The Official "2012 Playoffs Excitement" Thread

Colin226

A little off topic but obviously related. I was thinking of making a Kovy video instead of a playoff pump up video (last time I did we got bounced on the first round and didn't make it to the playoffs the next year). A Kovy 2012 highlight reel....would you like?

A little off topic but obviously related. I was thinking of making a Kovy video instead of a playoff pump up video (last time I did we got bounced on the first round and didn't make it to the playoffs the next year). A Kovy 2012 highlight reel....would you like?

NO

I saw some promo MSG did last night featuring Daneyko, during a repeat of a Devils/Panthers game around 9ish. Caught the very tail end, but it looked kind of cool. wish I could find it somewhere.

For what it's worth, the 'analysts' on NHL Network last night picked Devils in 6

Edited by Legion15

im really excited about the playoffs... but at the same time im so pissed at Lou for not even TRYING to approach Zach with a contract yet... first the organization doesnt look like a great place to be with the financial trouble and all... so dont play with fvcking fire and play hard to get jesus christ. If things go bad in the first round (it totally could) there's no way Zach would feel good about the association and he'd be a on down and would probably rather leave, following his emotions.

i dont care about the distractions excuse he's giving, its way bigger distraction for EVERYONE not knowing whats up with your captain / MVP when its all done with the season and the constant reminder from the media. Lou is an idiot with his old school ways and he may pay the price for this one.

that been said... NJ in 6 so they can win it in front of their fans

Edited by SterioDesign

im really excited about the playoffs... but at the same time im so pissed at Lou for not even TRYING to approach Zach with a contract yet... first the organization doesnt look like a great place to be with the financial trouble and all... so dont play with fvcking fire and play hard to get jesus christ. If things go bad in the first round (it totally could) there's no way Zach would feel good about the association and he'd be a on down and would probably rather leave, following his emotions.

i dont care about the distractions excuse he's giving, its way bigger distraction for EVERYONE not knowing whats up with your captain / MVP when its all done with the season and the constant reminder from the media. Lou is an idiot with his old school ways and he may pay the price for this one.

that been said... NJ in 6 so they can win it in front of their fans

Maybe Lou is being smart and not throwing a dump truck full of money at a player who hasn't quite been the same since coming off a knee injury.

if hes looking for big money in a big market with a cup contender than that is what the Devils are offering, now and later...

i dont know why i keep refering back to 08-09 for season similarites...for one thing jamie had similar stats as zach does now. :blink:

Maybe Lou is being smart and not throwing a dump truck full of money at a player who hasn't quite been the same since coming off a knee injury.

well if you want to have money... he's gonna have to throw some money eventually if he want to keep him thats not the point... its the point of taking a risk... to give him the opportunity to have one foot out of the door cause things went bad. At least APPROACH the guy

my predictions:

Rangers v Senators....Rangers in 5

Bruins v Capitals....Bruins in 6

Florida v Devils....Devils in 5

Penguins v Flyers...Penguins in 5

Rangers v Devils...Devils in 7

Bruins v Penguins...Penguins in 6

Penguins v Devils...Penguins in 5/6

Canucks v Kings...Canucks in 6/7

Blues v Sharks...Blues in 7

Coyotes v Blackhawks...Blackhawks in 6

Predators v Red Wings...Red Wings in 6/7

Canucks v Blackhawks...Canucks in 6/7

Blues v Red Wings...Blues in 6

Canucks v Blues...Blues in 7

Blues v Penguins...Penguins in 7

well if you want to have money... he's gonna have to throw some money eventually if he want to keep him thats not the point... its the point of taking a risk... to give him the opportunity to have one foot out of the door cause things went bad. At least APPROACH the guy

Money is currently a huge issue with the team. Investing a large amount of it in something that may not payoff isn't smart. Lou did the right thing in exercising caution and waiting to see how Zach's season played out. If Zach wants to be a Devil next year, he will be. Lou wants people here who want to be here. Its the same thing he did with Elias, Rafalski, Langenbrunner, Greene, Martin and Oduya when they became free agents. Some stayed and some went. Honestly, there's not many better places for Zach to be right now (who can afford him). Either he ends up being a Devil (at close to the same money he can get anywhere else) or he chases the cash.

I know you're one of Zach's biggest fans on here and I almost always agree with you but on this I do not... this is nothing new, it's how Lou's always done things... he waits until after the season to go about these things. The fact is, Zach will either want to stay here or he won't want to stay here. Maybe he'll get wooed by more money, maybe he'll be swayed by other extenuating circumstances, but in the end, he will make a decision in his head for himself, and it will have nothing to do with when contract talks started. Lou & JVB have stated all along that he is the #1 priority. We'll just have to wait, see what happens, and hope for the best.

I know you're one of Zach's biggest fans on here and I almost always agree with you but on this I do not... this is nothing new, it's how Lou's always done things... he waits until after the season to go about these things. The fact is, Zach will either want to stay here or he won't want to stay here. Maybe he'll get wooed by more money, maybe he'll be swayed by other extenuating circumstances, but in the end, he will make a decision in his head for himself, and it will have nothing to do with when contract talks started. Lou & JVB have stated all along that he is the #1 priority. We'll just have to wait, see what happens, and hope for the best.

well not too sure why i'd look like one of his biggest fan, to be sincere on the long run i'd put my money on Kovy instead of Zach... Kovy's shot will ALWAYS be dangerous no matter what and he's big and way stronger and producing more... Zach his our MVP and he's still my fav player but his style of play and production will go down with time, cant see him battling that hard passed 35 years old. That been said i would be upset losing him but more than 7m might be a mistake...

all im saying is that Lou is not setting himself up to have leverage with Meehan on this one at all... especially with Zach SAYING that if youre UFA in the summer... "why not wait 2 months to see whats the interest out there". I just don't see why he'd get leverage this way instead of approaching him during the season when he said he'd be willing to talk...

also yes... Lou always did things this way... GOD KNOWS what could have happen if he would have approach Scott and Brian during the season instead of waiting after the season an gave them all the time to think and consider ALL the options (which made them walk) ... like seriously ?

John Madden giving teammates info on Martin Brodeur.

My link

Not a real shocker.....but John did give Marty props.

"Marty's probably the best goalie to ever lace up his skates,'' Madden told the Sun Sentinel in Florida.

I think the facts that we've made the playoffs 20 of 22 years now and that Lou pretty much saved the team from moving is enough for me to never really question what Lou does.. The way he operates may be frustrating but it works

I am going on record the winner of the Pens/Flyers series is not winning the cup.

I think I'm with you. I really feel like whichever team comes out is gonna be worn down. It's crazy that Pitt is such a heavy favorite to win it all to a lot of analysts given the road they will have to take.

I think the facts that we've made the playoffs 20 of 22 years now and that Lou pretty much saved the team from moving is enough for me to never really question what Lou does.. The way he operates may be frustrating but it works

Yea idk why some people think they can do a better job than he can.. And people act like the guy is on the hot seat haha

Edited by Onddeck