Paging Manta!

ThreeCups

Don't care if he comes back or not, he was the first one to be added to my ever growing ignore list. I'm sick and tired of the negative the world is falling Devils fans. Not saying that we can't ever be critical of the team but some people take it to an absurd level and he is one of them.

Manta will argue back, SH will just put you on ignore.

Who would you rather havea beer with? Manta > Satans Hockey. SH probably would ignore you the whole time. :cheers:

What is the over/under on when he reappears? I am saying within 3 days of the Devils elimination from the playoffs/3 hours of the announcement of Zach Parise signing with another team...

Hopefully we win Lord Stanley and Zach resigns! Maybe he will permanently stay away then?

He'll be back for Fantasy Football at absolute worst.

I enjoyed reading Manta's posts on the subject. I'd be curious as to his thoughts regarding the current team. The jury is still WAYYYYY out on the Kovy contract, despite a few posters' attempts to gloat in this thread about it. But I remember Manta arguing that the Kovalchuk trade was also atrociously bad. I can't see that position being supported by the current evidence with respect to Oduya, Bergfors, and Cormier.

WRT an earlier poster, I'd want him back because message boards are boring without arguments. What's the point of a thread on the kovy contract where everyone is in agreement?

He'll be back for Fantasy Football at absolute worst.

That doesn't count as reappearing in 'this' part of the forum lol...but yeah I don't think he's exactly giving that up. He's still making moves in Fantasy Hockey so he hasn't literally dissapeared or anything.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I enjoyed reading Manta's posts on the subject. I'd be curious as to his thoughts regarding the current team. The jury is still WAYYYYY out on the Kovy contract, despite a few posters' attempts to gloat in this thread about it. But I remember Manta arguing that the Kovalchuk trade was also atrociously bad. I can't see that position being supported by the current evidence with respect to Oduya, Bergfors, and Cormier.

WRT an earlier poster, I'd want him back because message boards are boring without arguments. What's the point of a thread on the kovy contract where everyone is in agreement?

Yeah, regardless of how the deal turned out, even if Kovy had left as a rental, it was a gamble worth taking for sure. Bergfors' decent half-season or so made him worth his weight in gold to the Devils...he got another team to think they might have a decent prospect coming to them. Hard to believe he's an NHL washout at 25...

Manta sounds pretty cool to me.

Getting on a guy because he hated on Kovy?

I don't know the whole story but if you haven't sat back & said 'Kovalchuk sucks' at least 5 times since he's been a Devil you're lying.

He's awesome and I'm happy to have him on my team but he definitely deserves to get bashed sometimes.

Just my two cents.