GDT: 4/21/12, Game 5 Quarterfinals (6) NJD @ (3) FLA

Devils Pride 26

Oh how I would love to have a player ala Chris Neil on this team right now. We stink. No heart. No passion. No creativity. We have a goalie that plays as if his past merits will automatically block shots for him while he's in the crease.

We have a coach that is scared to put Adam Henrique back in the middle of Kovy and Zach.

Shall I go on...

Insert Cam and have him hit EVERYTHING in sight the whole game!

Panthers speed on both wings on multiple lines has been a problem this series. I re-watched parts of the last few games. Guys like Versteeg, Bergenheim, Upshall, even Fleischmann and Weiss kept getting good rushes down the wing and around/through the defense.

Devils comparably were incredibly slow.

That not working hard comment is bewildering when it comes from several players. Where's the leadership/coaching to do things to prevent that from happening or nip it in the bud if it shows itself in the game.

If this team flops again in Game 6 or 7, there needs to be some shakeup, and hopefully not by Lou.

Zajac said they didn't work hard enough too. You really wonder wtf is going through these guys' heads as they're playing the games? They all look bewildered during the postgame as if they can't believe how gutless they actually are.

I have a feeling I know what's going through their heads: where they're going on vacation. That's how they've played at times in this series, and all of last night. Moreso than the actual losing, the lack of intensity and focus pisses me off.

Insert Cam and have him hit EVERYTHING in sight the whole game!

Yeah, oh well, there is a huge difference between somebody like Neil, who can actually play and is a physical force on top of that, and a waste of a roster spot like Janssen. The team as a whole does not play with fire. This is the NHL Playoffs, and while you can notice that in every other series thats being played in round 1, some of the Devils "efforts" remind me of a regular season game in November. Maybe they are happy with what they have accomplished during the regular season, which is indeed remarkable after last seasons first half disaster. I think this teams lacks a true leader, somebody to stand tall even in times like this. The Devils don't have this kind of player and they also have a very soft defense with too little offensive firepower. Too many identical player types, too few gritty guys. Heck, they should've drafted Couturier and things might look different right now.

Is it just me or did someone else notice that, on the second goal last night that Marty royally fvcked up, when the puxk went in he looked like he didn't have a care in the world

Not just you. I would've liked to see Marty break his stick over the crossbar on a play like that. I mean, PRETEND you give a fvck, even if you don't.

And btw if you guys want cheap Game 6 tickets, the liquidation sale is starting on StubHub. Looks like fans genuinely don't want to deal with another home loss.

I really can't blame people. I think a lot of fans are thinking "if the players don't give a sh!t, why should I?" I'm going, but I'm prepared to go down with the ship. Yet again.

I really can't blame people. I think a lot of fans are thinking "if the players don't give a sh!t, why should I?" I'm going, but I'm prepared to go down with the ship. Yet again.

I just hope they can pull their heads out of their asses for at least Game 6 so that guys and gals like you don't need to feel that utter disappointment again. It's one thing to watch them sh!t the bed on TV... but to see it end live ... such a sh!tty feel.

Edited by DevilsFanSteve30

Is it just me or did someone else notice that, on the second goal last night that Marty royally fvcked up, when the puxk went in he looked like he didn't have a care in the world

Marty has never, ever been one to get emotional after goals. His attitude "If it goes in it goes in." It's in the past and all he can do is try to stop the next one. When he's winning, people call it calmness and confidence. When he's losing, he doesn't care apparently.

having larsson back next year is like the one shiney spot i can see, maybe a chance to go back to a defensively sound system at that, give marty or whatever plug they find for him a fighting chance too.

Marty has never, ever been one to get emotional after goals. His attitude "If it goes in it goes in." It's in the past and all he can do is try to stop the next one.

yes to this

Yeah, Marty does his best to keep a poker face so he doesn't let the other team see him bleed. It's the same reason he laughed after the Ozolinsh goal in Game 3 of the Finals. Marty's goal reactions are the least of the team's worries now, his actual play itself is among the biggest.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I would've been more disappointed in Marty if the Devils had tied it up at 1 before he let in that cheap second goal. But as it was, the Devils weren't creating any good scoring chances whatsoever anyway, so that was the reason for the loss, not Marty's play, which was actually very good for the most part.

Edited by 95Crash

Marty has never, ever been one to get emotional after goals. His attitude "If it goes in it goes in." It's in the past and all he can do is try to stop the next one. When he's winning, people call it calmness and confidence. When he's losing, he doesn't care apparently.

Right and that's really the better way of reacting but when fans get upset over something and the player doesn't get as emotional as them, it bothers them.. You don't want players who dwell on a bad play or get visibly upset/angry.. "It happened and it's over so move on" is the right reaction and you're an idiot if you think Marty should be getting all angry, like that does anything

Granted, but they had a few closeups of him after he gave up that second goal -- the one where he was hanging out by the edge of the trapezoid and got beaten like a rented mule -- and he looked like he was a million miles away, you could see it in his eyes. I don't need Marty to "get emotional", but it would be nice if he could keep his head in the game.

As for the rest of the team, I think they need a visit from the Ghost of Christmas Past:

gallery_47_36_50215.jpg

Basically. The difference between the two teams right now is this: The Panthers bust their ass in the last shift of a 4-0 game to try and get one goal, while we can't even be bothered to compete in a swing Game 5! Not to mention I'm not sure their goalies have given up more than maybe one or two soft goals, while the greatest of all time's given up like seven.

I just cannot stand this group anymore.

LOL at 7 soft goals when he's only given up 10. Granted it's 10 in 4 games really and not 10 in 5, but we're being a TAD melodramatic here.

Yet every goal we score is legendary. You know two of them were scored with Threeorfour swimming and it's somehow acceptable to get beaten by Steve Bernier in a tight game.