For those who want a black alternate jersey:

nyrsuck26

SB Nation

Nine NHL teams have a black jersey as part of their uniform collection. Those nine teams may want to reconsider.

According to a new study brought to our attention by this NPR report, teams that wear black uniforms are penalized "significantly more" than teams in white or other-colored jerseys. The study analyzed 50,000 NHL games across a nearly 25-year span and found that teams wearing black uniforms were penalized about two minutes more per game on average.

I found this pretty interesting.

Eh, sounds like someone who had something against black jerseys went out and started this "study" and just happened to find a coincidental correlation. Take it for what's there, but I wouldn't read too much into it. I'd just like to see us have a 3rd jersey of some kind....

I agree that a throwback is more meaningful than a 3rd jersey.

Exactly. I just don't get all the want for a 3rd jersey. Is everyone really that eager to blow a couple hundred bucks on a jersey that, given the lifespan of other team's 3rd jerseys, will only be around for a couple years and then look silly and outdated in 5 years.

I mean, does everyone remember those Rangers jerseys with the head of the statue of liberty on it? I for some reason doubt Rags fans wish they could have a jersey, with a statue that's actually in NJ, back right now. 3rd jerseys are stupid looking 99.99% of the time and I doubt that the Devils are going to come up with one that falls into that .01%./rant

Starter made those black Devils jerseys in the mid to late 90's that you still see people wear here and there at the Rock. They look decent but I like what we have now with the current schemes and retro jerseys.

If you really want a black jersey just buy the starter one from ebay or one of those new Black Ice jerseys Reebok started selling a year ago that I am still on the fence about if I like or not.

Edited by DevsMan84