Hopefully that is the last time Brodeur sees the ice as a Devil

'7'

Elias at least took the ****ing blame for taking the penalty in the first place.

This. And you know sh!t is fvcked when the only player that is actually playing like a star for you is taking blame.

I honestly can't believe Marty did that to Volch.

Edited by ben00rs

Well, Volch did suck ass on that play and has sucked ass since they've dropped the puck on that series. I'm still not sure how someone gets behind you there. That was not a good game, the pull was justified. Of course the flip side is that you'll get massive historical overreactions like the OP, as if we should have won 12 cups between 1994 and 2009, but anyway...

This. And you know sh!t is fvcked when the only player that is actually playing like a star for you is taking blame.

I honestly can't believe Marty did that to Volch.

I honestly can't believe people still think that Marty completely blamed Volchenkov for the first goal. He didn't completely throw himself under the bus like Elias, but he didn't say "Man Volchy really dropped the ball on that one" either. There is no implication of blame. He was just answering the question that was asked of him.

Well, Volch did suck ass on that play and has sucked ass since they've dropped the puck on that series. I'm still not sure how someone gets behind you there. That was not a good game, the pull was justified. Of course the flip side is that you'll get massive historical overreactions like the OP, as if we should have won 12 cups between 1994 and 2009, but anyway...

The point is not whether Marty was right or not but the fact that it wasn't right to do that - what purpose does it serve? And if you watch the video of him saying it, Marty is visible cranky and is on edge and ready to deflect all blame. Something wrong there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1MyO4qmXkc&feature=context&context=G2b69c73FUAAAAAAAFAA

vs.

How long have you followed them? He's always been a bad losing interview. Elias says the right thing and then seethes inside.

No different than in 2000 with Boucher.

At least someone is backhandedly wondering why Volch is out there. I dunno what the hell he's playing with but I hope it's not what I think it is. Well, if it was, when he got run in the 3rd, that should be the end of that.

How long have you followed them? He's always been a bad losing interview. Elias says the right thing and then seethes inside.

No different than in 2000 with Boucher.

At least someone is backhandedly wondering why Volch is out there. I dunno what the hell he's playing with but I hope it's not what I think it is. Well, if it was, when he got run in the 3rd, that should be the end of that.

A long time. The issue now is that it is his fault for a lot of the stuff and that makes all the difference. That along with the fact that we haven't made it out of the first round in what 6 years? It's like Marty, you're not the center piece of a dynasty anymore and right now this team needs a lot more out of you. But he is busy blaming Volchenkov and a non-existent screen.

A long time. The issue now is that it is his fault for a lot of the stuff and that makes all the difference. That along with the fact that we haven't made it out of the first round in what 6 years? It's like Marty, you're not the center piece of a dynasty anymore and right now this team needs a lot more out of you. But he is busy blaming Volchenkov and a non-existent screen.

Volch has been out for 9 of the 10 goals against. The third goal was awful and the 1st was a poor decision by someone who does now play the butterfly and shouldn't get cute on those. Volch still fvcked it up, probably because he doesn't even know where he is. Keep in mind he's playing 12 minutes a game and has been out for 9 of 10 goals.

There's more to it than goaltending, the game ended with both backups in and neither starter took a loss. Cats fans would have been complaining about Threeorfour's lack of composure if the game went the other way, and ignored the putrid start they got off to. Devils fans will complain about Marty and then ignore that the game balanced out at 4-3 and then they didn't do a damn thing until about 3:30 was left in the game. They went flat even when the game was 3-0. This was a team sh!tfest.

Volch has been out for 9 of the 10 goals against. The third goal was awful and the 1st was a poor decision by someone who does now play the butterfly and shouldn't get cute on those. Volch still fvcked it up, probably because he doesn't even know where he is. Keep in mind he's playing 12 minutes a game and has been out for 9 of 10 goals.

There's more to it than goaltending, the game ended with both backups in and neither starter took a loss. Cats fans would have been complaining about Threeorfour's lack of composure if the game went the other way, and ignored the putrid start they got off to. Devils fans will complain about Marty and then ignore that the game balanced out at 4-3 and then they didn't do a damn thing until about 3:30 was left in the game. They went flat even when the game was 3-0. This was a team sh!tfest.

I don't disagree with you. In fact I think that was well said. My issue again lies in the trivial - the comments.

There is something up with Volchenkov, I've heard some speculate he's injured. Along with that our whole team was pretty bad tonight outside of Patrik Elias. I made a post earlier: it's like they play hard for the first 10 minutes, they give up until they're losing and then semi-wake up for the rest of the game. Not a great way to play hockey but as I've been arguin over and over again; something we've been doing for a while now.

