GDT: Devils @ Capitals

Quinn01

Rangers really are having everything go their way this year. I officially predict that as soon as the playoffs start, they go cold and get swept in the first round.

Doubtful, but I'm all for it.

Wish the Devils could find a way to put four past Henrik, like the Lightning just did...maybe Tuesday...

For me, I just feel like my team deserves the benefit of the doubt in most situations.. I love this team, so why would I assume the worst around every corner.. If last seaso taught us anything, it's that the seaso is long and you will have many high and lows..

I would say that, if anything, my optimism also comes in part to wanting to combat the idiots who choose to view everything in a negative light.. Like the idiot who basically said he doesn't think we'll win the Cup so he's not bothering to care this season.. What total nonsense!! I could write a book on how ridiculous that is.. And where's that a$$hole tonight? Oh wait, he didn't watch because it was a meaningless win since he knows we wont win the Cup

Edited by Colin226

Nice game - so much for the whole 'Devils probably will lose tonight', or that Neuvirth 'has our number'. Devils sure got some breaks, but I thought on the whole the coverage in the zone was pretty good. Larsson is slowly getting better, I think.

Now we just need Kovalchuk and Josefson to get some goals here.

Now we just need Kovalchuk and Josefson to get some goals here.

Yes, and I don't think it will be long before these guys start producing again. Both have been playing quite well, in my opinion. Of Course Josefson could be stronger on the puck, but he seems to be progressing well.

Edited by nessus

Has anyone noticed that Parise and Kovalchuk seem to have become good friends? I've been noticing it here and there through their various actions over the past few weeks. Last game against Boston, they hugged each other on the bench, which I haven't seen too often when players are off the ice. Today, Kovalchuk kneeled next to Parise when he got sandwiched and looked really concerned. They just seem very happy being around each other. I may be looking for something that's not there, but if true it can only be good in getting Parise to stay.

Edited by Amberite

Rangers really are having everything go their way this year. I officially predict that as soon as the playoffs start, they go cold and get swept in the first round.

The problem with people's perception of the Rangers is everyone assumes it's all about the goalie when it's not. They're well coached, have a good system in place and have a lot of role players contributing. Even their fourth line isn't useless the way ours has been for most of the season.

The only area where they've been 'lucky' is in terms of injuries. Other than Staal in the first half of the season they haven't had one key guy getting hurt for a prolonged period. But they've been a healthy team for years, perhaps our medical team should take notes :P

The problem with people's perception of the Rangers is everyone assumes it's all about the goalie when it's not. They're well coached, have a good system in place and have a lot of role players contributing. Even their fourth line isn't useless the way ours has been for most of the season.

The only area where they've been 'lucky' is in terms of injuries. Other than Staal in the first half of the season they haven't had one key guy getting hurt for a prolonged period. But they've been a healthy team for years, perhaps our medical team should take notes :P

Well I was more referring to the fact that things go right for them when they need them to go right. They were being outshot 30-15 against the Bolts today, trailing 2-3 late in the 3rd, and tied it up. You can say that's the sign of a good team, and I agree to a certain degree. But it's also very fortuitous. Put very simply, things work out for them. But yes, the fact that they never have to deal with players being out for extended periods is really annoying.

How in the world do we only get 2 PP's against a team we absolutely dominated from start to finish? Several penalties not called. Then again, I'm not surprised as this has been the trend for referees and the devils.

Number of Power Plays we've gotten the last eleven games (all games we have played pretty well and have been in):

I hope this is a league-wide trend and not just with the Devils. It's like the refs have just decided to stash away the whistles the past month.

Great game by the boys tonight.

How in the world do we only get 2 PP's against a team we absolutely dominated from start to finish? Several penalties not called. Then again, I'm not surprised as this has been the trend for referees and the devils.

Number of Power Plays we've gotten the last eleven games (all games we have played pretty well and have been in):

I hope this is a league-wide trend and not just with the Devils. It's like the refs have just decided to stash away the whistles the past month.

Great game by the boys tonight.

Penalties are down league-wide again this year, but you have left out the game where the Devils got 7 power plays in Buffalo.

Okay, the Rangers obsession is getting tiresome. They could lose in the first round, they might not.

Meh, they're probably our biggest rival. This is the first year in 15+ where they may actually win something, and we all know what happened the last time that happened (since they're STILL talking about it). It's only natural to fixate on it.

Back from 7th and F Streets plus a few celebratory beers at RFD and Fadoes. Zubs was an animal tonight and was overpowering when he was on the ice. He was totally men & boys with the Caps defensemen down low and in the corners. Moose was big in the 1st before the Devils got their feet. Its funny because Moose might have stopped 5 pucks the entire pre-game warm-up.

About 7 hats were tossed on the ice for Parise's hat trick. Good number of Devils fans in the building tonight as always in Washington. Nice to get 4 points out of that building this season. The last 10 minutes of the game the building was 25% full which made the "Lets Go Devils" chant from the upper deck hillarious.

Has anyone noticed that Parise and Kovalchuk seem to have become good friends? I've been noticing it here and there through their various actions over the past few weeks. Last game against Boston, they hugged each other on the bench, which I haven't seen too often when players are off the ice. Today, Kovalchuk kneeled next to Parise when he got sandwiched and looked really concerned. They just seem very happy being around each other. I may be looking for something that's not there, but if true it can only be good in getting Parise to stay.

I noticed that too. I think it's great.

Penalties are down league-wide again this year, but you have left out the game where the Devils got 7 power plays in Buffalo.

Ah, my mistake. Good catch. Number of Power Plays we've gotten the last eleven games (all games we have played pretty well and have been in):

Still a low average for a team playing well.