Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Triumph

Has Ilya Kovalchuk Changed For The Better?

28 posts in this topic

I think it's unclear language. Kovalchuk scores goals on a higher percentage of his shots at even strength than on the 5 on 4 power play - this is pretty much an indisputable fact. The reasoning is simple enough, he's playing the point and often shooting from farther away from the net than he is at even strength. This doesn't mean he shoots 'worse', but according to the numbers, he does.

Now that, sir, makes more sense. :D

I think it's unclear language. Kovalchuk scores goals on a higher percentage of his shots at even strength than on the 5 on 4 power play - this is pretty much an indisputable fact. The reasoning is simple enough, he's playing the point and often shooting from farther away from the net than he is at even strength. This doesn't mean he shoots 'worse', but according to the numbers, he does.

Then apparently we need someone to look at those statistics and get him off the point on the PP :) - I'd be happy if he was in the location where goals #2 or #3 occurred last night more often.

Coach DeBoer's kids go to the same school as my daughter, maybe I'll sneak them a note one morning...

Then apparently we need someone to look at those statistics and get him off the point on the PP :) - I'd be happy if he was in the location where goals #2 or #3 occurred last night more often.

Coach DeBoer's kids go to the same school as my daughter, maybe I'll sneak them a note one morning...

He's still the best point man we've got though - Zidlicky is allergic to shooting and as for Greene and Fayne and Larsson, their performance speaks for itself.