Marek zidlicky traded to Devils.

JRZYRIPPER

I suggested this on another thread, but there is legit concern that Kovy will burn out in the playoffs if his minutes go THAT high. I still think it's worth a shot, but I can see why DeBo and Lou may not agree.

Yeah we're lucky that Kovy is capable of playing 25+ a night no problem...but when you start pushing it into the 30's that's when it becomes problematic. Kovy had three 30+ games in October and missed two weeks shortly after that. Since then I think he's only had one or two.

Alright honestly I'd rather dish Tai than Foster. Fosters sh!t power is something in itself and hes been effective for us. I like Tao, but id be lying I I said I think his potential points to him being a better player than Foster

blink.gif

He already is better than Foster. Anyways Nashville would be stupid to take Foster and a pick for Marek and that's it.

Edited by ben00rs

ben00rs: Zidlicky is 35, has a year left on his contract, and is a healthy scratch in Minnesota while Minnesota slides down to the bottom of the standings, and everyone knows he wants out. If the Devils give up anyone decent for him, it's a huge mistake. If anyone gives up anything decent for him, it's a huge mistake.

Edited by Triumph

ben00rs: Zidlicky is 35, has a year left on his contract, and is a healthy scratch in Minnesota while Minnesota slides down to the bottom of the standings, and everyone knows he wants out. If the Devils give up anyone decent for him, it's a huge mistake. If anyone gives up anything decent for him, it's a huge mistake.

But would you not agree that he would be an upgrade from Foster no matter what? If you're Nashville do you trade him for Foster and pick?

One thing I know for sure though is that if we give up a Taormina for him, I don't know what the hell Lou would be thinking. But I imagine they are looking for a young kid from us. Of course, I don't want to lose maybe our best PMD right now.

edit: well besides Andy Greene I still think Tao is better than Larsson at moving the puck up ice.

Edited by ben00rs

But would you not agree that he would be an upgrade from Foster no matter what? If you're Nashville do you trade him for Foster and pick?

One thing I know for sure though is that if we give up a Taormina for him, I don't know what the hell Lou would be thinking. But I imagine they are looking for a young kid from us. Of course, I don't want to lose maybe our best PMD right now.

edit: well besides Andy Greene I still think Tao is better than Larsson at moving the puck up ice.

Nashville does not have Zidlicky. They haven't for 3 years.

Taormina is waiver-eligible next year and I doubt they have long-term plans for him. The Devils should not have to give him up in a deal for Zidlicky regardless.

What does Nashville have to do with this trade?

Nashville does not have Zidlicky. They haven't for 3 years.

Taormina is waiver-eligible next year and I doubt they have long-term plans for him. The Devils should not have to give him up in a deal for Zidlicky regardless.

Yea..wasn't thinkin?...Minnesota.... anyways I'm confused who are you implying that you think that the deal sends over there?

Report: No deal yet for Wild's Zidlicky

http://www.nhl.com/i...ost.htm?id=6457

"Minnesota Wild General Manager Chuck Fletcher on Wednesday told the Minneapolis Star Tribune that the club has not asked defenseman Marek Zidlicky to waive his no-trade clause for any specific trade. The newspaper, along with TSN, reported earlier Wednesday morning that Zidlicky had waived his no-trade clause so the Wild could send him to the New Jersey Devils. "I haven't asked Zid to waive his no-trade for any specific trade," Fletcher told the newspaper's Mike Russo. "I haven't called him and said anything's close. I can tell you for sure I'm planning on talking to other teams. We haven't traded Zid, we haven't made the decision to trade Zid at this point. I have not formally asked him to do anything because at this point I honestly don't have anything to take to him, I don't have anything for him to say yes or no to."

And the best part:

The Devils certainly could use a player with Zidlicky's skill set. While he doesn't have any goals this season, 42 of the 60 he's scored in his eight NHL seasons have been on the power play. In the absence of Henrik Tallinder and Adam Larsson, the Devils' power play has slipped to 17th in the NHL at 17.0 percent.

doh1.gif This writer has never followed the Devils. Doesn't get much more embarrassing than that now that the Devils PP is hotter than ever since those two have been out and has RISEN to 17th in the NHL.

Edited by ben00rs