Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NYCdevil

Genius trade idea

22 posts in this topic

Set aside the devil's financial problems cause we don't really know what's going on and what their budget plans are.. but this would be awesome:

Devils send: Mattias Tendenby, Nick Palmieri, Jeff Frazee, Harry Young, 2nd round pick, 4th round pick

to LA Kings for: Jack Johnson, Jon Bernier, and Jared Stoll

LA gets potential offensive boost which they badly need, an AHL goalie who could be a decent backup considering Quick plays 70+ games, and a prospect and pick

Devils get a top 4 all around solid dman, a goalie for the future, and a 3rd line rental center

I don't see any reason why LA would do this. Give up a solid goalie, and a defenseman who has struggled at times but can be a difference maker for 2 struggling (albiet young) forwards, an AHL goalie and a 7th defenseman. The picks are a moot addition since the value just isn't close.

I honestly think Lombardi would try to put his own sh!t in the fax machine and send it to Lou if Lou offered this.

1 person likes this

I wouldn't accept this trade if I were the Devils. Well, I guess I would have to, but the Jack Johnson contract is among the worst in hockey.

Edited by Triumph

Lol who the hell wants Tedenby and Palmieri. Sorry...too harsh?

Thad be an awesome trade..for the Devils. LA would get so jipped!

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3

I wouldn't accept this trade if I were the Devils. Well, I guess I would have to, but the Jack Johnson contract is among the worst in hockey.

my thoughts exactly.

Set aside the devil's financial problems cause we don't really know what's going on and what their budget plans are.. but this would be awesome:

Devils send: Mattias Tendenby, Nick Palmieri, Jeff Frazee, Harry Young, 2nd round pick, 4th round pick

LA gets potential offensive boost which they badly need, an AHL goalie who could be a decent backup considering Quick plays 70+ games, and a prospect and pick

Devils get a top 4 all around solid dman, a goalie for the future, and a 3rd line rental center

Oh, the old give up a bunch of our crap and fleece the other team type of deal that fans love to make.

You're not fooling anyone with a quantity-for-quality deal like this.

LA gets potential offensive boost? Which one of those players would provide that exactly? The Devils could use a little offensive boost...if Tedenby and Palmeiri were capable of providing it, they'd be HERE. Tedenby's starting to look like a bust...I still have hopes for him, but this season was a major step backwards.

Not one of the players you're offering has shown they can stick in the NHL, but you want the Kings to give up a defenseman who not has shown that he CAN indeed play in the NHL (so much so that he's signed for 7 more years), and can provide some offense as well? C'mon.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

The Kings could probably get Nash for less than what they'd be giving up for this deal.

The Kings would be getting, an undersized forward who has regressed to the point of being shipped back to the AHL (Tedenby), a third/fourth line right wing (NaPalm), someone who, if the cards fall right, could be a regular backup goalie for some team in the future (Frazee), a career AHLer (Young) and couple of throw in draft picks.

With the exception of Tedenby, the Kings could get all of these players for a bargain on the free agent market.

Basically, it would be similar to the Devils trading Josefson and Wedgewood for, say, Rod Pelley, Fraser, Sheldon Brookbank (all three basically useless) and a 2nd.

The trade is pretty even IMO. I have no idea why we would want Jarret Stoll though.

if they throw Voynov in there then it might be interesting

I'd be interested to see what Larry Robinson could do with him. Seven years is a bit long, but at least the guy is young (only 25) healthy and playing. DiPietro's deal is a hell of a lot worse.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I mean, I don't know about actually doing it. Johnson is the kind of guy you trade for when you've decided Adam Larsson isn't working out.

Get it done Lou.

I'd be interested to see what Larry Robinson could do with him. Seven years is a bit long, but at least the guy is young (only 25) healthy and playing. DiPietro's deal is a hell of a lot worse.

Larry would probably convert him to forward.

DiPietro is a special case. Johnson is perfectly healthy and his deal is a nightmare.

they arent even getting an established roster player....

How about....

Parise, 2nd rounder, Larsson

Doughty, Bernier, 1st :boogie:

:rolleyes:

they arent even getting an established roster player....

How about....

Parise, 2nd rounder, Larsson

Doughty, Bernier, 1st :boogie:

:rolleyes:

Not sure if serious...