Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beetlebum

Should We Claim Rolston

51 posts in this topic

Today's waivers should be interesting. I believe TOR's Darryl Boyce will be claimed. @StapeNewsday reports NYI will put Brian Rolston on.

Short answer: no

Long answer: noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

1 person likes this

Hell fvcking no! Id like to go one calender year where we don't bring a former devil back.

Edited by Satans Hockey

The Devils don't have the cap room to make this move. So, no.

They have 2 million in free space and can accommodate a player making 9 million dollars a year.

They have 2 million in free space and can accommodate a player making 9 million dollars a year.

"Just because you can drive with your feet doesn't mean it's a good idea."

Ah, was looking at the wrong capgeek chart. I guess the Devils could acquire him - I know that you can't waive a guy and then trade back for him later in the year, but you probably can do the reverse.

what's his salary? lol.. forgot we traded.. thought we bought him out.. ill gladly pass

Edited by pumpkin cutter

I do miss the wink ;)

enjoy this instead of rolston

Winkler2.jpg

Short answer: no

Long answer: noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

could not have said it better myself - he has no place here. he is not a 4th line type player. the only additional piece the devils should have any interest in acquiring is someone to play with elias and clarkson that will be better than sykora. zajac's return will probably take care of that anyway as he could slide between ponikarovski and bernier, zubrus would move up w/ elias & clarkson and sykora would play with josefson and carter.

he is not a 4th line type player

He'd be a solid upgrade for our 4th, maybe even 3rd line for the rest of the season. Depth is good. Especially if you wanna win cups. :D

He'd be a solid upgrade for our 4th, maybe even 3rd line for the rest of the season. Depth is good. Especially if you wanna win cups. :D

Do people have amnesia here or something??? He was absolutely terrible last year, and this year he can't even help the ISLANDERS!

He is not an upgrade over anyone. He has a grand total of nine points this year.

After everything that was said about Rolston last year, I cannot believe anyone even pondered claiming him for even a millisecond.

The main gripe about Rolston was his contract, not his performance. Granted, he doesn't exactly seem to have improved much from last year, so I'm not gonna lose any sleep over him clearing waivers. :P

The main gripe about Rolston was his contract, not his performance. Granted, he doesn't exactly seem to have improved much from last year, so I'm not gonna lose any sleep over him clearing waivers. :P

His performance sucked, the contract just made it even worse.