Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ghdi

Kubina to Philly

47 posts in this topic

I think Holmgren might be off his rocker " So we've got Kubina to Philly for 2012 2nd (from FLA) and 2013 4th as the deal... but word on Philly is another deal pending." Per TFP

https://twitter.com/#!/TheFourthPeriod

fvck :rant:

They lost what 5 outta 7? There not contenders from the way there playing, if they don't pick it up they be fighting for 7-8th if not outta the playoffs by seasons end. Not that I care:)

Not that I should care, but do they need Nash? Offense isn't their problem.

I just saw a tweet on HFboards that said the Blue Jackets are pushing for a deal for Nash more than the Flyers.

I just saw a tweet on HFboards that said the Blue Jackets are pushing for a deal for Nash more than the Flyers.

i can see that. the flyers can definitely set the Blue Jackets up with a promising youth

They lost what 5 outta 7? There not contenders from the way there playing, if they don't pick it up they be fighting for 7-8th if not outta the playoffs by seasons end. Not that I care:)

The Cryers announcers were saying they haven't been able to put together a string of wins in over a month now.

Their 1st,2nd,3rd lines look pretty solid on paper but I think the team as a whole is just undisciplined.

i can see that. the flyers can definitely set the Blue Jackets up with a promising youth

Ok but why? Homer had to have known when he took on so much youth for Carter and Richards that his team was a few years from winning a Cup.. The fact that he seems to be wanting to deal that youth for a Cup now is borderline nuts

Holmgren is a terrible GM.

Ok but why? Homer had to have known when he took on so much youth for Carter and Richards that his team was a few years from winning a Cup.. The fact that he seems to be wanting to deal that youth for a Cup now is borderline nuts

I don't know if they would have been a few years from winning if Pronger didn't get hurt. With the way their offense has played, they would have been right there with any team if they had Pronger to shield their shaky goalies.

prongers retirement

Not to change the thread here, but I hear things are very bad in the Pronger's house. His vision is semi-blurry all the time, his headaches are constant, and he's afraid it won't go away. I never liked the guy really, but his career is almost certainly over and his recovery, if it comes, may take years. I feel bad for his wife and kids, and him to a lesser extent. I have to keep reminding myself he's still a good 14 years younger than I am and he can't even drive to Shoprite to get stuff for dinner.

Not to change the thread here, but I hear things are very bad in the Pronger's house. His vision is semi-blurry all the time, his headaches are constant, and he's afraid it won't go away. I never liked the guy really, but his career is almost certainly over and his recovery, if it comes, may take years. I feel bad for his wife and kids, and him to a lesser extent. I have to keep reminding myself he's still a good 14 years younger than I am and he can't even drive to Shoprite to get stuff for dinner.

yea, no joke yo i heard he was like crying in the corner of a dark room.. lookin pretty depressed. definitely not good

Even if the Cryers get Nash they will still have goaltending issues and their defense will still continue to be suspect even with the additions of Grossman and Kubina.

The Rags, Bruins, us and even the Pens (moreso with Crosby if he ever comes back) are better than they are.

How is it Homlgren can land Kubina but the best Lou can muster up is Kurtis(Don't call me Jody)Foster?!?!

How is it Homlgren can land Kubina but the best Lou can muster up is Kurtis(Don't call me Jody)Foster?!?!

Lou gave up useless spare parts for a slightly less useless Foster. Holmgren had to give up picks and a prospect. Lou did pull off a steal for ponikarovsky. Seems like it do far atleast.

Lou gave up useless spare parts for a slightly less useless Foster. Holmgren had to give up picks and a prospect. Lou did pull off a steal for ponikarovsky. Seems like it do far atleast.

Poni was a good deal. The thing I don't get is Lou trying to fix our d with sub par players. It's like putting a band aid on a massive head wound.

Poni was a good deal. The thing I don't get is Lou trying to fix our d with sub par players. It's like putting a band aid on a massive head wound.

Yeah I hear you. My guess is he's afraid of overpaying. That Hal Gill trade was a little much.

Kinda waiting for the Dominos to fall here..

also, didn't this trade put the Flyers over 50 contracts?

Kinda waiting for the Dominos to fall here..

also, didn't this trade put the Flyers over 50 contracts?

It did but they sent kalinski to TB to take them back to 50 players under contract.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk