Game 1 roll call

daneyko_booster

I'm heading down for game 1, was wondering if anyone else is going? Any advice from others who have been there before? I already decided not to wear a jersey, since it's not worth the potential trouble it could cause. I'll be there with a Philly fan, so I think that helps...

Do not open your mouth, do not talk back, do not even look ay anyone who yells at you. I went there once and it was not fun at all and I was even in a suite.

Edited by Zubie#8

I went to all of the playoff games in 04 in Philly, didn't wear anything devils related cause I just can't stand dealing with opposing teams fans as I'd rather not have to talk or interact with any of them but the people I saw in Devils gear were being heckled the whole time. I've been to games during the regular season as well which are rather tame, the playoffs are a lot worse.

I just don't enjoy going to road games very much anymore so I didn't go to any in 2010 and have no plans to go down there at all this year.

I went to all of the playoff games in 04 in Philly, didn't wear anything devils related cause I just can't stand dealing with opposing teams fans as I'd rather not have to talk or interact with any of them but the people I saw in Devils gear were being heckled the whole time. I've been to games during the regular season as well which are rather tame, the playoffs are a lot worse.

I just don't enjoy going to road games very much anymore so I didn't go to any in 2010 and have no plans to go down there at all this year.

The only place where I am never heckled is Montreal. They love the Devils and I talk to a lot of people when I am there. They obviously love Brodeur, many people walk by and just say 'Martin Brodeur eh!'. Went there three times and it was a blast each time. Fans were nice, amazing arena, and a beautiful city.

Edited by Zubie#8

I never went to a watch a hockey game in Philly, but I guess that even if they have the reputation of being violent and stupid, you just have to ignore the idiots and wear your colors proudly. Maybe also not celebrate too much when the Devils score haha

Thanks for all the advice! My friend ended up bailing on me, so I went on my own and decided to wear the jersey. Didn't run into any problems, but heard a TON of comments/disses that ranged from boring to hilarious. I took all of it in good fun, and ended up chatting with a few friendly Flyers fans. If NJ had won in OT, I would have defo taken the jersey off before leaving, I could easily see how things could go sour with some of the crowd.

Will be there again tomorrow, and am hoping I need to take my jersey off after the game for safety reasons! ;)

I was there on 11/3 when Elias won it in a shootout.. Gloated the whole way out by high 5'ing other Devils fans I passed.. Had no problems leaving or in the bathrooms, in fact they heckled their own fans in the bathroom not me.. Just don't act the way their fans do in our building and it's not a problem.. 95% of their fans just want to watch the game.. Don't give the idiots a reason to escalate things and you're fine.