My only question, that no one seems to be able to answer, because they're too busy denying our up and down play, is why the hell we play like this sometimes. i.e. Why does a player like Kovy suck so bad on any given day and at any given time.

Did Brodeur look awful tonight ? Yes he did, but honestly I don't think the fault is on him alone.

We stopped playing, stopped giving those punishing checks that really seemed to destabilize this Panther team. We stopped putting energy and started piling up penalties on penalties and the special teams especially the PK were awful, giving too much space for the Panthers to move the puck freely.

They woke up in the middle of the 3rd period when it was already too late.

I agree Brodeur was far from being good, but until this team starts playing 60 minutes with the same level of energy and aggressiveness, the goaltending will be a problem that wont even matter.

Did Brodeur look awful tonight ? Yes he did, but honestly I don't think the fault is on him alone.

We stopped playing, stopped giving those punishing checks that really seemed to destabilize this Panther team. We stopped putting energy and started piling up penalties on penalties and the special teams especially the PK were awful, giving too much space for the Panthers to move the puck freely.

They woke up in the middle of the 3rd period when it was already too late.

I agree Brodeur was far from being good, but until this team starts playing 60 minutes with the same level of energy and aggressiveness, the goaltending will be a problem that wont even matter.

I think most would agree with this sentiment, including myself - as I have said.

I don't disagree with you. In fact I think that was well said. My issue again lies in the trivial - the comments.

There is something up with Volchenkov, I've heard some speculate he's injured. Along with that our whole team was pretty bad tonight outside of Patrik Elias. I made a post earlier: it's like they play hard for the first 10 minutes, they give up until they're losing and then semi-wake up for the rest of the game. Not a great way to play hockey but as I've been arguin over and over again; something we've been doing for a while now.

My only question, that no one seems to be able to answer, because they're too busy denying our up and down play, is why the hell we play like this sometimes. i.e. Why does a player like Kovy suck so bad on any given day and at any given time.

They didn't even wake up until there were about two minutes left. They were still in catatonic shock from what happened earlier, but even before Marty started giving the game away their attack went to **it. They had like one shot from when Clemmensen came in until the end of the first? To think he got the second star without doing anything until the final two minutes...please.

And the premise that Marty's publicly wondering whether Volch is out there, I'm now wondering whether some of them are thinking why Marty is still out there?

I don't need to say a thing regarding this thread it says it all. I was just early, years ago, recognizing his weakness and posted my comments. It is sad to see him go out this way and having fans speak negative about him. But then he isn't leaving unfortunately, he will be back next season if there is a season.

Wow, you guys are really Devils fans? Marty may not have been at his best, but to direct so much venom at him borders on stupidity. Have we forgotten how good looked most of the season? Also, for those calling him a choker, do you not know Devils history??? This guy is arguably the best goalie in NHL history. You can't put all the blame on Marty for last night or even most of this series. Volchenkov has been brutal. I also heard an interesting stat before yesterday's game, the Devils are dead last of all playoff teams in shots blocked. Our penalty kill has been awful, and our power play for the most part, look completely unorganized. In other words, in the one area the Devils excelled this season, special teams, they have been awful. These cheap shots at Marty are mind boggling.

Brodeur needs to retire after this season. Pure and simple. It's probably two years later than it should have happened anyway. Even if he says he wants to come back, somebody needs to step in and say that the Devils need to move forward and look elsewhere for a goalie.

And people who want to bring Brodeur back even as a 1b backup type are clueless. He's 40 years old and will be 41 if he comes back next year. That's a losing situation for the team and Brodeur. Brodeur is finished. If Brodeur is tied at the hip with Lou, then they both can go as far as I'm concerned. This idea that because they helped bring three Cups to NJ gives them a lifetime contract or pass from being told when it's time to go, is what helps breed or rather pave the way for a lost period of hockey for many teams where they can't properly build a roster.

This roster needs a makeover, whether or not Parise comes back. The future needs to be built with a new goalie and a younger group of players that are hungry and fast.

Brodeur needs to retire after this season. Pure and simple. It's probably two years later than it should have happened anyway. Even if he says he wants to come back, somebody needs to step in and say that the Devils need to move forward and look elsewhere for a goalie.

And people who want to bring Brodeur back even as a 1b backup type are clueless. He's 40 years old and will be 41 if he comes back next year. That's a losing situation for the team and Brodeur. Brodeur is finished. If Brodeur is tied at the hip with Lou, then they both can go as far as I'm concerned. This idea that because they helped bring three Cups to NJ gives them a lifetime contract or pass from being told when it's time to go, is what helps breed or rather pave the way for a lost period of hockey for many teams where they can't properly build a roster.

