NJCroMag

GDT: Anaheim @ New Jersey - 2/17/2012

184 posts in this topic

Also nice to see Patty get the shootout winner!

You know what? We were the Ducks last season and we were damn near impossible to beat while on our hot streak, so yeah I'll take this one and be happy with it

elias was going in so slow on the attempt but the speed and stall of that nasty wrister made up for it.

marty played absolutely fantastic.

a clear no goal for getzlaf in ot. i didnt even notice it at first.

lets goo

elias was going in so slow on the attempt but the speed and stall of that nasty wrister made up for it.

marty played absolutely fantastic.

this

:dance:

Someone's going to win the cup, or could, with a play like that? Garbage. It's easy , puck touches a skate, no goal.

Edited by ringtwins

PATTY!!! :yea::beerbang::rock::w00t::cheers::gd::clap2::boogie::hail::dance::burn::ph34r::evil::wub:

Marty and Kovi also :):cheers::hail:

And the rest of "is team" :yea::clap:

Edited by Dead

stoked on the win, it was a wild one

i thought volch hooked getzlafs skate with his stick

hiller is playing well considering his comeback

and if not for marty this could have got ugly

Edited by lazer

Someone's going to win the cup, or could, with a play like that? Garbage. It's easy , puck touches a skate, no goal.

Not so fast, Shel Silverstein. If the puck hits the skate then Turner Stevenson doesn't get a goal in the 03 Cup final.

Not an awesome game, but it sure feels nice to have Marty back in shape. Overall we were slightly better on the night, and we were robbed by the refs on several no-call penalties late in the 3rd making this closer then it should have been.

Marty seems to be getting stronger as the season hits crunch time. Friggin awesome game from him tonight.

DevsMan84 will bitch about Zach getting that chance later...

Damn Patrik!

Haha yup!

Marty played excellent tonight. I think he played this game better than the rags game where he shut them out.

Marty seems to be getting stronger as the season hits crunch time. Friggin awesome game from him tonight.

That might've been Marty's best game in 2 years. He was absolutely fantastic tonight.

Haha yup!

Marty played excellent tonight. I think he played this game better than the rags game where he shut them out.

I'd still stay with Zach (still has a 45% career shooting% in shootouts), but I think I'd drop him to 3rd shooter next time, just to mix it up.

Yeah, Marty really was terrific. Season save% now up to .903.

this is a win win match for us imo

Not if it goes to OT...damn 3-point games...

Anybody catch what Deboer was so pissed off about in ot?

I got the sense that the refs were basically skating off the ice until DeBoer asked them to look at the goal.

Devils are starting to show some wear here - they're without Tallinder, Larsson, and Zajac and it's impossible to hide forever. They're getting the breaks and Brodeur is playing really well, when we need it. Hopefully Larsson is back by this time next week, that would be nice.

Anybody catch what Deboer was so pissed off about in ot?

Not sure.. might have been that whole Ducks kicking the puck into the net thing.

Not if it goes to OT...damn 3-point games...

We would not want that. One of them has to lose in regulation.

Wow Chico really needed to shut up during that review on Getzlaf's kick-in. He was driving me nuts.

I'm not sure they got the better of the play tonight, but Marty came up huge tonight and kept the team alive. Solid game from Greene and Taormina I thought. Is it me or has Fayne looked a little flat on the offensive side? Maybe not a bad thing, and it could just be due to being more cautious with Tallinder and Larsson out still.

Anaheim is not a bad team.

I got the sense that the refs were basically skating off the ice until DeBoer asked them to look at the goal.

Devils are starting to show some wear here - they're without Tallinder, Larsson, and Zajac and it's impossible to hide forever. They're getting the breaks and Brodeur is playing really well, when we need it. Hopefully Larsson is back by this time next week, that would be nice.

Yeah, they're definitely not going to keep surviving these 3rd periods. I'm not motivated enough to look it up, but I'm curious as to how much they've been outshot in 3rd periods over the last 10 games or so.

These comments from Parise and Brodeur are priceless:

https://twitter.com/#!/Ledger_NJDevils/status/170709929060081664

"Parise said he thought the NHL would allow Getzlaf's goal to count becasue so many video reviews have gone against the Devils."

https://twitter.com/#!/Ledger_NJDevils/status/170710276008718338

"Brodeur said he never left his crease because he saw Geztlaf kick it in. "But with the NHL you just have to wait.""

Tom Gulitti @TGfireandice

Parise "thought it was going to be a goal. They called it a goal on the ice. We usually don’t get the calls from there (situation room)."

Yeah, they're definitely not going to keep surviving these 3rd periods. I'm not motivated enough to look it up, but I'm curious as to how much they've been outshot in 3rd periods over the last 10 games or so.

They've had leads in most of these 3rd periods. That's what's going to stop. Being outshot in the 3rd period with a lead is standard.

Edited by Triumph