GDT: Eastern Conference Semis - Game 2 NJ @ Philadelphia - 5/1/12

NJCroMag

They don't. National networks are frontrunners, original six friendly and obsessed with the flavor of the month when the former don't satisfy them

He wasn't talking about that, he was talking about what Lou says every year after we get eliminated. If they get embaressed in this series, which is where this is headed, Lou will have a lot to think about.

just like 2010.

i fear should they get dispatched in 4, lamoriello will use the injury excuse and say he likes the team and it was great effort and yakyakyak....

Flyers play with grit and intensity.. Basically, their style involves being aggressive and constantly moving.. Ours has been more aggressive this season (not as aggressive as the Flyers) but we still insist on a stagnant game

If you're on D, is it easier to cover guys who are always moving around or is it easier to cover guys who stick to one area of the ice?

Still got faith in these guys. Bryz hasn't looked too great so far, just get more shots on him, and don't sit and hold the puck for freaking ever. Devils can still get in this. AND PLEASE STAY THE HELL OUT OF THE BOX.

The Devils played well, but as a team we are just over-matched. We can't keep up with them. Brodeur is going to have to stand on his head and our offense is going to need to find regular pressure.

Lucky to be coming out of this 0-1.

PHI came to play tonight.

NBC unaware that there is an opponent team tonight - covering it like a Globetrotters game.

Yeah it's been pretty awful.. Usually McGuire loves talking about us so I can only assume its cause NBC is owned by the same dude

If they get swept, Lou needs to see the major gulf between the Devils and teams like the Rangers and Flyers and make some plans accordingly to make some moves and build for the next couple years.

the gap between the rangers can be closed by improving the defense. the rangers strength is their defense and its just not the ability to shot block and collapse deep, either. they join the play and they contribute offensively. del zotto, mcdonagh, girardi, staal all contribute to both ends of the ice. even anton stralman a player not fit to be singed by the devils was a nice find.

the gap between the flyers is speed and strength up front.

there will be plenty of threads discussing this in the next week or so but i really am not expecting any improvement from FA. this offseason has a potential to be nuclear level trouble should alot of potential factors come to fruition.

Edited by hockey3893498

Obviously I wish the Devils had the lead or it was at least tied but I'm not too upset with that 1st period. The Devils outshot the Flyers and created some decent chances. If the Flyers keep letting the Devils stay in the game they may end up shooting themselves in the foot.

Mini rant: Not a huge fan of that call against Salvador at the end of the period. Technically it is interference but that is such a ticky tack call to make at the end of the period and its not like he was impeding a scoring chance with a second left on the cock. 8 years ago that is just called defense. Its not specific to the Devils though...watching the different playoff series' this year, it seems a lot of teams are getting hit with these ticky tack calls, especially interference. I'm not saying the refs are doing a bad job, technically they are right, but I wish they'd let a bit more go in the playoffs. Barely bump a guy the wrong way in today's NHL and you'll be in the box.

ill tell you this much i never cared for pierre but at this point i could taking losing alot better if he somehow got his dumb bald head hit by a clearing attempt.

outside of Parise and maybe Henrique, it seems like our team is full of 'B' rated role players just trying to keep up with the rest of the action.

Addressing the issue if they get swept, I have zero faith that Lou will shake things up in a major way. It's not his style. He'll keep the status quo.

Maybe Lou can locate more family members of current or past players who also play hockey and sign them in the offseason? Does Gionta have any cousins who can play for this team?

Edited by slasher72