Official Game Day Thread - Leafs at Flyer Game 5

Satans Hockey

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another point to add, the idiotic city of Philadelphia charges a 4% city wage tax on ANYONE who works in the city (gee wonder why businesses are moving to the outskirts of the city Mr. Mayor). That is why the Flyers Organization is based out of Southern NJ, instead of the City of Philadelphia. The Flyers actually lease the space for their home games and pay the city wage tax based on that.

The political morons who run Philadelphia have been corrupt for years! Actually probably EVERY major city in the USA has this problem, but growing up in SJ I'm more in tune with how stupid the people that run Philly are.

Northen Ocean County is basically all Devils fans, with Ranger fans mixed in. Southern OC is where the Flyer fans show up, the Mystic Island/Tuckerton area.

But I would imagine from Lacey/Toms River - Monmouth County is virtually all Devs, with Ranger fans mixed in.

South Jersey, the majority cheers for Philly not the Devils

Hate to break it to you but I live in South Jersey and most fans are Devil fans.

Huh?

I lived in South Jersey for 36 years! No way in Hell (sorry the pun here) there are more Devils fans than Flyers fans down here. The Flyers have been around this area since 1967, won two Cups here and are CEMENTED in this area. Their practice rink and team is run out of Voorhees NEW JERSEY. The Devils didn't even exist here until 1982.

U know guys... Im gonna ahve to laugh here... Does anyone remember FLYERSEQUALCUP that was psoting here so annoyingly during Round 1. Well that OH SO knowledgeable fan is the one who told me that the Flyers practice in the old arena... Man I knew he was a waste of my argument breath. He knew nothing about hockey or his team. Just lived in Philly and had to come on here and be a jackass!!! I feel better now knowing he doesnt even Know where his team practices... I know where mine practices :D

Langsgirl,

There are MORONS that root for EVERY team and post on these boards. I'm willing to bet 9 times out of 10 the morons are 12 year old kids!

It's one thing to be a hockey fan, and root for your favorite team, and another to just be a moron, or immature fan. The latter seems to be prevalent! :rolleyes:

I laughed at half the people in this thread getting pissed at the Flyers or Leafs for one thing or another. I just want to see the best team win with the least amount of poor officiating possible (which is a tall order in today's poorly officiated NHL).

If it's my team all the better. I usually HATED the Devils for a few days after they would eliminate us, which is natural, but after that I would WANT the team that eliminated us to go as far as possible. BOTH times the Devils eliminated us they won the Cup so I could at least say we lost to the Champs!

Yeah.. but he is 30 years old.. and was beyond persistent.. he kept saying how the call on Langenbrunner was a good call at the end of game 2... said he was 6 rows up.. but then later said he watched the game with his friends on his big screen tv. The he told me he was going to Game 4.. said he was there.. and alter admitted he wasnt... so he was just all around aggravating to me... and I am so glad to know it wasnt me.. Everytime he opened his mouth about the devils I disagreed.. and I dont disagree with all the Flyer posters here all the time.. he jsut said stupid sh!t.. so Finding out that he knows nothing about his team, just makes me laugh.. and I am aware there are morons in every fan base... just glad the one that was irrtating the crap out of me an emailing me crap.. was wrong about something so obvious!!

Actually the city of Philadelphia has a lot of really nice spots. There is TONS of history from the Coloniel times there, it's just so damn corrupt and expensive to live there.

I guess the old saying, "nice place to visit, but wouldn't want to live there" comes to mind. I'm sure if the Devils move to Newark that NOT many Devils will choose to live in that peach of a city.

Historically all of Essex County was part of Newark before the state government forced Newark to break apart in 1834 (seems a long time ago, but thats nearly 170 years into Newark's history which dates back to its founding in 1666) so in reality, most of the Devils DO live in what is historically part of Newark.

Yeah, I traveled quite a bit in my profession doing computer installs of Oracle related applications. And almost EVERY city I've ever been to has it's "safe" or good areas, and it's "don't go there after dark are you f'in nuts" areas! :evil:

I hear u EZ. I was more responding to the fact that philly fans are always saying Jed\rsey is so dirty, filthy.. and garbage and dumps... so I thought it was funny that the Philly players choose to live in NJ rather than PA. They have money so they could afford higher living... So basically when a Philly fan yells at me that Jersey is gross at a game at Wachovia, they are insulting most of their team!

Edited by langsgirl

They have money so they could afford higher living...

My father-in-law (who's quite well off from real estate land deals) always laughs when people say, "Well he has money so"

His response is always, "Well how do you think they GOT so much money in the first place! :D "

They have money so they could afford higher living...

My father-in-law (who's quite well off from real estate land deals) always laughs when people say, "Well he has money so"

His response is always, "Well how do you think they GOT so much money in the first place! :D "

Yeah i know - We always lived very frugally even tho we had the money to live better.. Im just saying if u can buy 3 cars then higher property tax isnt a reason to not live somewhere. I would think with their salaries.. an extra thousand here or there a year wouldnt be the deciding factor...of where to live, I would think that they must actually like Jersey or they wouldnt reside there... All im saying is witha salary like that, u wouldnt pick a crappy place to live over a nice one cause of property tax. Im not talking bout million dollar mansions instead. I was simply saying it was comical that anytime I have been to a flyer game in PA or the few Flyer fans I have spoke too... they always claim how Jersey is a dirty gross place to live... if it was That bad.. your players would find a place in PA to live... Im not saying PA is BAD and NJ is better!!

Edited by langsgirl

You'll find most players will live in very upscale neighborhoods NEAR where they practice and the team is based out of. I know the Rangers practice in Rye NY so I'd imagine a lot of players would live there especially if they have familes. Lindros was single so he lived in Manhattan, but guys with kids I'm sure didn't choose that route.

The Flyers are based out of Voorhees for reasons I discussed above about Philly's city wage tax. That is not small pennies. If the Flyers were to be based out of Philly then ALL their business would be taxable to that wage tax which would equate to millions. So they based themselves out of Voorhees. NJ is considered a suburb of Philly (only a river seperates it) so people that tell you one is better than the other are just being childish. If I were a married player with kids I would want my wife and kids to be as close as possible to my work (i.e. practice facility). The Flyers built a twin rink from scratch called the Flyers skatezone in Voorhees with all the bells and whistles including all their corporate offices. It's a twin rink that houses both the Phantoms and Flyers for practice. Before this rink opened they used to practice in Washington TWNSHIP NJ at Hollydale Ice arena, and at the Coliseum in Voorhees before that (which was a real sh!t hole). I don't think they've practiced in PA for quite some time probably the 1970's.