This roster needs a makeover, whether or not Parise comes back. The future needs to be built with a new goalie and a younger group of players that are hungry and fast.

This roster just got a makeover. I mean, here's who played in the last playoff loss to Philadelphia:

Kovalchuk, Elias, Parise, Zajac, Zubrus, Clarkson, Greene, Salvador, Brodeur. Okay, so Salvador is probably gone at the end of the year. Who else is going?

This roster just got a makeover. I mean, here's who played in the last playoff loss to Philadelphia:

Kovalchuk, Elias, Parise, Zajac, Zubrus, Clarkson, Greene, Salvador, Brodeur. Okay, so Salvador is probably gone at the end of the year. Who else is going?

Next post-season in 2013 is going to be the real interesting one, Elias, Zajac, Zubrus, and Clarkson are all ufas next year. That combined with the fact that Brodeur and Parise could be gone this year makes for some interesting next few seasons.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Wow, you guys are really Devils fans? Marty may not have been at his best, but to direct so much venom at him borders on stupidity. Have we forgotten how good looked most of the season? Also, for those calling him a choker, do you not know Devils history??? This guy is arguably the best goalie in NHL history. You can't put all the blame on Marty for last night or even most of this series. Volchenkov has been brutal. I also heard an interesting stat before yesterday's game, the Devils are dead last of all playoff teams in shots blocked. Our penalty kill has been awful, and our power play for the most part, look completely unorganized. In other words, in the one area the Devils excelled this season, special teams, they have been awful. These cheap shots at Marty are mind boggling.

Welcome to njdevs.com, land of very short memories.

Yeah, we have our fair share of Marty-bashers and Marty-haters out there. It is what it is.

Goalie is the biggest area. Both Brodeur and Hedberg should be thanked and the Devils move on. Salvador and Sykora should also not be brought back. It's time to give a shot to Urbom and Gelinas. If we can shake off a defenseman for a useful forward, I would do it, but I doubt Tallinder or Volchenkov have much value. I'm not sure I look to bring Ponikarovsky back unless I'm desperate for size and he's willing to stay for really cheap. After a nice stretch after he was acquired, he's been invisible the last couple of weeks. I also don't want to see Stephen Gionta on this team next year.

The only thing keeping me going right now is Brodeur's track record in bounce-back games. Especially in the playoffs. He knows he sh!t the bed in Game 3, so expect a big game from him in Game 4. DeBoer knows this as well or he would have committed to Hedberg.

The most frightening thing to me is not knowing how the forwards and defensemen will respond. I know how mentally taxing a loss like that can be, particularly during the playoffs. The series is only 2-1 -- a win tomorrow and it's a brand new one. If that's not enough to motivate the troops, then they deserve to pack up early.

I'm trying my best to remain optimistic, but nonetheless I'm nervous about being in the building tomorrow for my first playoff game since the incident in 2009.

Goalie is the biggest area. Both Brodeur and Hedberg should be thanked and the Devils move on. Salvador and Sykora should also not be brought back. It's time to give a shot to Urbom and Gelinas. If we can shake off a defenseman for a useful forward, I would do it, but I doubt Tallinder or Volchenkov have much value. I'm not sure I look to bring Ponikarovsky back unless I'm desperate for size and he's willing to stay for really cheap. After a nice stretch after he was acquired, he's been invisible the last couple of weeks. I also don't want to see Stephen Gionta on this team next year.

http://capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=20

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong cause I don't generally follow the cap stuff but according to cap geek we are going to have 1 million bucks off the cap next season for guys who were buyouts. $166,667 for that waste of space Andrew Peters and $833,333 for Pandolfo and are we really paying $666,667 to Trent Hunter until the 2014-2015 season? That's insane.

If the above is true it will be nice to have 1 million off the books.

Edited by Satans Hockey

http://capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=20

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong cause I don't generally follow the cap stuff but according to cap geek we are going to have 1 million bucks off the cap next season for guys who were buyouts. $166,667 for that waste of space Andrew Peters and $833,333 for Pandolfo and are we really paying $666,667 to Trent Hunter until the 2014-2015 season? That's insane.

If the above is true it will be nice to have 1 million off the books.

wrt construction of next year's team, the cap is really not of any concern. with the state of the devils finances, i can't imagine them being anywhere near it anyway.

as disgusted as i am with last night's game, it is way premature to begin thinking about next year's roster.

wrt construction of next year's team, the cap is really not of any concern. with the state of the devils finances, i can't imagine them being anywhere near it anyway.

as disgusted as i am with last night's game, it is way premature to begin thinking about next year's roster.

Well even so with the state of the Devils finances it's still a good thing not to have to pay a million bucks to guys who aren't even here.