"Luongo willing to waive no-trade clause"

Wolfy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LINK: http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=629476

I know he's not exactly young, but I think he still has a few years in him, and comes together with a .919 career SV% as well as from a .919 SV% season. He seems like a solid goaltender, and I'm thinking maybe for the right price?

Discuss.

For the right price?

Edited by ben00rs

LINK: http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=629476

I know he's not exactly young, but I think he still has a few years in him, and comes together with a .919 career SV% as well as from a .919 SV% season. He seems like a solid goaltender, and I'm thinking maybe for the right price?

Discuss.

We can’t negotiate his cap hit, so NO!

I'm not too surprised and I think its best for Vancouver to go with Schneider over Luongo. No way in hell I would want the Devils to pay what it would take to get him, especially with Brodeur coming back next year and the depth in the system.

Imagine the media sh!t storm it would create if a team like Toronto made a run at him. :giggle:

For the right price?

Well, his contract with the Nucks is for 64 million over 12 years, which comes to about 5.3 million/year. It all really depends on the re-signing of Parise, as well as if Luongo asks for a monster-deal in terms of years, but we just may have the cap space to wiggle him in for, say a 3-year contract anywhere between 15-20 million?

LE: I'm thinking we might want to try and have a go at him, as we are in need of a solid goaltender and I don't see many of his calibre across the league that are willing to be traded.

Edited by Wolfy

Well, his contract with the Nucks is for 64 million over 12 years, which comes to about 5.3 million/year. It all really depends on the re-signing of Parise, as well as if Luongo asks for a monster-deal in terms of years, but we just may have the cap space to wiggle him in for, say a 3-year contract anywhere between 15-20 million?

He's already 33 and under contract with a $5,333,333 cap hit through the 2021-22 season. No way would he be a good investment even if they were giving him away for peanuts.

I'd listen, but we don't have any terrible contracts I'm looking to get rid of, cept maybe current whipping boy Volchenkov (who has a NTC). I don't think 33 year old goalies with 10 years (really about 6-7 years) and 47 million left on their contracts are good acquisitions, even though Luongo has had a phenomenal career thus far.

Send Kovi to Vancouver and start the defense-out rebuild

This is the only possible trade I'd consider, assuming Vancouver gave more than just Luongo in the trade (this is also highly improbable)

I'd listen, but we don't have any terrible contracts I'm looking to get rid of, cept maybe current whipping boy Volchenkov (who has a NTC). I don't think 33 year old goalies with 10 years (really about 6-7 years) and 47 million left on their contracts are good acquisitions, even though Luongo has had a phenomenal career thus far.

This is the only possible trade I'd consider, assuming Vancouver gave more than just Luongo in the trade (this is also highly improbable)

yeah I was just throwing out some nonsense, but if we could move Kovi's crazy contract and get this team financially and structurally sound it might be an idea worth considering.

And I'm not bashing Kovi....just his contract

Kovy's contract is not that bad all considering. The only problem is the length.

Trading Kovy for Luongo would be ridiculous and stupid though ESPECIALLY if we're going to lose Zach. Besides, I'd rather have Schneider than Luongo.

6,7M cap hit for 5th overall on points (and PTS/G) on an offensively challenged team like the Devils playing in the Atlantic division is not a bad contract.

6.7M for a 33 year old goaltender who is a notorious choker and is signed until 2022 is ridiculous and shouldnt even be considered by this franchise. Id rather us bring Clemmer back or go after someone like Josh Harding than even think of trading for Luongo.

People complain about Brodeur around here. Imagine how luongo who has a knack for choking in the playoffs would fare.

I seem to recall the nucks being in game 7 in the finals last year.. Not sure that qualifies as "choking". This year they were beaten by LA because of lack of scoring, not poor goaltending.

That said, I don't want Luongo. I'd rather they make a move on Rask, Harding, Schneider, Elliot/Halak etc.

Edited by njdevsftw

I seem to recall the nucks being in game 7 in the finals last year.. Not sure that qualifies as "choking". This year they were beaten by LA because of lack of scoring, not poor goaltending.

Yet, Luongo was benched for Schneider, how many times?

Luongo is not an answer here. The contract's length sucks and he's regressed performance-wise. He and Marty had the same G.AA and wins this year and Luongo played for the President's Trophy winning team.

6.7M in today's NHL is too much for a goaltender.

That said, I don't want Luongo. I'd rather they make a move on Rask, Harding, Schneider, Elliot/Halak etc.

Do you seem to recall the outcome of that game, the many years he missed the playoffs, and the years he wasnt able to get out of the first or second round? Luongo is 33 and hasn't picked up any NHL hardware and would be a higher cap hit than Marty is now. It's not what the devils need at all.

Do you seem to recall the outcome of that game, the many years he missed the playoffs, and the years he wasnt able to get out of the first or second round? Luongo is 33 and hasn't picked up any NHL hardware and would be a higher cap hit than Marty is now. It's not what the devils need at all.

Luongo save percentage in the playoffs: .916

Brodeur save percentage in the playoffs: .919

Luongo is quite underrated but his contract does run long and I wouldn't want him on NJ as a result. Still, this 'choking' label is so ridiculous.