Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LucifersDog

Jon Merril

10 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what Jon Merril did that caused him to sit out until January serving a suspension for breaking a team rule at University of Michigan?

If no, it is amazing that this was kept from the press, no leaks.

Does anyone know what Jon Merril did that caused him to sit out until January serving a suspension for breaking a team rule at University of Michigan?

If no, it is amazing that this was kept from the press, no leaks.

No one knows.

But he's been doing well since.

fwiw...I heard (from a Devils source who speaks to Lou from time to time) that he got into a fight while drunk at a party...no charges filed or anything.

He had 2 goals and 9 assists in 18 games.

I hope you didnt post this as being a bad thing. As a team they're 7-0 when he gets a point and 13-4 since he's returned. His impact is undeniable.

fwiw...I heard (from a Devils source who speaks to Lou from time to time) that he got into a fight while drunk at a party...no charges filed or anything.

thats the 1st time ive heard a reason

Well damn..if that's the reason...I hope he won that fight :burn:

I hope you didnt post this as being a bad thing. As a team they're 7-0 when he gets a point and 13-4 since he's returned. His impact is undeniable.

Posted as a fact without evaluation. I am hoping he comes to the Devils. My original question was to see if anyone knew anything because I know Lou doesn't like problems.

Back in my parents day it would have been the drinking that would get you suspended from a team sport at UofM. I'd guess that was the larger of the two offenses.

Back in my parents day it would have been the drinking that would get you suspended from a team sport at UofM. I'd guess that was the larger of the two offenses.

Red Berenson is even more old-school than Lou, so it very well could have been the drinking that got him suspended, the fight simply being extra.