to take that contract off of the Wild's hands and give them more cap space for..other..things?

Don't be silly, if the Wild wanted to, they could buy out Zidlicky. If they want Parise, Marek Zidlicky's contract isn't going to be what stands in the way of getting him.

But yeah, I'll be surprised if Zidlicky ends up here.

For comparison shoppings sake, with Zidlicky's contract numbers and his age, is there a better deal out there?

I like this move as long as the Devils aren't giving up too much in return for the reasons Jas0nMacIsaac posted. A few weeks ago when I was reading TSN mentioning that he had fallen out of favor with Yeo and was a healthy scratch for quite some time, I decided to take a look at his numbers and I was surprised to see the hate Minnesota had for him. He seems like he can be a solid back pairing guy - certainly an upgrade over Foster.

@TGfireandice

Marek Zidlicky is not here.

Petr Sykora missing from Devils' practice today. Stephane Veilleux filling in on line with Patrik Elias and David Clarkson.

LOL, what?

LOL, what?

I'd be 99.99% certain Sykora is just resting some "bumps and bruises". I think if the Devils are trading for Zidlicky its going to either be a draft pick or one of the defense prospects that doesn't have high potential, like Taormina. I can't see the Devils moving Urbom or Gelinas for this guy.

Edited by thefiestygoat

4m for a pack-pairing defensemen is a little ridiculous though, imo (albeit only for a year)

Yeah and nooo way Skyora is moved...I feel like that'd be a blow to the locker room environment...

Edited by Devilsfan118

Meh, not sure why everyone is getting so excited. He has a huge cap hit, he's 35, and he hasn't been very good since his injury. He says it's the coach, but it could just be the fact that he's aging and the injury slowed him down. I don't think he's that big of an improvement over what we've got, and for the additional cap hit plus giving up something in return, it's really not that worth it IMO.

The cap hit is no factor this year since we have room and very little factor next year considering he'd basically be replacing Salvador's $2.9 million.

He may be finished a la Kaberle, but for the right price it isn't prohibitive to find out. Especially since he adds a dimension we don't really have on the blueline.

Edited by NJDevs4978