Devils interest in Dustin brown

caron14

If we can get Dustin Brown, its almost silly to pass him up. Hes a RW which we need. He's a talented player and a locker room guy + he's got a great contract and is durable/consistent. This is almost the perfect offensive pickup for us headed into the playoffs. It all depends on the return obviously, but this is a shot worth taking if hes really up for grabs.

He's also an American and likely knows Zach really well.

Parise - Henrique - Brown - Is as nasty as it gets provided Henrique keeps it up.

Will brown even want to play for LA again after he was basically told he was not a good captain?

That's probably the impetus of this buzz. The acquisition of Carter could make Brown expendable. They could get 1 or 2 pieces that equal Brown's value and helps the team in other areas. Thats one of the main reasons why I think we could be players here. There are ways a deal for Brown could get done without dramatically altering our chemistry or giving up too much in one area. He also wouldnt need to be a captain here.

It could also just be a msg to Brown.

Bob McKenzie then tweets that if Brown isn't available now, he certainly was available before now.

Lombardi is probably worried that if he couldn't get a deal he liked, it might mess up the entire locker room since it was well out there that he was dangling the captain. We've seen in NJ that a pissed off captain isn't a good thing.

Given what happened with Kovy, would LA even consider a trade with NJ if they wern't giving some astronomically good deal in LA's favor? I don't think LA would do any trade for Brown with NJ unless Parise was involved just for the sake of getting him to drink the LA area coolaid.

rolleyes.gif

Merrill and Clarkson maybe?

doh1.gif

regarding our first round pick that the nhl plans to take away from us due to the kovalchuk situation, if we trade it to someone would that count? i am assuming no because we are getting something back in return for it

the devils have 3 more years to give up one of their 1st to the league. they can't give up one if they should trade for another one - it has to be theirs. with the way the season is playing out, and what this draft is said to be this would absolutely be the year i would give it up. in all likelihood, it's in the 19 - 25 range.

the devils have 3 more years to give up one of their 1st to the league. they can't give up one if they should trade for another one - it has to be theirs. with the way the season is playing out, and what this draft is said to be this would absolutely be the year i would give it up. in all likelihood, it's in the 19 - 25 range.

I keep thinking it started as four years too (three left), but (N)Єverson maintains it's this year or next year. Then again he seems to think Palmeri's on a one-way contract making $1.2 million :P