Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beetlebum

Imperative lines changes for game 6

32 posts in this topic

Parise Elias Sykora - You can make the case that Elias and Parise are the Devils two best players in this series and normally. Sykora, is like Elias conjoined twin and they should be together because their chemistry is pretty great most of they ime.

Kovalchuk Zajac Henrique - This puts Kovy back on his natural side, which I think is imperative in his weakened state (groin probably). Zajac has familiarity with Zajac and Henrique already as both have centered him. Personally, I think this move will help Henrique as well as he loves going up the right wing.

Poni Zubrus Clarkson - Yes, you can make the case that Zubrus would struggle on FO's however, Henrique has been quite poor as well. This line would be key because they would have sustained zone pressure as they are big bodies who are strong along the boards.

Carter Gionta Bernier - Status Quo

Personally, I'd bench Sykora, start Cam on the 4th, move Bernier up. Roll double shifting one of [or all 3, rotating] Zach, Kovy, Elais until we need a spark from Cam going after Versteeg.

For the start of the game:

Kovy-Zajac-Parise

Elias-Zubrus-Clarkson

Poni-Henrique-Bernier

Carter-Gio-Janssen

Then, afterwards, put all the names on index cards, shuffle, toss in air, pick up at random, generate lines that way.

I'd also LOVE to see Salvador or Volchenkov benched and Larsson given a shot, but it will not happen.

We will go into Tuesday, everything the same, we'll get on Theodore early, then become complacent.

Edited by jagknife

Personally, I'd bench Sykora, start Cam on the 4th, move Bernier up. Roll double shifting one of [or all 3, rotating] Zach, Kovy, Elais until we need a spark from Cam going after Versteeg.

For the start of the game:

Kovy-Zajac-Parise

Elias-Zubrus-Clarkson

Poni-Henrique-Bernier

Carter-Gio-Janssen

Then, afterwards, put all the names on index cards, shuffle, toss in air, pick up at random, generate lines that way.

I'd also LOVE to see Salvador or Volchenkov benched and Larsson given a shot, but it will not happen.

We will go into Tuesday, everything the same, we'll get on Theodore early, then become complacent.

Salvador has played excellent in this series. Don't see why anyone would have a problem with his play.

Guess we wait till tomorrow to see if PDB changes any lines in practice.

Salvador has played excellent in this series. Don't see why anyone would have a problem with his play.

Maybe I'm hyper critical, but I feel like everyime I'm watching him, aside from Game 4, He's out of position.

Him being on the same PK unit with Volcheknov does not help me see things objectively.

Guess we wait till tomorrow to see if PDB changes any lines in practice.

I really don't see any changes being made.

Why change the lines they did well in game 4. Put in Hedberg, that's the change but of course that won't happen.

Maybe I'm hyper critical

I really don't see any changes being made.

You are IMO. I think Sal has been our best and most consistent D-man this series. Its not a good thing. Zidlicky has had his moments as well.

Yea, I don't either. I'd like to see Henrique on one of the top 2 lines though and I think Larsson deserves consideration to play.

And here's the "desperate, facing-elimination-imperative-line-changes thread" -- a familiar occurrence around here these past 6 years.

Why change the lines they did well in game 4. Put in Hedberg, that's the change but of course that won't happen.

Yeah, Hedberg has that wicked wrist-shot that MArty doesn't have. Also, I love the way hedberg sets up kovalchuk in the slot. His grinding ability is slick too.

In case you didn't watch, the Devils scored ZERO goals last night. Go ahead, blame that on Marty.

God, you are really annoying.

its a shame that with all our offensive firepower we get shutout. yuck.

kovalchuk-henrique-clarkson

parise-zubrus-ponikarovsky

sykora-zajac-elias

carter-gio-bernier

just spitballin

And here's the "desperate, facing-elimination-imperative-line-changes thread" -- a familiar occurrence around here these past 6 years.

And in a lot of cases its been true espc when Sutter was coaching.

I'd like to see some minimal changes, but this series is going back and forth and everyone seems to be focusing on the negatives (understandably so). I have no doubts that the Devils will come out on fire tomorrow night, just like in games 1, 3, and 4. Now whether they can hold on to a lead or finish the game is another story. They are working harder to beat us and excelling where they were expected to play well (power play).

I like Beetlebum's idea. The Elias line has escaped criticism on this board, and it has been a major disappointment.

Putting Bernier in Sykora's spot and benching Sykora I like, but not if it means Cam Janssen. If we put in Zharkov I'd be all for that.

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman

Could be worse. I was thinking of starting a "true believers" thread today. You know it's bad when that happens.

Yeah, Hedberg has that wicked wrist-shot that MArty doesn't have. Also, I love the way hedberg sets up kovalchuk in the slot. His grinding ability is slick too.

In case you didn't watch, the Devils scored ZERO goals last night. Go ahead, blame that on Marty.

Exactly. Can't pin this one on #30. We had no great scoring chances the whole game....

Poni Zubrus Bernier! This line was sick when together, and frankly, David Clarkson should be on the fourth line with Gionta and Carter.

Parise-Elias-Kovy

Zubs-Zajac-Bernier

Poni-Henrique-Clarkson

Gionta-Carter-Sykora

If you told me pre series that our fourth line is the one we aren't complaining about, id think you are crazy

Kool aid drinker

What did Marty do wrong last night? Certainly wasn't his fault on the second goal in fact even if he didn't come out of the crease the Panthers might of scored since their player was wide open in front of the net.

What did Marty do wrong last night? Certainly wasn't his fault on the second goal in fact even if he didn't come out of the crease the Panthers might of scored since their player was wide open in front of the net.

What????! :huh:

We are in a losing series right now. It is perfectly legit to start a line change thread.

Here are the combined fenwicks for this series.

Parise - +12

Clarkson +10

Greene - +9

Harrold - +8

Zajac - +7

Elias - +3

Zidlicky - +2

Henrique - +2

Zubrus - +1

Ponikarovsky - +1

Fayne - +1

Sykora - -1