Official 2012 New York Mets Thread

NJDevs4978

Of course Wright has a fracture in his pinky...why would it be anything else? Baseball gods intervene again, dump more cold water on the unluckiest franchise in the history of sports (since october 06 at least!)

and we just can't get rid of bay fast enough. What a waste!

Edited by '7'

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow is Ike in a hell of a funk right now. That was a tough spot to put him in.

Of course Wright has a fracture in his pinky...why would it be anything else? Baseball gods intervene again, dump more cold water on the unluckiest franchise in the history of sports (since october 06 at least!)

Yeah, tough break with Wright.

Yeah, Bay really sucks.

Yeah, tough break with Wright.

Yeah, Bay really sucks.

Strasburg is pretty filthy. Looks like we'll be 4-2 heading into the Philly weekend series. The home plate umpiring today has been horrendous.

At least Santana looked great again. He struggled with his control early (again, home plate umpire didn't help) but settled in and racked up a bunch of strikeouts and swinging strikes.

Man the middle of the order has been pathetic.

Yep, doesn't help that Davis and Duda have combined for just 4 hits on the season and 1 hit in the entire series. This lineup, especially without Wright, is very vulnerable to late-game matchups too.

4-2 is still a lot better than I would have expected through 6 games, but things may come crashing down pretty fast on this next road trip the more lefties get thrown our way and the more Wright misses time.

Edited by nmigliore

Wow, Murphy may have turned himself into a pretty good hitter, but he is a trainwreck in the field. The poor guy can't play a position. Duda and Murph should open a butcher shop together after they retire.

5-2...we all know this won't last, but 4-0 against the Braves and Phillies is a nice surprise to start the season.

Wright seems DL-bound, unfortunately. Sounds like Murphy will move over to his natural position, 3B. This still sucks; more at bats for Turner and Cedeno is no bueno. Josh Satin is the likely call-up.

Even though the defense takes a hit, I would've just promote Zach Lutz and start him at 3B. The lineup could really use some right-handed pop right now.

Edited by nmigliore

Yeah that was stunning; everybody figured he was going to the DL. What a game by Wright.

No matter what happens tomorrow, gotta be very happy about this series.

Mets could lose 10-0 today and I'd still be happy. Considering that Pelfrey is starting today, they probably will.

Good for Wright...ups his trade value and makes the team fun to watch for now...win-win.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Let's just say team defense isn't our thing.

6-3.

Edit: And seriously, Miguel Batista needs to be dumped fast. His inclusion on this roster was an Omar Minaya-like decision.

10 baserunners in 2.2 innings...yikes.

And Pelf has now allowed 18 hits in 11.2 innings (.346 BA), and 975 of them in 882.2 innings for his career. Suffice it to say Pelf fools no one on the mound...he's in for a long year. As much as I can understand why the Mets hoped for otherwise, it's clear that 2008 and 2010 were due to good luck more than anything else.

Man, Kirk Nieuwenhuis has been excellent. His propensity for striking out worries me a little, and I'm trying not to get too excited over ~35 plate appearances, but it's looking more and more difficult to send him back down once Torres is healthy.

Man, Kirk Nieuwenhuis has been excellent. His propensity for striking out worries me a little, and I'm trying not to get too excited over ~35 plate appearances, but it's looking more and more difficult to send him back down once Torres is healthy.

These are the things we have to try to enjoy, and hope for...nice stories, unexpected surprises.

7-5 doesn't sound too great after a 4-0 start, but if you had told me the Mets would go 4-2 at home and then 3-3 on the road to start the season, I would've jumped all over that...puts them on pace for 94 wins. We all know the Mets aren't coming anywhere near 94 wins, but just goes to show that they really have had a nice start to the season overall.

I really hate Jason Bay.

Okay, I'm totally overreacting to his strikeout in the 10th, but my opinion has always been the same - he really needs to be put into a platoon. When Torres comes back, roll with Kirk-Torres-Duda (or Duda-Kirk-Torres) and use Bay to spot Duda and Kirk vs lefties. That's pretty much the only use Bay has now anyway; he can't touch righties and that's been clear for 3 years now.

Ike Davis took an 0-for-5 tonight. I hate to get on him but aside from the few homeruns, he's been absolutely horrible. Just doesn't look comfortable at the plate right now. Hopefully he snaps this funk sooner than later.

Edited by nmigliore

I really hate Jason Bay.

Okay, I'm totally overreacting to his strikeout in the 10th, but my opinion has always been the same - he really needs to be put into a platoon. When Torres comes back, roll with Kirk-Torres-Duda (or Duda-Kirk-Torres) and use Bay to spot Duda and Kirk vs lefties. That's pretty much the only use Bay has now anyway; he can't touch righties and that's been clear for 3 years now.

Ike Davis took an 0-for-5 tonight. I hate to get on him but aside from the few homeruns, he's been absolutely horrible. Just doesn't look comfortable at the plate right now. Hopefully he snaps this funk sooner than later.

You know they're going to give Bay every opportunity to be the everyday guy, whether he deserves it or not, simply because of the money he's got coming to him...sucks, but that's the reality.

And yeah, Ike looks terrible.

7-6...the fall back to Earth is happening, but at least there's positives...like Niese battling his way to a respectable outing, and the Mets finding a way to tie it up before losing.