Marek zidlicky traded to Devils.

JRZYRIPPER

I wouldn't trade our 2nd for this guy. His performance this season, coupled with his age and contract status are definite concerns. Maybe a third, especially since he is essentially a spare part in Minnesota, much like Foster was in Anaheim when we picked him up. Plus, I've read that he's been vocal about his situation so they are likely very inclined to get rid of him.

Meh, not sure why everyone is getting so excited. He has a huge cap hit, he's 35, and he hasn't been very good since his injury. He says it's the coach, but it could just be the fact that he's aging and the injury slowed him down. I don't think he's that big of an improvement over what we've got, and for the additional cap hit plus giving up something in return, it's really not that worth it IMO.

I like this move as long as the Devils aren't giving up too much in return for the reasons Jas0nMacIsaac posted. A few weeks ago when I was reading TSN mentioning that he had fallen out of favor with Yeo and was a healthy scratch for quite some time, I decided to take a look at his numbers and I was surprised to see the hate Minnesota had for him. He seems like he can be a solid back pairing guy - certainly an upgrade over Foster.

LOL, what?

I'd be 99.99% certain Sykora is just resting some "bumps and bruises". I think if the Devils are trading for Zidlicky its going to either be a draft pick or one of the defense prospects that doesn't have high potential, like Taormina. I can't see the Devils moving Urbom or Gelinas for this guy.

Edited by thefiestygoat

Yeah and nooo way Skyora is moved...I feel like that'd be a blow to the locker room environment...

Yep, TG just tweeted Sykora may just be slightly banged up which is why he isn't practicing.

https://twitter.com/#!/TGfireandice/status/169822695830192128

"Sykora had an ice bag on his left wrist/lower arm after last night's game."

Yep, TG just tweeted Sykora may just be slightly banged up which is why he isn't practicing.

https://twitter.com/#!/TGfireandice/status/169822695830192128

"Sykora had an ice bag on his left wrist/lower arm after last night's game."

It may be from when he got hit with a shot during the game last night. I think it was him.

Meh, not sure why everyone is getting so excited. He has a huge cap hit, he's 35, and he hasn't been very good since his injury. He says it's the coach, but it could just be the fact that he's aging and the injury slowed him down. I don't think he's that big of an improvement over what we've got, and for the additional cap hit plus giving up something in return, it's really not that worth it IMO.

The cap hit is no factor this year since we have room and very little factor next year considering he'd basically be replacing Salvador's $2.9 million.

He may be finished a la Kaberle, but for the right price it isn't prohibitive to find out. Especially since he adds a dimension we don't really have on the blueline.

Edited by NJDevs4978