Parise comment on the Rock/fans

Z-Man

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/devils/devs_look_for_emotional_lift_3N1B0FS96vqqJCEoqaCMqM

The Devils have sold out only eight of 32 home games this season, including their opener, three against the Rangers, and visits by Dallas, Pittsburgh (twice) and Buffalo.

“In our building, we don’t have the same type of energy we have for a Ranger game, any other time of the season. That’s the way it is for us,” Parise said. “We have to find ways of getting the excitement and always have that type of energy level and excitement for the game.”

Well thank God for that article! I never would've guessed the Devils don't have the best attendance in the NHL if not for Marky Mark...

Overraction city

(N)Єverson is a douche.

Here's the question

(N)Єverson: "is it easier to feed off energy when the building is fuller for Rangers, Pens games, instead of when it's a quieter for some other games"

Parise: In our building, we don’t have the same type of energy we have for a Ranger game, any other time of the season. That’s the way it is for us,” Parise said. “We have to find ways of getting the excitement and always have that type of energy level and excitement for the game.”

It's innocuous and a fact.

It has nothing to do with whether he'll stay in NJ or not.They have a billion other worries than if the building is full.

I spoke with Zach at the most recent meet and greet and I could tell by my conversation with him that he is out the door. He just had the look in his eyes while we were chatting.

Right, at a meet an greet Zach was giving subtle hints he's out the door.. You kidding me dude?

Right, at a meet an greet Zach was giving subtle hints he's out the door.. You kidding me dude?

Well Colin, I am unsure how old you are "dude", but I have done sales my entire life and , yes, "dude", I am skilled at reading people. In my opinion "dude", he is much closer to leaving July 1, then not. Got it "dude?"

I spoke with Zach at the most recent meet and greet and I could tell by my conversation with him that he is out the door. He just had the look in his eyes while we were chatting.

Then you should have told him "anywhere but the Rangers."

I agree though that it's the Cup or bust if he's going to stay.

Edited by Daniel

Anyone having ANY guess as to where he goes is just useless.

Hystyk: Maybe he had to take a dump while he was talking to you, maybe he was thinking about the changing government in Sudan and how that will affect the genocidal tenancies of the North's government....

Do you realize how many times he's been questioned by fans, media, friends, teammates, parents, and others about where he's going? Hell, there's a new thread on HF Boards every other day about where he could be going. Fans of other teams can't stop thinking about it either. Just because you didn't like the look in his eyes when you spoke to him doesn't mean that he's out the door.

I don't doubt your ability to read people... But while you're thinking "I hope he stays here!! Will he re-sign?" He's probably counting down the hours and minutes til he gets to go home, sleep, and/or bang the MRS.

On the other side of things:

He says "I like it here, I like the area, I like my teammates, I like this team blah blah blah"

Guess what those are: SAFE, politically correct responses. You're not going to hear the guy say "Can't wait for free agency. I'm not too thrilled with the team here. I don't like New Jersey" and so on.

Not one person on these message boards or in the media have 1% of an inkling where Parise is going to end up. The only people that know are Zach, his lady, and his family. His agent's don't give a rats ass what team he plays on as long as they get as close to their assessed value of him as he can.

Overraction city

(N)Єverson is a douche.

Here's the question

(N)Єverson: "is it easier to feed off energy when the building is fuller for Rangers, Pens games, instead of when it's a quieter for some other games"

Parise: In our building, we don’t have the same type of energy we have for a Ranger game, any other time of the season. That’s the way it is for us,” Parise said. “We have to find ways of getting the excitement and always have that type of energy level and excitement for the game.”

It's innocuous and a fact.

It has nothing to do with whether he'll stay in NJ or not.They have a billion other worries than if the building is full.

I don't know whether or not you made that (N)Єverson question up, or if that was really what he asked Zach.

But I think it's highly likely that (N)Єverson chose to frame Zach's quote in a way that made it seem he was knocking our fans more than he really was.

Here is how TG included the quote in his article today.

"I really think at this time of the season with where the standings are, how tight everything is, that it doesn’t matter who we’re playing right now," Devils captain Zach Parise said. "We should be able to generate that type [of emotion]. Everyone understands that in our building, we don’t have that same type of energy that we do for a Ranger game any other time of the season. That’s just the way it is.

"So, I think for us we have to find ways to get some excitement and always have that type of energy level and excitement for the game."

Even though it's pretty much the same thing, Zach doesn't come off as blasting the fans as much in TG's article.

Regardless, our rink's atmosphere never stopped us from winning three Cups and going to four finals. Zach is well aware of that.

Edited by 95Crash

Well Colin, I am unsure how old you are "dude", but I have done sales my entire life and , yes, "dude", I am skilled at reading people. In my opinion "dude", he is much closer to leaving July 1, then not. Got it "dude?"

I'm not sure I get it dude. Can you tell us how you read his mind again? Thanks dude.

Well then you must be right!! As njdevil26 said, while you may have superhuman abilities at reading someone's every thought (because you worked in sales so you gots skillzz) to say that you know what Zach's thoughts are because you met him once barely even qualifies you to even be one of Ecklund's or The NY Post's sources

He may very well leave, but it's a joke to claim you know something because you met the guy at a meet and greet.. I'm not even saying that he didn't look unhappy to be there, but you made a big inference from a small encounter.. If that was the case, Patty would be long gone because he always looks like he wants to gtfo at meet and greets

Edited by Colin226

:noclue:

He wants to win. If he wins now, then it may take the pressure off picking a team that is built for making an immediate run. The money is going to be the money within reason for most teams interested in his services. Remember, he will be starting a new life married, and picking a destination that will support that may become a bigger factor if he hoists the Cup now.

Well then you must be right!! As njdevil26 said, while you may have superhuman abilities at reading someone's every thought (because you worked in sales so you gots skillzz) to say that you know what Zach's thoughts are because you met him once barely even qualifies you to even be one of Ecklund's or The NY Post's sources

He may very well leave, but it's a joke to claim you know something because you met the guy at a meet and greet.. I'm not even saying that he didn't look unhappy to be there, but you made a big inference from a small encounter.. If that was the case, Patty would be long gone because he always looks like he wants to gtfo at meet and greets

hystyk just reminded me why I dislike certain salesmen so much. That "I know how to read people, I can sell anything to anyone, I'm God's gift to all things sales, and I'm smarter and keener than everybody." Those guys get about 5 minutes of my time before they're shown the door.

Who the fvck knows what Parise's going to do? He may not even know. But I doubt some random sales guy is going to have any more insight than anyone else.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

I think winning the Cup would only ensure he leaves.

we want the cup more than we want zach

the other summer we met some kids from chicago on the boardwalk, we were like yeah you guys put an end to the phlyers and then these other kids were like hey zach parise is back at our apartment we should go, and we all knew they were lying by the bloodshot eyes and dilated pupils. Then zach made a comment this year how he has never been to the jersey shore and I was like fvck yeah I told you they were lying.