We can beat the Flyers

USAkid90

I feel like we can beat them in 6 or 7.

Yes, the Flyers have a potent offense, but their goalie and defense leaves a lot to be desired. If we can commit to team defense we can shut down the high powered offense of theirs.

Also, if the Caps can beat the Rags in the 2nd round and we beat the Flyers, then I truly like our chances of going to the Stanley Cup

LETS GO DEVILS!!!

I had a dream last night we were up 3-0 in the series, LOL. It sort of reminds me that anything can happen in the playoffs. A lot of people (including me) were picking a Canucks - Penguins Stanley Cup final. Where are those teams now? Now the Flyers are the favourite and they might as well get upset.

That being said, my rational pick is 4-1 Flyers. I hope I'm really, really wrong, but the Flyers seem like the higher and tougher version of the Panthers: very strong offense, even deadlier powerplay plus the tendency to actually beat people up. I just hope their goaltending will also be even shakier than the Panthers.

I had a dream last night we were up 3-0 in the series, LOL. It sort of reminds me that anything can happen in the playoffs. A lot of people (including me) were picking a Canucks - Penguins Stanley Cup final. Where are those teams now? Now the Flyers are the favourite and they might as well get upset.

That being said, my rational pick is 4-1 Flyers. I hope I'm really, really wrong, but the Flyers seem like the higher and tougher version of the Panthers: very strong offense, even deadlier powerplay plus the tendency to actually beat people up. I just hope their goaltending will also be even shakier than the Panthers.

Nothing like confident devils fans....... Ive never understood people who pick against their own team.

Nothing like confident devils fans....... Ive never understood people who pick against their own team.

I feel like some people around here feel superior because they're so "unbiased" and don't mind picking against their team. As far as I'm concerned, if you're a fan of a team, you should pick them because you believe they'll find a way to win, even if you think they might be over-matched.

I'm not asking you to go put money on them in Vegas, but at least pick your team to win among friends/fellow hockey fans.

Every single person on this board who has picked the Devils to lose, whether it was in the last round or this one, has come at it with the caveat of "I hope to God and Batman that I'm wrong". There's a difference between wanting your team to win and recognizing that winning will be a tall order.

Can the Devils beat the Flyers in a seven-game series? Well, sure, anything's possible, but will they? Coming into the series, it didn't look like it; the Flyers just beat the stuffing out of Sidney and the Penguins, and the Devils had just barely squeaked by the Panthers. After the first period, it looked like it would be a cakewalk. Taking the rest of the game into account, it's back to being an uphill battle.

And before anyone thinks of it, picking the Flyers to win the series is nothing like being fervently anti-Kovalchuk or anti-Brodeur. Both situations are the poster in question being honest, but the difference is that those who pick the Flyers aren't being trolls about it; rather, they're almost apologetic about it.

Every single person on this board who has picked the Devils to lose, whether it was in the last round or this one, has come at it with the caveat of "I hope to God and Batman that I'm wrong". There's a difference between wanting your team to win and recognizing that winning will be a tall order.

Can the Devils beat the Flyers in a seven-game series? Well, sure, anything's possible, but will they? Coming into the series, it didn't look like it; the Flyers just beat the stuffing out of Sidney and the Penguins, and the Devils had just barely squeaked by the Panthers. After the first period, it looked like it would be a cakewalk. Taking the rest of the game into account, it's back to being an uphill battle.

And before anyone thinks of it, picking the Flyers to win the series is nothing like being fervently anti-Kovalchuk or anti-Brodeur. Both situations are the poster in question being honest, but the difference is that those who pick the Flyers aren't being trolls about it; rather, they're almost apologetic about it.

I actually agree with this.

My heart says devils in 6 or 7 but my mind says flyers in 6.

Ive never understood people who pick against their own team.

As far as I'm concerned, if you're a fan of a team, you should pick them because you believe they'll find a way to win, even if you think they might be over-matched.

Are you kidding me? Give me a break. When I predict the Devils are going to lose a series, I'm not rooting against them - I'm just being realistic, and there's nothing wrong with that. The Flyers are a strong team, and even though I would love nothing more than for the Devils to win, I don't see it happening. Does that make me a bad fan? Not at all. I'll still be watching every second of every game rooting the Devils on. Blindly picking your team to win even when they are outmatched doesn't make you any better than those of us who predict the Flyers will win the series.

• Like 1

Thank You for the level headed post. While I think nothing would be more awesome than having the Devils win the series, the Flyers have us ovr a barrel in offense, defense.

My heart says devils in 6 or 7 but my mind says flyers in 6.

This.

bryzgalov just sucks put it that way. Just get shot on net he'll let those out those juicy rebounds and get shots from the point..

And that's what we can hang our hats on right now. The Flyers are beatable; the Devils need to get to Bryzgalov and keep the defensive/goaltending brainfarts to a minimum.