Tickets on sale today at 1PM!

DJ Eco

I hope all the STH who were complaining round 1 about the Devils offering college discounts cheaper than what they paid use this as a good example.

I'm a STH in 130.

Paid $57 for round 1 and $63 for round 2.

Printed on my ticket is $85 for round 2.

was already offered $150/each by flyer fans (of course i turned it down, I'm going)

STH are well taken care of this round with uppers going for $71.....lol

Of course this post isn't made if either the Devils lose, or the Rangers lose and the Devils had to wind up hosting the Caps tomorrow in what would have been a nuclear situation for the sales department, having to peddle thousands of tickets last minute to the first two games of the 2nd round for 'another' non-rival.

Generally though, it's obvious the longer you go in the playoffs, the more it's going to favor sth's and plan buyers. I always use the playoff rights and convenience as the main argument for buying season tickets since you 'can' get comparable prices in the regular season if you hunt and peck on the secondary market (it's too time-consuming for me to worry about every little discount and offer).

And most of the time you can get comparable prices in the first round as well. Since we haven't gone past the first round in five years, the playoff rights mattered less and people are going to be more sensitive to the first-round discounts and secondary market prices, since those are the only playoff games we've gotten in this building until now :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope all the STH who were complaining round 1 about the Devils offering college discounts cheaper than what they paid use this as a good example.

I'm a STH in 130.

Paid $57 for round 1 and $63 for round 2.

Printed on my ticket is $85 for round 2.

was already offered $150/each by flyer fans (of course i turned it down, I'm going)

STH are well taken care of this round with uppers going for $71.....lol

Hell yeah... STH here in 215, got mine for $45 round 1 and $55 round 2. I was kind of regretting buying them in advance when I saw how cheap they were being offered at during the first round, but they're more than paying for themselves this round!!

I just called the box office to see if they have any more $71 tickets available before I drive over there. They said there are none left, all that is left are individual seating, but none in the $71 price range. They also said that for Game 6 the cheapest tickets are $91, not $71, but there are none of those left either. I don't think I've ever seen a price increase mid-series before, and on ticketmaster it lists $71 as one of the price ranges so I'm not 100% sure how accurate that is. FYI no $71 tickets on ticketmaster for that game either, so possibly it is just listed there without any tickets actually having been sold at that price.

I don't expect tickets to get much cheaper on stubhub so I guess I'll just keep checking ticketmaster to see if more get released, if not guess I'll just be watching from home.

I just called the box office to see if they have any more $71 tickets available before I drive over there. They said there are none left, all that is left are individual seating, but none in the $71 price range. They also said that for Game 6 the cheapest tickets are $91, not $71, but there are none of those left either. I don't think I've ever seen a price increase mid-series before, and on ticketmaster it lists $71 as one of the price ranges so I'm not 100% sure how accurate that is. FYI no $71 tickets on ticketmaster for that game either, so possibly it is just listed there without any tickets actually having been sold at that price.

I don't expect tickets to get much cheaper on stubhub so I guess I'll just keep checking ticketmaster to see if more get released, if not guess I'll just be watching from home.

Just keep checking stub hub and jump on anything that looks like a decent enough price for you.

I went to all of the playoff games in 04 in Philly, didn't wear anything devils related cause I just can't stand dealing with opposing teams fans as I'd rather not have to talk or interact with any of them but the people I saw in Devils gear were being heckled the whole time. I've been to games during the regular season as well which are rather tame, the playoffs are a lot worse.

i was at game 5 in 2004 with a friend of mine from college who was a Flyers fan. We sat 3 rows from the top of the upper bowl and I woe my Niedermayer jersey. Besides hearing the obligatory "Marty sucks" and "Niedermayer...Dead" chants thrown at me, I got heckled by a 4 year old who was at the game with his grandparents. Kid kept yelling "Devils suck" prior to the opening faceoff so I turned around and asked him if he he could count to three. When the kid asked me why, I told him to ask his grandpa because he would know what I meant. Funny exchange.

Never got physical with anyone and I never felt intimidated, including by the douches from the local radio station in the lower concourse bar area that anounced on air that a Devils fan had just enered the bar and the whole place proceeded to "boo" me. Surprisingly, there were a ton of Devils fans at the game, including a hot chick sitting in the row behind me, that I got to talk to throughout the game. Not a bad experience, but they are generally a bunch of a$$holes, so I would never blame anyone for refusing to go there as an away fan.