Hopefully that is the last time Brodeur sees the ice as a Devil

'7'

I can't take it anymore with his choke-a-riffic bullcrap. He's held this team back for so long...from Matteau (x2) to Laukkanen to Jagr putting one through him in 1999 game 6 to Markov game 5 Flyers 2004, Staal game 4 rangers 2008, the epic choke to carolina 2009, being outplayed by the Ray Emery's, Brian Bouchers and Robery Esche's of the world. He is FINISHED, DONE. A has been who was aided by the trap far too long and never an elite puckstopper in the Hasek/Roy mold (as you might think he would be by looking at his stats)

Now I'm not sure Hedberg is the answer...he's just a backup, maybe a hair better than Brodeur at this point. But to blow this series to the stinking offensively punchless panthers would be the last straw. Pack your bags and retire Marty...or go chase win #700 in some other sweater, because we can't carry your sorry ass any longer.

this team is just flat out fvcked in net. No faith in Brodeur, and I doubt Hedberg is going to be Cam Ward like in relief. Meanwhile Clemmenson or whatever scarecrow the Panthers put in net will prob magically morph into a brick wall

Edited by '7'

I've been saying it for a couple years now but you always end up getting killed by the Marty fanboys. Brodeur has been living on reputation since the lockout. I can't stand the soft goals anymore. You know why Clemmensen looks so damn good? Because he's a terrific technical goaltender who doesn't get lazy or arrogant in his stance or defending against a shooter. Brodeur has been vastly overpaid the last few years as it is. I don't even want him back at vet minimum, as the Devils have reached the point where they need to build the team for the next five years rather than chasing the previous five. Fans need to learn when to disassociate themselves from a legend, because that's all Brodeur is anymore. A legend of Devils past who seems to have way too much sway in how Lou handles the Devils year in and year out.

The Devils need to get younger as well. They've been getting outskated so damn often, especially in rushes into their own zone.

They are the oldest team in the playoffs by average age. Salvador and Sykora can join Marty in filing their retirement papers. Sykora is hands down the slowest player on the ice, with Clarkson a close second.

But hey on the bright side at least we won't have to deal with the humiliation of losing to the Rags in round 2 this year...because I think finishing out your career by sitting on your ass as we meekly bow out to Clemmensen and the Panthers is a heckuva lot better than being serenaded by Maaaarty chants in your own building as you stand there bewildered after giving up a backbreaking 40ft wrist shot goal to Anton Stralman in game 5.

The deciding goal was allowed by Johan Hedberg. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

You can't be serious. The first two goals had no business happening.

The trolling that was going to come from this was obvious but Marty was awful. Simply being average would have been sufficient tonight.

The trolling that was going to come from this was obvious but Marty was awful. Simply being average would have been sufficient tonight.

We don't know that for sure, but we can say that being not awful would've helped, at the very least.

I don't know how he has this great run from January on, and now he's back to 2008 Rangers series Marty. It's mind boggling, frustrating... And '7', while I love Broduer... What you say has a lot of merit right now. I can't take his playoff Mr. Softee garbage anymore.

This won't sit too well around here I imagine...

TG https://twitter.com/#!/TGfireandice/status/192436635001028609

"DeBoer said Brodeur will start Game 4"

This isn't a surprise. Brodeur was terrible but to be honest Moose didn't look that much better. Have to just go with him again and hope for the best. I don't know about next season, but for now, Brodeur just has to be better.

The point is that Marty did not single-handedly lose this game tonight. There were 19 other people in Devils uniforms tonight, one person did not lose a team game. And yes, I will continue to be pedantic and point out that he was pulled when the score was TIED.

