Playoff Tickets

mikepeluso8

For those of us who are non STH, what do you recommend for catching a playoff game or two...

1. Stubhub?(early or wait til day of?)

2. Craigslist?

3. Scalp?

Let me know what your experiences have been and what has worked best for you in the past. I had luck in 2008? with a guy on Craigslist hooking it up with lowers for less than face, and it seems so far there are a few people out there on CL who are offering similar deals. Anyone have any words of wisdom?

Thanks!

Just bought three tickets for Game One at the BankAtlantic Center... hoping nothing changes! Go Cats tomorrow... and Philly... stop tanking. Win a game.

and I always buy on StubHub, regardless of what venue I'm going to. Had much success with the Rock and StubHub as well.

Edited by DevilsFanSteve30

Yeah I'd go TicketMaster.. Choose your seats is cool too you get the best locations now

I get the Ticketmaster thing, but I am looking for a DEAL here folks...looking for something BELOW FACE VALUE...anyone know a good place to get a deal? I am on a budget here.

Thanks

For the first round, that all depends on opponent. If we somehow wind up playing the Pens, you're SOL. If we play the Panthers, you'll be able to find discounts left and right, both from the team and on the secondary (online) market. The Caps'll be somewhere in between, you probably wouldn't have to pay much above face but there wouldn't be a lot of discounts either. I would say if you're 'only' able to catch a game or two you better try to make the first round, cause either the Devils won't advance - or they will and are likely to play the Rangers or Flyers/Pens, in which case prices really will go through the roof.

The problem with forecasting prices is the secondary market is so dramatically different from the last time the Devils opened the playoffs on the road. When we opened against Carolina at home a couple years back there were tremendously low StubHub prices for Game 1, but with more time to sell tickets beforehand I don't think they'll dip that low in this series, especially considering the first home game is Game 3 as opposed to Game 1.

Edited by NJDevs4978

For the first round, that all depends on opponent. If we somehow wind up playing the Pens, you're SOL. If we play the Panthers, you'll be able to find discounts left and right, both from the team and on the secondary (online) market. The Caps'll be somewhere in between, you probably wouldn't have to pay much above face but there wouldn't be a lot of discounts either. I would say if you're 'only' able to catch a game or two you better try to make the first round, cause either the Devils won't advance - or they will and are likely to play the Rangers or Flyers/Pens, in which case prices really will go through the roof.

The problem with forecasting prices is the secondary market is so dramatically different from the last time the Devils opened the playoffs on the road. When we opened against Carolina at home a couple years back there were tremendously low StubHub prices for Game 1, but with more time to sell tickets beforehand I don't think they'll dip that low in this series, especially considering the first home game is Game 3 as opposed to Game 1.

All good points.

I guess right now, I am assuming (perhaps prematurely) that it will be Florida Panthers. Any other scenario will throw my plan for a loop and might land be back on my couch.

Thanks for the insight.

I get the Ticketmaster thing, but I am looking for a DEAL here folks...looking for something BELOW FACE VALUE...anyone know a good place to get a deal? I am on a budget here.

Thanks

Then Stubhub the day of the game. Wait til about 2, 3pm for a 7pm start and you can get a deal. Only problem is, you might get a deal on lowers, but pay face or more for uppers.

Then Stubhub the day of the game. Wait til about 2, 3pm for a 7pm start and you can get a deal. Only problem is, you might get a deal on lowers, but pay face or more for uppers.

THERE WE GO!

What I was looking for. Good advice, I think I will try that avenue.

2 years, against Philly in the playoffs, the devils offered a deal where you would buy a 100 level seat and they would upgrade you to the lower bowl for the same price. If they have issues selling tickets against FLA, and they will, it might be worth it to wait a day or 2.

Thanks

If we draw Florida, I would say Stubhub all the way. I was able to get tickets to the first game in the Carolina series a couple seasons back on game day. And, they were $125 a piece for CLUB SEATS.

If we draw Florida, I would say Stubhub all the way. I was able to get tickets to the first game in the Carolina series a couple seasons back on game day. And, they were $125 a piece for CLUB SEATS.

Dude, there were some CRAZY Stub Hub deals for that Carolina series in 09. I sat lower for every game except game 7 (and I'm talking a handful of rows off the ice), and didn't pay more than $60 per ticket each time. There wil be some insane deals on there if we draw Florida.

Edited by MadDog2020

There's 1,900 tickets left on Ticketmaster...pretty pathetic.

Blame the Devils for jacking up prices that are more insane than the premiere games from this season. But if our guys somehow go up 2-0 don't be shocked to see those tickets gobbled up hours before game 3. Espicially since it's their first trip back in 2 years

Just bought three tickets for Game One at the BankAtlantic Center... hoping nothing changes! Go Cats tomorrow... and Philly... stop tanking. Win a game.

The thing about playing the Panthers is that we should have some solid away support! Will look good on national tv and can give our fanbase rep a nice boost.

There's 1,900 tickets left on Ticketmaster...pretty pathetic.

I dont think thats that bad considering the opponent and that we are many days away.

The thing about playing the Panthers is that we should have some solid away support! Will look good on national tv and can give our fanbase rep a nice boost.

I dont think thats that bad considering the opponent and that we are many days away.

I'm just tired of seeing those top corners empty night after night.

I was just going to post about our fan support in Florida, it should be cool. :evil:

I'm just tired of seeing those top corners empty night after night.

I was just going to post about our fan support in Florida, it should be cool. :evil:

Hell yeah! I'm bringing myself and two other friends from my ship, and forcing them to wear a Devils jersey or Devils shirt of mine smilydev.gif

Will definitely be at Game 1 & 2... and looking to enjoy the game with all my Devils brethren cause I'm sure we'll be there in numbers!

Do we have any other NJDEVS members down here in Florida planning on going to the games? (if they do in fact happen)

Edited by DevilsFanSteve30

If you think about it though, in terms of $$$ from the game, the team is making a killing even with 3,000 empty seats.. Uppers are $60 and it only gets higher from there.. A sellout is great but in the end all that really matters is how much money you make