Hopefully that is the last time Brodeur sees the ice as a Devil

'7'

Nice to see Marty threw Volchenkov under the bus for the first goal. IMO that's the final straw. Could you see Stevens ever pulling crap like that.

Did you guys see the interview or are you just going off TG's tweets (if the latter, check his most recent ones)? He did not throw Volchenkov under the bus. He was asked if the long shot fooled him and he said no, that he tried to kick it to Volchenkov but it didn't work. That's it. Marty was bad tonight and I'm frustrated too but don't twist what he's saying to fit your narrative.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1MyO4qmXkc

video doesn't make me feel better.

correct answer "i wanted to put the rebound to my defenseman but in the end it was the wrong play that i made. i have to be smarter than that."

whether you believe it or not, that's the right answer. elias took the entire loss on himself because of his dumb penalty but he scored a goal and was pretty good for most of the game. that's what a leader does.

marty's responses to the media are disgusting. you can't sugar coat it.

Did you guys see the interview or are you just going off TG's tweets (if the latter, check his most recent ones)? He did not throw Volchenkov under the bus. He was asked if the long shot fooled him and he said no, that he tried to kick it to Volchenkov but it didn't work. That's it. Marty was bad tonight and I'm frustrated too but don't twist what he's saying to fit your narrative.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1MyO4qmXkc

Looks like he completely shaved off the playoff beard.

And in all honesty who really gives a sh!t about what he says to a bunch of journalist clowns? I sure as hell don't.

Yeah I agree with that. As with Elias taking all the blame, does it really matter? Obviously it wasn't all his fault and I'm sure his teammates don't think so either... It's just the cliche typical response to the media.

Yeah I agree with that. As with Elias taking all the blame, does it really matter? Obviously it wasn't all his fault and I'm sure his teammates don't think so either... It's just the cliche typical response to the media.

It's always been one of my gripes about him.

He did not take any responsibility though. Of course the soft goals he allowed killed the team, it is extremely deflating. Even on my hockey team it sucks when the goalie gives up a softie it is just a terrible feeling. Imagine it three times in a six minute span in the playoffs, not fun.

Edited by Zubie#8

He did not take any responsibility though. Of course the soft goals he allowed killed the team, it is extremely deflating. Even on my hockey team it sucks when the goalie gives up a softie it is just a terrible feeling. Imagine it three times in a six minute span in the playoffs, not fun.

and he could have easily taken the blame in the locker room after the game to the guys. Not everything that is said in the locker room makes it out to the press.

I agree that Marty is a few year's past his prime. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks coulda woulda shoulda about riding Clemmer into the playoffs a few seasons ago.

However, we can't put the blame all squarely on Marty. Name me a D Man we've had since Rafalski left that we could point to and say "He's our number 1 D-Man."

In addition, name me one person not named Elias, Kovalchuk or Clarkson who really seems to give extra effort when we play the Rags or when we reach the postseason.

Edited by CarpathianForest

Brodeur has ALWAYS been like this with the media.

He never takes responsibility for his own mistakes.

Yes he played terrible tonight, and yes his career as the unquestioned #1 is probably over, but this is just not true.

Many times last year he was saying he needed to play better when team struggled in the beginning of the season, and also saying Moose should be playing if Moose was playing better than him. I know everyone is spitting venom and looking to vilify Marty for everything that's gone wrong (and he definitely has been a big part of it) but this lackluster playoff stuff is running throughout the whole team.

Where are the people who were saying hedberg can't give us a good chance to go deep? He sure as hell can give us just as good a chance, if not better, than brodeur. Moose gives us our best chance.

Edited by devlman

The point is that there are teams in the playoffs who suck like us sometimes - they can still win because their goalie's shut it down.

Edit: it gets better: Brodeur doesn't know why he was pulled: http://blogs.northje.../blogs/fireice/

Brodeur said he was “a little bit surprised” to be pulled at that time.

“I think you don’t expect when you’re not losing the game yet to get pulled, but I don’t know exactly what (DeBoer) was thinking,” he said. “I’m sure there was a reason.”

denial? AND he blames Volch for goal 1 and claims he couldn't see goal 2.

Edited by ben00rs

Marty is my all-time favorite player and one of the best goalies to ever play the game. I idolized him as a kid and still love him. HOWEVER...he played awful tonight, and it's becoming more and more obvious that he just doesn't have it anymore. Was the loss 100% his fault? No, but he certainly played a huge role in blowing the lead.

I disagree with the decision to start him in Game 4. Even in the regular season, I trusted Moose more, and I would love to see him play a full playoff game. If Moose was in net from the start tonight, we win 3-1 or 3-2. I don't think it's very likely that Moose can lead us to the Cup, but I'd put money on the fact that he would get us deeper than Brodeur.

I'm not going to beat a dead horse and mention all of the terrible playoff goals he's given up since 2003, but anyone who denies that Brodeur isn't a weak playoff goalie these days is wearing blinders.

Again...I am a huge Brodeur fan and I appreciate everything he has done for this team over the years, but right now his play (and his attitude) is hurting the team. His post-game interview is awful. He comes off as a whiny prima donna who refuses to man up and take ANY blame. He pins the loss on everybody but himself. Plus he shaved his beard off like a little girl who didn't get her way.

Hedberg, on the other hand? When asked what went wrong on the fourth goal, he simply replies, "The puck went in."

That's what I want to hear...a goalie who can admit his mistake and move on. Man up Marty. You played poorly, just admit it and check your ego.

Edited by JWomp

Brodeur usually shaves it because it becomes an issue with his mask. It's not an underhanded tactic.

As far as Moose saying, "The puck went in"; that's not a mea culpa. He didn't really say anything where he blamed himself.

The point is, Moose didn't make any excuses. Marty's answer would've been something along the lines of "I was screened" or "my defenseman deflected it by me." Moose just owns up to it and moves on.

And Marty has grown facial hair for international tournaments before and it never bothered him with his mask then!

Edited by JWomp

and he could have easily taken the blame in the locker room after the game to the guys. Not everything that is said in the locker room makes it out to the press.

Elias at least took the ****ing blame for taking the penalty in the first place. Funny how Marty can't do the same when he screwed that goal up from soup to nuts, not controlling another long rebound then letting another shortside goal in. That was Volchenkov's fault how???

And Rowdy, really? Hedberg's goal was the only one of the four that wasn't the goalie's fault. This was a Goldberg from the Mighty Ducks-type awful performance.

So it sounds better when you publicly throw someone else under the bus and privately take the blame? That's a bit cowardly. If anything it would have been better if he publicly took the blame and ripped Volch behind closed doors if he had an issue with him.