GDT: 4/21/12, Game 5 Quarterfinals (6) NJD @ (3) FLA

Devils Pride 26

Stay positive guys, we just raped them a game ago. This is goin 7. This is the one team I didn't wanna face. If we beat Florida then hello eastern conference finals!

Huh? :lol: Florida is awful. They've done nothing in this series at even strength. Their goaltending is not an advantage over ours. So why exactly would this be our toughest matchup? Just rationalization at this point. There's alot of much tougher matchups still alive. sh!t everyone they could potentially play in the second round, down to Washington, is a tougher to much tougher matchup.

This is the answer to last year's Preds/Ducks series. Two losers matched up where someone has to win.

Another pathetic performance. I do NOT like our chances on Tuesday. No guts, no sense of urgency, no leadership. If I'm VBK I come out publicly and give an ultimatum: come back and win this series or Lou's fired. I'm serious. How much more of this crap are we gonna take year after year?

Kinda hard to get fired by an owner who might not even own the team anymore.

If Pete DeBonehead doesn't change the lines now, he never will. Zajac is invisible. And I forgot Ponikarovsky was on this team.

Nah it'd be just a regular season gm

jesus h, i forgot about ponikarovsky as well. that says something right there. people can complain about kovalchuk all they want as he's the focal point, but ponikarovsky has earned a thank you for your contributions but were going in another direction speech when this ends. thats too bad as he really was a great acquistion in the reg season.

Lou's not the only one that should go when they lose Tuesday. This needs to be a complete bloodletting, this series is the biggest embarassment in an entire post-lockout full of embarassments.

If they lose on Tuesday, Lou will give his usual, "There are no necessary changes for this team. We just need to play better" speech to the press and around and around we go. All the veterans like Elias, Zajac, Marty, and Zubrus will be back next year and it'll be the same bullshiit. I think my beer buzz is starting to wear off now. I've really nothing left to say. Goodbye. Goodnight.

I pity any of you that are going to pay good $$$ to watch another crushing series end in the Rock on Tues.

A real statement would be an empty building on Tuesday - maybe the franchise would get the message.

Status Quo. That's what we always hear from Lou. If the Devils lose at home on Tuesday, Vanderbeek needs to show some cajones and tell Lou and Marty it's time for the team to go in a new direction and bring in some outside perspective.

Kinda hard to get fired by an owner who might not even own the team anymore.

Immaterial. He still owns the team until he sells his share. He can call the shots. He doesn't have to clear anything with the other 48% or the league.

Holy sh!t!

If this board was a person they would have been sectioned and placed in asylum a long time ago!

As bad as that was its still only 3-2. Anyone remember how we played Thursday?

Jesus.

People just see the writing on the wall. Its not so much that they lost, its the manner in which they did. Devils simply arent playing playoff hockey on a consistent basis. Its a recipe for disaster.

I pity any of you that are going to pay good $$$ to watch another crushing series end in the Rock on Tues.

A real statement would be an empty building on Tuesday - maybe the franchise would get the message.

Losing tuesday, plus parise leaving, the ownership situation, and god forbid the rangers win the cup....well the franchise will get the message along with an empty building.

Edited by hockey3893498

Our captain just said they "didn't compete hard enough". Are. You. Kidding. Me. Sigh. They'll never get it I guess.

This team is comprised of a bunch of losers. What do you expect? I'll tell you what I expect.....to be out about $90 around 9:45pm Tuesday night and getting ready for that long frustrating drive back home on the NJ Turnpike.

Losing tuesday, plus parise leaving, the ownership situation, and god forbid the rangers win the cup....well the franchise will get the message along with an empty building.

Honestly at this point I am not going to sweat parise leaving. Someone else will overpay for him plus the fact we haven't won jack sh!t with him in any sort of leadership role is the reasons why I won't swear it

Huh? :lol: Florida is awful. They've done nothing in this series at even strength. Their goaltending is not an advantage over ours. So why exactly would this be our toughest matchup? Just rationalization at this point. There's alot of much tougher matchups still alive. sh!t everyone they could potentially play in the second round, down to Washington, is a tougher to much tougher matchup.

This is the answer to last year's Preds/Ducks series. Two losers matched up where someone has to win.

i agree they are a horrible team, hence why I said they had our number. Certain teams match up better. we got the sh!t end of the stick. id rather of played the pens.

And my mood is lifted seeing the rangers get shutout also!

after the buzzer jabbering joe was crying over boyle getting hurt and crying for the league to look at it as an illegal elbow to the head lol.

i agree they are a horrible team, hence why I said they had our number. Certain teams match up better. we got the sh!t end of the stick. id rather of played the pens.

Sure you would. If we were this listless, the Pens would have destroyed us, even with their current "EA sports" style of hockey. And if they remembered how they were supposed to play, my god, it would be ugly. The level we got to today isn't even 25% of the level those games are being played at, by everyone other than the goalies.

Honestly at this point I am not going to sweat parise leaving. Someone else will overpay for him plus the fact we haven't won jack sh!t with him in any sort of leadership role is the reasons why I won't swear it

As long as Parise doesn't go to the Rangers, Flyers, Hurricanes, or Penguins... I don't care where he ends up. I could see him on the Islanders since his old man played there and they seem dumb enough to overpay for him. Actually, seeing him on the same line as Tavares would be pretty fun to watch, and I don't really hate the Isles like I do the above mentioned franchises so i'd be rooting for him to do well as long as they're not playing us.

I still can't get over the fact that actually showing up for full hockey games is a problem for a team in the playoffs. I just can't. To hear Parise say the words "we didn't compete hard enough" after a pivotal, possibly series-turning game... I just don't know what to say.

And my mood is lifted seeing the rangers get shutout also!

Makes me feel even worse now, considering if we managed to win tonight, we very possible could have wound up playing the Caps in the next round.

I still can't get over the fact that actually showing up for full hockey games is a problem for a team in the playoffs. I just can't. To hear Parise say the words "we didn't compete hard enough" after a pivotal, possibly series-turning game... I just don't know what to say.

I usually expect my team's captain to make sure the rest of my team is ready to compete and does so (hold them accountable). I don't want to put it on Zach shoulders really, but that statement is troubling about the general attitude and expectations of this team/players.

If they lose Tuesday, there have to be changes.