I can't take it anymore with his choke-a-riffic bullcrap. He's held this team back for so long...from Matteau (x2) to Laukkanen to Jagr putting one through him in 1999 game 6 to Markov game 5 Flyers 2004, Staal game 4 rangers 2008, the epic choke to carolina 2009, being outplayed by the Ray Emery's, Brian Bouchers and Robery Esche's of the world. He is FINISHED, DONE. A has been who was aided by the trap far too long and never an elite puckstopper in the Hasek/Roy mold (as you might think he would be by looking at his stats)

Now I'm not sure Hedberg is the answer...he's just a backup, maybe a hair better than Brodeur at this point. But to blow this series to the stinking offensively punchless hurricanes would be the last straw. Pack your bags and retire Marty...or go chase win #700 in some other sweater, because we can't carry your sorry ass any longer.

this team is just flat out fvcked in net. No faith in Brodeur, and I doubt Hedberg is going to be Cam Ward like in relief. Meanwhile Clemmenson or whatever scarecrow the Panthers put in net will prob magically morph into a brick wall

What are you saying......No more .....Martys Better Chants.

I am disgusted, HOW can Marty blame Anton on that ridiculous rebound that came flying at him, and then he gives up a terrible goal to Berrgenhiem. What a disgrace, this is the final straw for me, first the Rangers, then Carolina, then outplayed by Boucher and now FLORIDA. I am done. I do not want him to come back next year.

Marty looks done. He's certainly not reliable, or predictable, though he had moments down the stretch where he looked like the Marty of old. I can't ignore what he's done for us. Even in that hellish Canes series, we never get to game 7 without Marty standing on his head in game 5. I've defended Marty a lot recently, and I'm willing to concede that some of my arguments have been dead wrong, but I refuse to ignore a brilliant career. Maybe he wasn't as good as Roy, but he belongs in the discussion. For reasons I have articulated in other threads, I certainly take him over Hasek. There's no time for sentiment in the playoffs, but a true fan gives credit where it's due. We complain about softies, but he has the all time shutout record, so he's certainly played plenty of games without giving up a softie. We say it was the trap, or the d, but post lockout, he played in front of a sh!t d for years, and typically looked brilliant. We complain about his postseason performance, but ignore a progressively weaker group of teammates, and forget about the 3 cups, including one (2003) we had no business winning, and don't sniff without him. I would argue this is the first time since the lockout Marty's played for a decent team, and many of those guys shat the bed tonight as well. Do I believe that Marty was the worst player on the ice? Yes. Do I believe we would have won if we'd started the Moose? Yes. Would I feel better about game 4 rolling the Moose? Shockingly, considering my past opinions, yes. Do I believe that a couple of sh!t games during the last couple of years of his career destroy a legacy that was years in the making? No.

It's tough to watch a superstar decline. For years, Marty (with a ton of help from Stevens, Nieds and Dano for much of the run) spoiled us in a way very few fans have ever been spoiled. Eventually, he became average. Now, he is below average, and probably should have retired 2 years ago. It sucks to watch him struggle, and it sucks to have to fight the urge to boo him because he's earned it, or fight the urge not to because he's dragging the team down. It certainly doesn't help that there have been moments (Volch tonight, even though Volch has been crap all series) where Marty hasn't aged gracefully, to say the least. I've never had to live through this process before. The only true superstars I've rooted for long enough to really get attached were Derek Jeter (still looking good), Mariano Rivera (still dominant), Michael Strahan (retired after brilliant superbowl and very good last season), Stevens (didn't come back for the awkward, post concussion years), Nieds (left in prime), and Marty. I'm going to try to stay classy, no matter how pissed I get, and I think we should do the same. That's not saying we can't objectively bitch, because there are any number of reasons to do so, but it isn't fair to Marty, or to our memories, to discount the greatness we witnessed.

Edited by mouse

Did you guys see the interview or are you just going off TG's tweets (if the latter, check his most recent ones)? He did not throw Volchenkov under the bus. He was asked if the long shot fooled him and he said no, that he tried to kick it to Volchenkov but it didn't work. That's it. Marty was bad tonight and I'm frustrated too but don't twist what he's saying to fit your narrative.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1MyO4qmXkc

Edited by iamtheprodigy