GDT: Devils vs. Bruins

187 posts in this topic

ADV'J CG TVBWAJ!

JXWAA DEVWM KEGYTVM!

FZT NMWZC LV F NGJDGZ KMVLV XWV!

ADV'J CG TVBWAJ!

JXWAA DEVWM KEGYTVM!

Okay I STILL don't know how to decode these. What the hell is the secret?

LGD!

ok we NEED to get a win tonight. and the 1st line NEEDS to get some points. come on boys, you do not want to lose 4 in a row.. bring it tonight

LGD!! :cheers:

ADV'J CG TVBWAJ!

JXWAA DEVWM KEGYTVM!

Are you sure this is correct?

LGD!

The first line is normally "let's go devils!" From there you have to use the words you know to fill in the rest, and then look at the remaining unknowns and try to piece together a coherent sentence.

Are you sure this is correct?

Good catch...transposed letters by accident...mea culpa, my good man...

AVD'J CG TVBWAJ!

JXWAA DEVWM KEGYTVM!

Good catch...transposed letters by accident...mea culpa, my good man...

AVD'J CG TVBWAJ!

JXWAA DEVWM KEGYTVM!

LET'S GO DEVILS

SPILL THEIR CHOWDER!

AND BRING ME A BOSTON CREME PIE!

LGD!

First line is always LET'S GO DEVILS. You then fill out the blanks for the rest with using that as a key.

LGD!

You gotta summon your inner beast to decode it.

As in... do like you do with pr0nz.

Stare and touch yourself. It'll come to you. :giggle:

Edited by Aznjsn

LGD!

CroMag actually makes it fairly easy for us. You know that the first line is "Let's go Devils!" You look for where the characters in the first line appear in the second and third lines of the cryptogram, and then substitute them with the letter that matched that character in the first line. Example: first line begins XPK'A you replace all X's with L's, P's with E's, etc. Then take guesses at how to complete some of the words in the 2nd and 3rd lines (watching Wheel of Fortune can help with this skill, but then you miss hockey), keeping in mind that substitutions must be uniform and unique across the puzzle. You also take into account that each line needs to be coherent, and (in NJCroMag's case) humorous.

In normal cryptograms, you receive nothing to start besides maybe a topic or knowing that it is a quote. You guess words right from the beginning and see what it leaves you with. The punctuation and location of words within the sentence can also help.

CroMag actually makes it fairly easy for us. You know that the first line is "Let's go Devils!" You look for where the characters in the first line appear in the second and third lines of the cryptogram, and then substitute them with the letter that matched that character in the first line. Example: first line begins XPK'A you replace all X's with L's, P's with E's, etc. Then take guesses at how to complete some of the words in the 2nd and 3rd lines (watching Wheel of Fortune can help with this skill, but then you miss hockey), keeping in mind that substitutions must be uniform and unique across the puzzle. You also take into account that each line needs to be coherent, and (in NJCroMag's case) humorous.

In normal cryptograms, you receive nothing to start besides maybe a topic or knowing that it is a quote. You guess words right from the beginning and see what it leaves you with. The punctuation and location of words within the sentence can also help.

Exactly. He makes it a world of a lot easier on us with the first line.

If it was a cryptogram like you see in the papers, you might not see an answer for a while until gametime. However, I might be speaking for myself on that.

Gahhhh, Im in New England so I have to suffer through Jack Edwards...have mercy on me

Has he stopped ripping Kovalchuk yet? I remember one game last season where he berated Kovy throughout the entire game...what a tool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua1GAkiN5Lk

Edited by Zubie#8

last year someone threw loose change on the ice at an isles game :ph34r:

pay him in rubles lol

Edited by lazer

Go Devils!! hopefully will be able to listen to this one... Tomorrow I finally will be home and be able to watch every game again! SO THANKFUL for that! Big game tonight though, please win tonight, there are far too many Baaaaahsten fans on this ship

half hour till pregame.. lets gooooo!! get pumped!!!!

LGD!!! :cheers:

half hour till pregame.. lets gooooo!! get pumped!!!!

LGD!!! :cheers:

Just Bought a pack o flying fish Exit 4 to watch the game. :cheers:

Let's go Devils.