Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Devils Pride 26

GDT: 4/19/12, Game 4 Quarterfinals (3) FLA @ (6) NJD

248 posts in this topic

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone else think of the Lawnmower Man every time they see Kris Versteeg's scraggly golden locks?

Kris+Versteeg+Florida+Panthers+v+Colorado+SY9FSRtOjGUl.jpg

tumblr_l0itjhOjGm1qambwz.gif

Dammit! I was thinking about getting one but thought it was just going to be the Skrlac, Driver, Marshall and Daneyko group.

My friend got Chris McAlpine.

I got Richard fvckin' Matvichuk.

Yeahhh I totally wasted $20 last night. Hah.

I know they aren't used in the playoffs, but a few Philly or Ranger games without a decent heavyweight will get ugly. Once again, it's a part of momentum and emotion in a game, so there's no spreadsheet for it.

Having a heavyweight who literally can't play hockey does more harm than good in the end, as we got reminded time and again this year.

I was at the game last night . It was amazing, and electrifying. The crowd was going nuts, we definitely came back to prove a point. We are a force to be reckoned with.

Marty B. turned back time and played like the true pro he is.

We've hit a very interesting point in this series. I hope our boys show face on Saturday.

I should point out that I value and respect Tri's stuff, too. There's a lot of work involved in what he does. However, I just feel that there's an additional emotional part to sports that can't be statistically followed.

In fairness, it's not really "Tri's" stuff...it's stuff other people with a LOT of time on their hands have come up with, that he posts links to and/or expands upon, but I give him credit for making people aware of different ways to evaluate players...what he posts makes for good thought. The stuff he's helped to make fans on this site aware of isn't the kind of stuff you'll find just anywhere, especially on ESPN-type sites. I find myself wishing I could hear a little more of Tri the hockey fan and less of Tri Nye the Hockey Science Guy at times, but then he probably wouldn't be Triumph.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone else think of the Lawnmower Man every time they see Kris Versteeg's scraggly golden locks?

Not bad, but I get Yahoo Serious vibes from him...

movie_haircuts_7.jpg

Not bad, but I get Yahoo Serious vibes from him...

OMG, forgot about this movie. I don't think I was ever able to sit through it.

How great was that win last night?!!! I think it was something we ALL needed to see happen., especially coming off of the previous two games.

Of course, it's not like the Devs dominated each period. But still, for the most part, their heads were in it the whole game. It was the 60-minute effort some of us were looking for.

A truly solid effort!

In fairness, it's not really "Tri's" stuff...it's stuff other people with a LOT of time on their hands have come up with, that he posts links to and/or expands upon, but I give him credit for making people aware of different ways to evaluate players...what he posts makes for good thought. The stuff he's helped to make fans on this site aware of isn't the kind of stuff you'll find just anywhere, especially on ESPN-type sites. I find myself wishing I could hear a little more of Tri the hockey fan and less of Tri Nye the Hockey Science Guy at times, but then he probably wouldn't be Triumph.

Yeah, agreed. I just didn't want to come off like I was dismissing it. I just feel there's a place for that and that there's also a place in sport when people just have to go with their gut. Emotion, psychology, etc, that stuff all plays in as well.

On a double side note does anyone know if SammyK mowed his lawn yet this series?

1 person likes this

Yeah, agreed. I just didn't want to come off like I was dismissing it. I just feel there's a place for that and that there's also a place in sport when people just have to go with their gut. Emotion, psychology, etc, that stuff all plays in as well.

Yeah, agree completely...I try to stay somewhere in the middle, between the emotion/gut and the science. I'll never be the type who acts like every game is a winnable entity, so I don't lose my mind over every loss...and out of all of the losses I've seen that are supposed to "backbreakers", few of them really turn out to be as such. But I get plenty pissed over some of them...Game 3 was a rough one for sure.

Marty B. turned back time and played like the true pro he is.

We've hit a very interesting point in this series. I hope our boys show face on Saturday.

i dont really care myself but your avatar is an issue.

Bernier is Booooooooooooooooooosssssssssss...were rolling 4 solid lines

Deb is growing a nice playoff beard too

Edited by lazer

I must say that Marty had his best playoff game in a few years last night. If he plays that way in game 5 we will move on to the next round.

i dont really care myself but your avatar is an issue.

Bernier is Booooooooooooooooooosssssssssss...were rolling 4 solid lines

Deb is growing a nice playoff beard too

how so?

Ya so I didn't watch any of them game last glad we won. But if they r going to win without me watching them. Then I guess I can't watch them until the 2nd round game 1. Then after that stop and then repeat. It's all about my superstition hahaha

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?gooeyk

how so?

He means because avatars with the Cup displayed in them are taboo around here during the postseason.

On a double side note does anyone know if SammyK mowed his lawn yet this series?

On a triple side note, has anyone even seen SammyK lately?

He means because avatars with the Cup displayed in them are taboo around here during the postseason.

Gotcha! Let me change it to a pic from a game... I always loved that pic of Niedermayer and the cup.