GDT: 4/21/12, Game 5 Quarterfinals (6) NJD @ (3) FLA

Devils Pride 26

Islanders? you are a moron

Get a fukin grip. What are we 12 years old? Did I offend you because I can appreciate watching good hockey even if it's not coming from the team I root for? All i said was it could be fun watching Parise and Tavares on the same line as long as they're not playing against us (should he get traded to the NYI, which i'm not hoping for btw). I'm not an Isles fan but I'll admit that Tavares is one of the best young players in the league and if Zach was paired up with him, it would be entertaining to see. Sorry, i'll go back to drinking Lou's Kool-aid and shouting "Rangers suck!" so I can be considered a true fan.

Edited by slasher72

Another fun stat, we've lost our last five playoff games when facing elimination, the last four of them at home. Our last win when facing elimination was Game 4 against Carolina in 2006. Just to contrast, the Penguins already put up two wins when facing elimination this year.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I have to admit I'd be somewhat amused if Florida was the highest seed remaining after this round, which is very possible now. At this point it wouldn't totally shock me to see them troll everyone a la Carolina in 2002 and make a run to the Finals after they beat us and the rest of the bracket blows up.

I have to admit I'd be somewhat amused if Florida was the highest seed remaining after this round, which is very possible now. At this point it wouldn't totally shock me to see them troll everyone a la Carolina in 2002 and make a run to the Finals after they beat us and the rest of the bracket blows up.

Better them than the Rangers, Boston, Philly, or Pittsburgh.

I'd be shocked if they don't lose in 4 or 5 games to whoever they play. These panthers are fvcking terrible which makes losing to them even worse.

Yeah well the Panthers could get the Rangers, Boston and Pitt/Philly out of the way without having to play them. And if all the 3-2 leads hold they'd be playing Ottawa while the Caps and Flyers would play each other. They could certainly beat Ottawa, then once you get to the Conference Finals after having two series wins all bets are off.

Seasons over

Was never a fan of hanging the C on Parise. He doesn't need the added pressure. He's not an intimidating warrior type like a Stevens or Dennis Potvin...and he has played hard as usual but the comments tonight leave me scratching my head.

I dont know where the passion went really....but this team just doesnt show consistently that it wants it more than florida.

Another pathetic performance. I do NOT like our chances on Tuesday. No guts, no sense of urgency, no leadership. If I'm VBK I come out publicly and give an ultimatum: come back and win this series or Lou's fired. I'm serious. How much more of this crap are we gonna take year after year?

Vanderbeek is happy he gets 3 games in the building that's revenue. As for firing Lou he doesn't need these games to find an excuse there are many reason to do so.

I don't know how it happened, but we are broken down physically. They look worn out already.

I thin Anton, Clarkson, Poni, Kovy are all injured

Zajac is not quite there yet

Henrique hit a wall

Sykora hit a wall

Harrold is a minor leaguer

Greene and Zids are asked to produce all of the offense from the back-end which isn't good. We really miss Tallinder back there.

The Panthers have more players playing at full speed, we have a bunch of players that are tired/injured/too old/or dont give a **it

They just dont get it, after every loss its the same story..."we have to stay out of the box", "their PP is too good", "we have to get more guys in front of the net" ...blah blah blah.....just do it already and stop talking the talk

It seems to me like the Devils need to find themselves under pressure to get their asses going. I heard a theory it's the Panthers style of hockey that sort of puts teams into sleep unless they find some offensive spark. I think there is something about it. The Devils came out flying in Game 1, then, when they knew they did their job on the road, they didn't show up in Game 2 (until period 3). They played their best game of the series when they were under pressure and they really needed a win. Then, with the series tied, they disappeared again.

If that is indeed the case, then the disastrous Game 5 should be a wake up call for them and should push them to playing their best hockey. Marty's also known for bouncing back and he must be pissed after what he did last night. Be it the Panthers' style or some motivational problem (perhaps on the coaching side), clearly there's something wrong in terms of psychology with those players. The potential is clearly there and they showed they are capable of dominating Florida. I hope it's true that they just need their backs against the wall to wake the hell up and bring their A game.

I believe we're going back to Sunrise on Thursday.

The Panthers have more players playing at full speed, we have a bunch of players that are tired/injured/too old/or dont give a **it

They just dont get it, after every loss its the same story..."we have to stay out of the box", "their PP is too good", "we have to get more guys in front of the net" ...blah blah blah.....just do it already and stop talking the talk

Basically. The difference between the two teams right now is this: The Panthers bust their ass in the last shift of a 4-0 game to try and get one goal, while we can't even be bothered to compete in a swing Game 5! Not to mention I'm not sure their goalies have given up more than maybe one or two soft goals, while the greatest of all time's given up like seven.

I just cannot stand this group anymore.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Oh how I would love to have a player ala Chris Neil on this team right now. We stink. No heart. No passion. No creativity. We have a goalie that plays as if his past merits will automatically block shots for him while he's in the crease.

We have a coach that is scared to put Adam Henrique back in the middle of Kovy and Zach.

Shall I go on...