Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ghdi

Fan runs into Jets coach. They talk. Fan blabs.

16 posts in this topic

That article was retarded. I don't what the fan says about how it's true, there's no way to tell and I have a real hard time believing that an NHL coach is going to give up intimate details about his team to some random dude he meets while at lunch.

And we all know how the conversation would have gone had it have been Lou.

Fan: How do think the team is going to play next year?

Lou: Status quo

Fan: What's Marty's status for next year?

Lou: Status quo

Fan: Do you think the team's strong play heading in to the playoffs will carry over?

Lou: The team's play will be status quo

Am I the only one who thought when they read the thread title, some Jets fan ran into Rex Ryan, and Rex spilled beans on in-house stuff? Because I could totally see that happening. :P

1 person likes this

Am I the only one who thought when they read the thread title, some Jets fan ran into Rex Ryan, and Rex spilled beans on in-house stuff? Because I could totally see that happening. :P

Rex Ryan would immediately pick up and eat any spilled beans.

(I say that as a jets fan. Who likes food) hahaha

I was wondering what this topic was doing in this forum. :doh1:

The one about the guy being too slow for the NHL...awkward next the coach and player meet.

Rex Ryan would immediately pick up and eat any spilled beans.

(I say that as a jets fan. Who likes food) hahaha

:rofl:

Can you imagine how fast a Devils coach would be fired if he spilled stuff like this to a fan?

Can you imagine how fast a Devils coach would be fired if he spilled stuff like this to a fan?

Fired? His body would turn up in the Hudson River. :P

You're not the only one, believe me...

If Noel wasn't drunk when he blabbed all that to a random fan, then he's got a screw loose. If it's true that is.

Edited by ben00rs

Wow, that's incredibly irresponsible journalism on the part of the author. So basically all a Jets' fan has to do is get a picture taken of himself with the Winnipeg Jets' coach, claim to have a detailed conversation with that coach, and the author will then print quotes from the alleged conversation because, hey, the fan swears it's the truth? That's beyond lame. If I'm the Jets, I blackball that guy.

Wow, that's incredibly irresponsible journalism on the part of the author. So basically all a Jets' fan has to do is get a picture taken of himself with the Winnipeg Jets' coach, claim to have a detailed conversation with that coach, and the author will then print quotes from the alleged conversation because, hey, the fan swears it's the truth? That's beyond lame. If I'm the Jets, I blackball that guy.

I find it a little suspect as well, unless the team or coach ended up admitting that it happened.

Not only that, the coach is saying things and this guy is writing them down? Wouldn't the coach think, 'Hey, maybe I shouldn't be talking to this guy'? Why didn't the coach sign the written record of his conversation afterwards?

Edited by Triumph

Not only that, the coach is saying things and this guy is writing them down? Wouldn't the coach think, 'Hey, maybe I shouldn't be talking to this guy'? Why didn't the coach sign the written record of his conversation afterwards?

Could be wrong, but the way I read it, the guy wasn't actually writing anything during the conversation, he merely wrote a summary of what he remembered afterward. Either way, I agree that the story is pretty far fetched. Most likely the encounter did happen, but the details of what the coach actually talked about are greatly exaggerated.

Edited by iamtheprodigy

Could be wrong, but the way I read it, the guy wasn't actually writing anything during the conversation, he merely wrote a summary of what he remembered afterward. Either way, I agree that the story is pretty far fetched. Most likely the encounter did happen, but the details of what the coach actually talked about are greatly exaggerated.

Well, the journalist didn't do much to point out to the readers that there's is a high possibility this is not true.