Zubie#8

Ryane Clowe Plays Puck from Bench

20 posts in this topic

I thought this would be worthy of a thread since it will probably never happen again. If anyone missed it Ryane Clowe poked the puck away from a Kings player while on the bench. NONE of the referees saw this and the game went into overtime. Pretty incredible that he did not receive a penalty.

what a knuckle head, but I cant believe the ref's or linesman didnt see it either

thats the west coast for ya, clocks that stop running, players playing the puck from the bench !!

what a knuckle head, but I cant believe the ref's or linesman didnt see it either

thats the west coast for ya, clocks that stop running, players playing the puck from the bench !!

...and none of the referees watching the player with the puck. :doh1:

What was he thinking?! I mean Sykora tricking the refs was funny but this was not classy at all.

That was definitely deliberate. Gotta wonder what was going on in his head to try a stunt like that. There's no way he could have known the referees wouldn't see it.

Personally I think it's pathetic and juvenile. What the fvck was he thinking? And his comments just prove he did it intentionally. The Kings would have a 5 on 3. Unreal

I don't think Clowe got the message... Wrestlemania was LAST weekend. The commentator sounded like Clowe tripped a guy while he was bouncing off the ropes to land a finisher.

i think a one game suspension at least is in order. Everyone knows not to do this since they started to play organized hockey. Just like the Jet coach who did almost the same thing. This makes the game look bushleague.

Props to him. It's up to the refs to make the call. I think of it as an old football saying my dad always said: 'It's only holding if the ref throws the flag.'

i think a one game suspension at least is in order. Everyone knows not to do this since they started to play organized hockey. Just like the Jet coach who did almost the same thing. This makes the game look bushleague.

I don't think a suspension is necessary. Everyone knows not to cross-check people but sometimes they do and just get a minor penalty. This should have been a minor penalty, but the refs missed it. Oh well.

ah that's nothing, Claude used to punch guys while seated on the bench

i wouldnt of just given him a 2 minute. you dont want this to happen in a important game.