Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Have Another Donut

Any news on JJ or Talinder?

23 posts in this topic

jj went to a soft cast per TG earlier this week - i'd say 2 weeks from practicing - a round 3 return is possible - should they reach there, it will be interesting what they do as gionta has filled the 4th line center role quite well.

tallinder has just been getting the "status quo" treatment and i think it's assumed he's done for the season.

JJ got put in a smaller cast, as planned. Doubt he'll be playing this round though.

Honestly? Hope Tallinder is better but don't really want him playing. Harrold has been good and we got young Tao who is decent D as well as offensive for future not Tallinder.

Edited by BelieveinBrodeur

Tallinder was our best all-around defenseman when he went down.

Taormina. Lollerskates.

This team would be miles better if it had a healthy Tallinder. He is so underrated around here.

Getting him back would be HUGE. Between him and Zidlicky our PP and PK would improve a lot, as well as 5on5. He's also a big guy, and as we go further into the playoffs, especially against a team like Philly, we'll need as much physical play as we can muster.

That being said, the D hasn't been bad, but he'd make it so much better.

did someone here just suggest that he would not play a healthy Tallinder because Harrold is here?? smh

I could not be mad at any devil player the way i am at harrold

I could not be mad at any devil player the way i am at harrold

Any specific reason?

I also don't understand the Tallinder hate. He was the Devils' best defenseman last year.

Dont be mad at him. The forwards hung him out to dry a couple of times when he was getting double-teamed back there. So I cant kill him for those mistakes. I just wish he would shoot more when he has the chance.

What happened to Tallinder again? Torn ACL?

I just feel like it wasn't a season-ending type injury when it happened, but I guess that's because we're never informed what the injuries actually are.

Tallinder got a blood clot in his leg, according to the reports. He was supposed to be ready by now, if I recall correctly, but who knows.

Tallinder got a blood clot in his leg, according to the reports. He was supposed to be ready by now, if I recall correctly, but who knows.

You never know with a blood clot. It breaks up whenever it does, the time it takes varies.

Bump. Wondering what the odds are to see JJ

I'm thinking we don't see him unless someone else gets injured.

I'm thinking we don't see him unless someone else gets injured.

I think we've been lucky with injuries so far in these playoffs. Lucky in the sense that Kovy only missed a game and doesn't seem hampered by it, and also that Carter only ate bad lettuce. Otherwise, it's been smooth sailing.

I guess I'm saying we're due for some bad luck on that side.

Larsson said he is going to give JJ some milk so he dont get a new injury

One of the most stunning things in a stunning playoffs is it hardly matters at this point if either comes back. Unless Zidlicky's hurt, then you'd like to have Tallinder and get extra depth.

From Monday's Star-Ledger:

Might the Devils see center Jacob Josefson if they go deep enough into the playoffs? DeBoer said Josefson’s fractured left wrist suffered April 3 is properly healed and he should be skating in the "near future."

Per TG:

Center Jacob Josefson has skated on his own the last two days. Thursday was the first time on the ice for Josefson since he fractured his left wrist on April 3 against the Islanders.

Josefson did not skate for more that five weeks, so he’ll need some time to get his on-ice conditioning back, but it seems possible that he might be available to play if needed by some time later in the conference finals or at least the Stanley Cup Finals – if the Devils get that far.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/deboer_zidlicky_and_volchenkov_getting_better_josefson_resumes_skating/

At this point I do not tinker with the lineup at all, regardless of who becomes healthy...