Rock

Mayor Cory Booker: Devils owner let Newark down

119 posts in this topic

Let's settle down, Booker != Chuck Norris people

You better watch out...Booker will find you, stare you down and melt you!

Too bad he couldn't stop his his case against JVB from going down in flames.

1 person likes this

http://blog.nj.com/njv_guest_blog/2012/04/jeff_vanderbeek_setting_the_re.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Jeff Vanderbeek: Setting the record straight on Cory Booker's attacks

Newark Mayor Cory Booker’s bitter, personal attack on me is something I can’t stop. He’s also called me a straight shooter and a lifelong friend. But that doesn’t matter either. Instead, what everyone must focus on are the facts he claims in his attack, and here, the mayor is so far off base that the record must be corrected.

Jeff's not much of a wordsmith... but he definitely took the high road in this debate. Who's the hi-fallutin huckster now!!@?#

Jeff's not much of a wordsmith... but he definitely took the high road in this debate. Who's the hi-fallutin huckster now!!@?#

He took three jabs at Booker (two in his first 3 paragraphs) which are unrelated to the kerfuffle at hand. I wouldn't really call that the high road.

Cue Booker response....I have a feeling this is just going to go on and on....

Well done by JVB. Booker may be able run into burning buildings and save people's lives, but he's not a good lawyer and he is quickly learning that when you have no factual basis for the story you're trying to spin, and resort to childish name-calling and over-the-top theatrics to distract from the real facts, even the biggest superhero can look foolish.

Way to bring the hammer down JVB. Booker needs to be put in his place. He is a pretty big failure as mayor and he's looking for anyone to pin blame on. I'm sure there'll be victims of his, but this will be his biggest target.

Cant they just settle this on Twitter like everyone else!!!

At least I would only have to read 140 characters at a time then!!!

"We invested $185 million to build Prudential Center"

Too bad you haven't paid any of it back yet.

City may be getting fed on the rent but it still collects a payroll tax and the pre running means people are working

I haven't 'picked a side' still, but I'm not surprised this board is anti Booker really.