Marek zidlicky traded to Devils.

JRZYRIPPER

This is a hilariously bad faith move.

What are you talking about? The Devils are at 38 million for next season right now. They have Fayne's contract (~2M) in significant RFAs. But they have 0 goalies signed next year and even if Parise leaves, they are likely to sign a top-six forward. Call it $3M for goalies and $4M for a top six forward. Now we're at $47M. And there's still 6 more players to fill out the rest of the roster. And the Devils can stay under the floor until the league locks out and when the cap comes down they might be compliant. Acquiring dead space is the act of the desperate, not a move to make in February. The only way this makes sense is if Lou is punting next year, which I don't think he is.

They're not acquiring dead space. I was just saying if he busted, it's not the worst thing that happened, they are not on the books for $4M with him, they're on the books for $2.6M cash and split over 2 years cap.

I am just using the prior history of where NHL owned teams have been vis a vis the floor. This year really isn't relevant because they're clearly not operating under that condition, with their payroll being where it is.

And why would they lower the cap and not keep linkage, in which case the signed players salaries would drop by the same % as the cap does?

I dont want to see him come to NJ only to boot Taormina out of a spot. He has been super strong for us. Foster is the only one I would want to see him replace.

I really wish we never got Foster. I'd much rather have Tao playing in his spot. Although neither of them will probably be playing once Tallinder and Larsson are back.

You gotta figure the top 6 will be:

Volchenkov

Greene

Larsson

Tallinder

Salvador

Fayne

Just checked, Zidlicky only has 13 points this year and he is -7. I hate this time of year because there is always those defenders on the block who are those "will bring you mobility to your back end". Quite honestly at 4M he isn't performing to what he is getting paid.

maybe a 3rd and a mid level prospect?

Zidlicky's missed some time with injury...but still he'd be only on around a 30-point pace. Last year he had 24 in 46 games I think, which is a 40-point pace. Maybe it's the new coach and system, or maybe he's just old. He won't have the system excuse here, ironically enough and he'd be the main guy on the PP along with Kovy.

I do wonder if his agent's loose lips have scuttled this deal now though (since we know Lou has vetoed deals once leaks happen) :P

I really wish we never got Foster. I'd much rather have Tao playing in his spot. Although neither of them will probably be playing once Tallinder and Larsson are back.

You gotta figure the top 6 will be:

Volchenkov

Greene

Larsson

Tallinder

Salvador

Fayne

Its easy really, just dress 7 D, use foster only on PP, and Kovy Double shifts 4th line. We solve the D situation, the 4th line situation, and the PP situation

Its easy really, just dress 7 D, use foster only on PP, and Kovy Double shifts 4th line. We solve the D situation, the 4th line situation, and the PP situation

I suggested this on another thread, but there is legit concern that Kovy will burn out in the playoffs if his minutes go THAT high. I still think it's worth a shot, but I can see why DeBo and Lou may not agree.